Request : PC footage

+
Request : PC footage

I really do not want to start another downgrade discussion neither I do want that someone else does it.

I know I have no right to request it but can we expect maxed PC footage before of its' release?

I know I have no right to request it but can we expect maxed PC footage before of its' release?
The latest IGN stream was on Ultra, though when they looked at the settings they apparently still had a number of effects like HairWorks turned off. Most likely you'll need a massive rig to be run the game with everything imaginable set up, and CDPR doesn't want to give an impression of false advertising this close to the launch.

The IGN stream this evening was played on PC with ultra settings, don't know if it was recorded and put on their site though (I found their stream quality better that youtube's).^^

The problem with the IGN stream is the bitrate. It's very clearly not going to show the full detail of the game on ultra. What CD Project should have done this week was release an ultra everything turned on max video of the game. It would have killed any negativity about the game, and given the CONSUMERS a realistic view of what they will be PAYING for.

just force AA in control panel, also ign did not play it at ultra, not all settings where at ultra.

So because they had SSAO versus HBAO, Chromatic Abberation Off and no Hair Works they weren't playing on Ultra.

The game looks as it does. I personally won't play with Chromatic Aberration, Depth of Field or Motion Blur because to me the effects look like piss.

Last edited:
just force AA in control panel, also ign did not play it at ultra, not all settings where at ultra.

im just wondering what kind of AA this ON/OFF setting uses, i bet its FXAA...
witcher two had even downlsampling (or uebersampiing how they called it), this is really lazy..

too bad i will have to play around in the profile

So because they had SSAO versus HBAO, Chromatic Abberation Off and no Hair Works they weren't playing on Ultra.

The game looks as it does. I personally won't play with Chromatic Aberration, Depth of Field or Motion Blur because to me the effects look like piss.

They had : Nvidia HairWorks Off, Anti-aliasing OFF, Sharpening Off, Ambient Occlusion on SSAO, Chromatic Aberration (thank god) on Off, Light Shafts Off.. and there are many settings hidden in .ini files.. HBAO+ can really help in this case, mainly with the grass and foliage..

They had : Nvidia HairWorks Off, Anti-aliasing OFF, Sharpening Off, Ambient Occlusion on SSAO, Chromatic Aberration (thank god) on Off, Light Shafts Off.. and there are many settings hidden in .ini files.. HBAO+ can really help in this case, mainly with the grass and foliage..

Light shafts were actually on, the web cam just blocks it and makes it look like it's off.

I never understood this argument where we have to choose between story and graphics.
Because a good story needs systems in place that require time and money to develop and system resources to run them. So it competes with graphics for those. CDPR doesn't have unlimited time and money and our systems don't have unlimited power. So, it's not a matter of choosing one or another but a balancing act for all the resources. I believe Witcher 3 achieves this balance.

Last edited:
I never understood this argument where we have to choose between story and graphics. IMO sure the story line should be amazing in itself but if we can also have good graphics, why not? doubles the excitement for me at least.

I get that you know i bought a new pc myself and am a little sad to see an apparent reduction in what was shown, especially the population that is something i hope can be tuned for the PC at least. But im still no less excited by the game because i trust in CDPR's ability to write a game and a good story is what i personally like the most in games, the reviews seem to all agree the writing is the best in the series. Least it isnt something like watch dogs, where the graphics were the only thing that had going for it ^_^

Because a good story needs systems in place that require time and money to develop and system resources to run them. So it competes with graphics for those. CDPR doesn't have unlimited time and money and our systems don't have unlimited power. So, it's not a matter of choosing one or another but a balancing act for all the resources. I believe Witcher 3 achieves this balance.

I get that you know i bought a new pc myself and am a little sad to see an apparent reduction in what was shown, especially the population that is something i hope can be tuned for the PC at least. But im still no less excited by the game because i trust in CDPR's ability to write a game and a good story is what i personally like the most in games, the reviews seem to all agree the writing is the best in the series. Least it isnt something like watch dogs, where the graphics were the only thing that had going for it ^_^

Thanks for the answers : ). I agree from what we've seen so far - based on videos and reviews, this game seems to have a good balance of both. I myself can't wait to dive into this rich world!

QFFT.

Whilst this does not worry me in the slightest, please be truthful and accurate.

just one AA option ? i thought the ultra would run 8xmsaa so that when turned off better performance on lower cards will be achieved

Top Bottom