Request for a rear view perspective during 1st person driving

+
Greetings,

Would like to request the following.

When driving in 3rd person, you can switch to a rear view perspective pressing a key, or R3 on a PS controller. But when you press that same key or R3 when driving in 1st person, you get nothing, resulting in a colossal dead-angle on both sides. That has always been so. At first glance I thought that maybe that was because of the spawning & respawning of cars outside you line of sight, but just looking over the shoulder, that same car you just past, is still there.

In order to add to the immersion, would like to request for a rear view perspective during 1st person driving as well. Would preferably have a rear view perspective from the trunk's handle, or if that's too difficult, the same rear view perspective as that of 3rd person.

Hope you guys'll consider it.

P.S.: Could also always offer a rear view perspective via the hollow picture.

Upvote 0
I do miss that back view too, both solutions seems sufficient to me and better than nothing
Also the camera in vehicle 1st person is returning to center automatically. Would be nice to have some menu option to turn that off or delay it at least. Havent found it if it exist.

Upvote 0
I do miss that back view too, both solutions seems sufficient to me and better than nothing
Also the camera in vehicle 1st person is returning to center automatically. Would be nice to have some menu option to turn that off or delay it at least. Havent found it if it exist.
Still need to monitor exactly when it happens, but sometimes I get the 1st person camera to not center automatically. Find it sometimes helpful, but sometimes not. That is when it does not center, it also does not go back to its default pitch. In that case I find myself having to manually instantly center the camera myself.

The only good thing when the camera doesn't center is that, prior taking a turn, you can look into the turn, and as you make it, you can keep looking into the street you're turning into, like in real life. But that takes practice and is something you have to get use to, but it starts centering again without a clue, just as it stops.

Upvote 0
What might be really cool is a way of hitting a button to "glance behind" in first-person, which slows time down, but only lasts for about 3 seconds or so (just to avoid using it as an exploit). It would also avoid frigging up the player's driving, since it's really awkward to move a camera around in first-person while also trying to keep a vehicle under control.

Upvote 0
I hope for a button to center the camera only when I want. Camera centering is cool, except when you really want to look on sides, it's so annoying :D

Top Bottom