[Request] load solution into scriptstudio.exe using command-line

+
Can I turn this into a request to load a solution into ScriptStudio using /solution, --L=<str> ???

Make it single-instance, with a /reloadscripts option (after first connect, after loading a solution), which also rescans the mod (local) folder, with a check to see if witcher3 isn't already reloading them?

What about forcing a reconnect if the exec is run with /game again? When a script build fails, ScriptStudio disables the 'connect to game' button; or just disable this annoyance (disconnect 'feature')...

Also, I cannot get ScriptStudio to save window position. It saved once, half-way off the screen (maybe the default position), and loads there every time now after restoring from max. It doesn't even appear to be saving the window position, from what I can tell, no RegWrite, only the files in \AppData\Roaming, which don't contain window position or any methods to load a solution.

I even examined the strings exposed by the executable, there appear to be no options to set either parameter.

The default Compile option also does not save for the same solution over multiple sessions, must select it each time. Actually, it's not even saving the option within the same session now, must click ok on every script reload. edit: resets option if witcher 3 is closed.

Even stranger... Witcher 3 has stopped reporting compilation errors when ScriptStudio is not running... only ScriptStudio will report the errors when it is connected.
Code:
/scriptpath, --S=<str>        Open solution that points to specified directory
/openfile, --o=<str>          Open and select file

- does not actually open .redsln (solution) files, but opens a directory as the 'solution'...
- does not open solution files, only script files that are part of the solution...

only way to do it by script is ALT+F {down}{down}{enter} send clipboard or 'path\file.name' to input dialog {enter}???

can't even SendKeys %F (ALT-F) combinations, because for some reason ScriptStudio ignores it, but not ^F (CTRL-F)...

they can be sent separately as % (ALT) then F, probably due to the lackout of a timeout/sleep of 50ms, breaks ALT.

This works to restore a minimized window, for some odd reason... please don't break it...
Code:
Set WS=CreateObject("Wscript.Shell") : If Not WS.AppActivate("Witcher Script Studio") Then : Wscript.Sleep 50 : WS.SendKeys("%{DOWN}{ENTER}") : End If
Although, should check if the process is running first, or that will fire if app is not activated/not running.

Here's a minor bug: When loading the same solution file as the one that is already loaded, the tree is correctly expanded, but all opened files are opened a second time. was hoping to get this to rescan the folders, but i only need to rescan mod (local) folder really, not the original source files each time.

frankly it would be enough if you could add 2 hotkeys (preferably F# keys) for: rescan local (or auto-rescan local on reloads/rebuilds) and hotkey for connect to game... and no auto-disconnect on build fail if witcher doesnt load... and a command-line option to load a solution file... and remember compile option if witcher running on rebuilds... and window position... and fix the dual-files bug... oh and fix witcher 3 getting stuck on the screen (unless windowed) when alt-tabbing out to windows using breakpoints?

Now I remember why I stopped editing in this thing... it doesn't save bookmarks across sessions. :\

Hmm, they're still saved in ScriptStudioOptions.ini, but not showing up after reloading the solution, like it's not loading them?

Nope, it cleared the files out after closing, never loaded them though, all options wiped. Kinda useless.

I don't understand why bookmarks/breakpoints are not stored in the project file either...

Can I get the ScriptStudio source code so I can fix this? Thanks, lulz.

Beginning to think only solution is run Studio on another PC, use Notepad++ for editing, and detail all the bugs, work around them manually.

Last edited:
Top Bottom