Reporting a bug > armor reverts back to Blue Stripes Outfit each part of the Prologue

+
Reporting a bug > armor reverts back to Blue Stripes Outfit each part of the Prologue

Hi,

I just thought I'd report this bug I've found.

The very first Chapter of the Prologue (when Geralt is being interogated by Roche) I changed my armor from the Blue Stripes Outfit, to my Raven Armor, and my sword from D'yabel to ~Mahakam Rune Sihil. Each chapter of the prologue after that, it keeps reverting back to the Blue Stripes Outfit, and the D'yabel sword.

It's no big issue at all, but just thought I'd mention it. Cheers.

steelbom said:
Hi,

The very first Chapter of the Prologue (when Geralt is being interogated by Roche) I changed my armor from the Blue Stripes Outfit, to my Raven Armor, and my sword from D'yabel to ~Mahakam Rune Sihil. Each chapter of the prologue after that, it keeps reverting back to the Blue Stripes Outfit, and the D'yabel sword.

Yar lol this is an ooold issue that's been around since the game first launched, thankfully your currently equipped items arnt deleted, they're just tossed back into your inventory and replaced by the Blue Stripes stuff.

Luckily with the EE DLCs can be disabled and I did exactly that for ALL the item DLCs. I consider most of these overpowered anway, they take away some pleasure of getting better gear because they stay the best for quite some time (specially the mages stuff, like herbalist gloves).

But the game took it's revenge on me for denying myself the DLCs: It put me in my UNDERWEAR (the white fluffy trousers) for every new prologue part. :D

Yeah...I too hope they get around to this sometime. It can't be that difficult to get rid of those rather anticlimatic glitches.

Same with the silver sword...if you import a savegame you got two - the standard one and the one imported from TW1. So when you loose one to the dragon you still got the second (and better one), rendering the silver sword quest in Act 1 useless. Like I said...anticlimatic. -.-

GODzilla said:
Luckily with the EE DLCs can be disabled and I did exactly that for ALL the item DLCs. I consider most of these overpowered anway, they take away some pleasure of getting better gear because they stay the best for quite some time (specially the mages stuff, like herbalist gloves).

But the game took it's revenge on me for denying myself the DLCs: It put me in my UNDERWEAR (the white fluffy trousers) for every new prologue part. :D

Yeah...I too hope they get around to this sometime. It can't be that difficult to get rid of those rather anticlimatic glitches.
AHAHA that would've been funny...! But yes, it should be pretty simple.
Same with the silver sword...if you import a savegame you got two - the standard one and the one imported from TW1. So when you loose one to the dragon you still got the second (and better one), rendering the silver sword quest in Act 1 useless. Like I said...anticlimatic. -.-
I'm not sure this one is a bug... else you'd lose your neat imported sword. The other sword is there so you lose it, but yes it does render that quest pointless. (But I don't want to lose my Moon Blade!)

steelbom said:
Hi,

I had a similar issue, when I try to wear the Raven armor, it still shows me wearing the Blue Stripes Outfit, but in my inventory it show me wearing Raven. I thought maybe there was a problem with the Raven armor textures or something, so I downloaded a Raven Armor retex mod, and in that case it just changed the belt strap across Geralt's shoulder to the modded version, but the main armor appearance stayed as Blue Stripes Outfit... I don't know why this is happening now. On my first play through I never had any such problems. Stupid Enhanced Edition.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's more a problem about the Raven Armor, rather than Blue Stripes Outfit for me. For some reason if I equip some other armor (like the basic leather armor) that appearance will show up, but when I try to put on the Raven Armor, the appearance will remain as the last armor I was wearing.

(Also, ya I agree, the silver sword quest feels kinda silly if you have an import file, I think I'm just gonna have my imported sword unequipped just to role play it).

LordMelkor said:
I had a similar issue, when I try to wear the Raven armor, it still shows me wearing the Blue Stripes Outfit, but in my inventory it show me wearing Raven. I thought maybe there was a problem with the Raven armor textures or something, so I downloaded a Raven Armor retex mod, and in that case it just changed the belt strap across Geralt's shoulder to the modded version, but the main armor appearance stayed as Blue Stripes Outfit... I don't know why this is happening now. On my first play through I never had any such problems. Stupid Enhanced Edition.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's more a problem about the Raven Armor, rather than Blue Stripes Outfit for me. For some reason if I equip some other armor (like the basic leather armor) that appearance will show up, but when I try to put on the Raven Armor, the appearance will remain as the last armor I was wearing.

