[Request] HairWorks HairWorksTessellation option + Hairworks on monsters only option, please

+
[Request] HairWorks HairWorksTessellation option + Hairworks on monsters only option, please

Adding a HairWorksTessellation level (default 64) in the \bin\config\base\rendering.ini next to the HairWorksAA one is a must, as Nvidia users can not force the tessellation down from the drivers, a thing which AMD users can, allowing them to use HairWorks without having a so devastating impact over their FPS.

Also, offering an additional level for HairWorks menu option (beside the existing Geralt only and All) for monsters only would also be another must.

Thank you!
dan

Last edited:
+1! Definitely! It would be awesome to have the option to enable hairworks only for monsters and horses. The impact on FPS is just too big when you get near geralts hair. fighting a pack of wolves: constant 60fps, geralts hair: 30 fps

Thanks!

Yes on both. I would love to have hairworks on monsters only option and ability to change hairworks quality.

I would also love a monsters only option, I can do without super geralt hair every second, it's weird they have a geralt only option.

Hairworks only on monsters absolutely needs to happen. Frankly, Geralt's Hairworks hair looks terrible and has a massive performance impact, especially during cutscenes. On the other hand, watching that griffin head bounce on my saddle looking like it has rigid wires sticking out of it is just weird.

I love hairworks in this game, but interior fights are hell on earth (because camera keeps getting close to head) - now I have this game on out-of-the-game frame-limited 30fps (so it runs higher than that), yet it falls to 19fps because of camera too close issue - I mean, I gain 50% of performance just by moving camera away from Geralts head - I would love to limit tesselation factor as AMD guys can, say limit geralt to 16 and monsters to 8... (yeah, separation of these would be wonderful, but I can live without that).

And yeah - I wouldn't use it, but I don't get why there isn't monsters only option.

+1 Requesting Hairworks only on monsters option. It would be great to not lose frames constantly since Geralt is always on the screen.

As soon as the camera gets real close to Geralts head "if you're close to something like a wall and you pan around", the fps tanks. Runs fine otherwise on everything "animals and monsters" else not right up in my camera. So yeah, an option for everything else and not Geralt would be great.

I would also like an option for monster-only hairworks. I prefer how the hair on Geralt looks with it off, but critters look pretty cool with it on.

...I'd also view this as an insanely low-priority feature, but yeah.

Everyone realizes there is a mod for this already, right? It doesn't work nicely with Maxwell GPUs, unfortunately (and I realize that's a lot of players), but it's right here...Nexus Mod...for anyone who wants to give it a try.

Top Bottom