(Also, ya I agree, the silver sword quest feels kinda silly if you have an import file, I think I'm just gonna have my imported sword unequipped just to role play it).
Ehh, that's a weird one. Perhaps try turning off the Blue Stripes Outfit DLC? (You may permanently lose the item for that playthrough... I don't know though.) Launcher > Options > DLC Manager.

steelbom said:
I'm not sure this one is a bug... else you'd lose your neat imported sword. The other sword is there so you lose it, but yes it does render that quest pointless. (But I don't want to lose my Moon Blade!)

No, not a bug, just a bummer. ^^ And any imported silver sword gets absolete pretty quickly anyway. I'd prefer the "naked" feel that losing my only silver sword would bring. :)

Idea: When the player imports a silver sword (Moon Sword or Aerondight) it should be his only one. Thus he loses it against the *flying spoiler* :)D). Later in the game he is getting it back (since he encounters this *spoiler* again several times) with even better stats (yeah, a bit plot devicery here, but maybe it can fall in the hands of a dwarven blacksmith for obvious reasons, thus he reforges it).

For player who do not import a silver sword with a TW1 savegame the sword is lost for good. That way we get several benefits:

1. No anticlimatic feeling by actually retaining a silver sword into act 1
2. Another benefit and bonus for players who import their savegame from TW1

steelbom said:

I actually tried to weave my own story so to say. I left Aerondight with Triss, imagining a fictional conversation between the two lovers. :D

The game tricked me though: At the beginning of every new part of the prologue the game re-equips every imported item. BUMMER! -.-

In the end I left it on the ground of the last part of the prologue...so the quest in act 1 made sense this time. Well, I guess I...lost Aerondight somehow. Shit happens...:D

GODzilla said:
No, not a bug, just a bummer. ^^ And any imported silver sword gets absolete pretty quickly anyway. I'd prefer the "naked" feel that losing my only silver sword would bring. :)

Idea: When the player imports a silver sword (Moon Sword or Aerondight) it should be his only one. Thus he loses it against the *flying spoiler* :)D). Later in the game he is getting it back (since he encounters this *spoiler* again several times) with even better stats (yeah, a bit plot devicery here, but maybe it can fall in the hands of a dwarven blacksmith for obvious reasons, thus he reforges it).

For player who do not import a silver sword with a TW1 savegame the sword is lost for good. That way we get several benefits:

1. No anticlimatic feeling by actually retaining a silver sword into act 1
2. Another benefit and bonus for players who import their savegame from TW1
Mmm, perhaps but the weapons are pretty useless, there's not much point to them after the first two or three hours of the game. Bringing it back stronger could work, but still then you've got other obselete imported items. It's easier for you to just drop your imported item :p

I find it doesn't bother me :p

steelbom said:
Ehh, that's a weird one. Perhaps try turning off the Blue Stripes Outfit DLC? (You may permanently lose the item for that playthrough... I don't know though.) Launcher > Options > DLC Manager.
:( I tried disabling the Blue Stripes Outfit, but no luck. There is definitely a problem with Raven Armor in the enhanced edition. It acts as if there is no model for the Armor so what is seen is whatever was worn before equipping it (ie No clothes if nothing was equipped). But the problem isn't a missing model, since I even tried a mod which includes an altered version of the Raven armor... something deeper going on :(

steelbom said:
Mmm, perhaps but the weapons are pretty useless, there's not much point to them after the first two or three hours of the game. Bringing it back stronger could work, but still then you've got other obselete imported items. It's easier for you to just drop your imported item :p

Yes, as I said, I did that. But I had to do it several times during the prologue because the game adds it to your inventory again during the course of the siege.

It's all part of the same problem. Hopefully CDPR finds a way for the game to memorize

- your choice of armor
- the things you dropped
- the additional items you equipped

so that it wont change again and again. I understand that due to the choices Geralt can make during the "interogation" this would be a bit more complex...but I think hardly impossible. Please! :)

steelbom said:
:( I tried disabling the Blue Stripes Outfit, but no luck. There is definitely a problem with Raven Armor in the enhanced edition. It acts as if there is no model for the Armor so what is seen is whatever was worn before equipping it (ie No clothes if nothing was equipped). But the problem isn't a missing model, since I even tried a mod which includes an altered version of the Raven armor... something deeper going on :(

Raven armor works for me. Did you try a reinstall? Maybe there's really something missing in the files.

Maybe try other savegames to see if it depends on the kind of Raven armor in the TW1 savegame (after all TW1 has three different versions of it). I know that in TW2 the armor is always the same, but who knows, might still be the trigger...

A couple of quickie answers here:
- The armour and sword resets are "by design". It may be annoying, but it's apparently supposed to be that way. The only good side-effect is that if you put a poor-quality rune or enhancement on your armour/sword because you don't know better, it also disappears.
- If you're having problems with the appearance of Raven or any other item in the game, the most likely causes are either an incompatible mod or an installation error. If you have mods from before EE, uninstall and use vanilla for now (and yes, that includes my own mods, I haven't checked them yet).

dragonbird said:
A couple of quickie answers here:
- The armour and sword resets are "by design". It may be annoying, but it's apparently supposed to be that way. The only good side-effect is that if you put a poor-quality rune or enhancement on your armour/sword because you don't know better, it also disappears.

Well...let's just say I hope that the developers have a better reason for this design, because yours is too weak. *g* :D

I understand that this is not an oversight, that it was meant to be that way, but I guess not based on a specific decision. I guess they just saw it happening and working this way, no harm done, let's leave it be.

But I and many others wish it would be different. And that's just it: A wish. ^^ No hard feelings if it will never come true (but I can't promise not to to sent the Grinch over next christmas to ruin yours). :p

I can't argue with that, as I have to switch armour and one sword for every scene and yes, it does get annoying at times (I hate hooded armour). But we'll just need to live with it, I think. It's been like that for every version, with no sign of a change.

GODzilla said:
Yes, as I said, I did that. But I had to do it several times during the prologue because the game adds it to your inventory again during the course of the siege.

It's all part of the same problem. Hopefully CDPR finds a way for the game to memorize

- your choice of armor
- the things you dropped
- the additional items you equipped

so that it wont change again and again. I understand that due to the choices Geralt can make during the "interogation" this would be a bit more complex...but I think hardly impossible. Please! :)
Oh really... it gives dropped items back? Ha lol I didn't know. Yep, that'd be good if they could do that.

WHAT?

By design? Why? What possible reason can there be for constantly switching what Geralt wears ?

So I will have to move those DLC files again somewhere else to get rid of this problem, even after disabling those DLCs in launcher? Jesus F. Christ...

I love CDP, but this is really an amateur hour we are dealing with here.

paulcz said:
WHAT?

By design? Why? What possible reason can there be for constantly switching what Geralt wears ?

As I'm trying to explain...there is no reason. The game adds DLC items and stuff imported from sequel when you first enter the playable game, when Geralt starts to recount past events. You can choose when this will be. You can choose the very beginning, in the tent, or when the assault on the wall starts, or when they split up in front of the gate protecting the monastery.

For these three occasions the game needs to be able to add the said items. And it does.

Unfortunately it does so for every single part of the prologue, regardless whether you played the other two or not.

So I guess it's more a "safety device", to make sure the player gets these items no matter when or where he starts to play.

Just to highlight - this is ONLY in the prologue, so it happens three? four? times in total. (I think we'd all be screaming if it kept on happening in the main game).

dragonbird said:
- If you're having problems with the appearance of Raven or any other item in the game, the most likely causes are either an incompatible mod or an installation error. If you have mods from before EE, uninstall and use vanilla for now (and yes, that includes my own mods, I haven't checked them yet).

THANK YOU!

This put me on the right track. I thought i had already disabled all mods by deleting all dazip files from 2011, but it looks like there were some other files I'd of note CookedPC\items I removed that folder entirely and now it works (although I'm a bit sad that I have to play fully vanilla since I cant use the "Mutagenology" mod anymore that lets you combine lesser mutagens.)

Incidentally I have the mod that makes it so that only the CDprojekt logo appears at the start which is in CookedPC\Globals but there is also a folder called CookedPC\Globals\gui does everyone else have this folder or is this part of a mod... should I remove it?

Top Bottom