[Request] Please make pick up/loot radius larger

+
Pretty much the title, looting is so tedious currently. You have to aim your cursor so perfectly to pick up most items. I'm using a controller on PC (Steam version of the game), and it's such a hassle looting. Please make the pick up radius for loot much larger, or maybe an accessibility setting to help out with this. It would make it feel so much less clunky while looking.

Yeah, really hoping they beef up the radius for looting.
That and lower the radius for talking to NPC's. Found myself having to jiggle around for way longer than I should to make the pickup option for objects appear when they are beside an NPC.

Yea, I also agree. I found a poster or vinyl pocket with Johnny on it, that have the item icon over it, near the nomad starting location and I can't seems to be able to pick it up no matter the angles.

Ok seriously guys, wtf is going on with picking up items in game. Why do I have to use my crosshairs and be as close as possible for the game to recognize that I want to pick something up.

tiny item, good luck.. try squatting and spending time aiming with janky crosshair control to select it.

I really don't get how this is an issue, Witcher 3 did not have this problem, what happened to that code? can we transplant it into cyberpunk?

My thoughts are, If' I'm looking at the item the cone of select this thing, should be waaay bigger than the cross hair.
Also, how about the game just recognize that I'm close so I can pick it up without me having to be so meticulous.
It's like they chose that specific interaction at random and set it to absurdly hyper realistic.

Just sayin.. there's code out there already for picking shit up off the ground that's done fantastic in other games. - You don't have to re-invent the wheel... It's not like you are manufacturing a completely new thing here. and if you are, you need to make sure it's better than what it's replacing, which in this case, it isn't.

Pretty much the title, looting is so tedious currently. You have to aim your cursor so perfectly to pick up most items. I'm using a controller on PC (Steam version of the game), and it's such a hassle looting. Please make the pick up radius for loot much larger, or maybe an accessibility setting to help out with this. It would make it feel so much less clunky while looking.

Cool, - My post was merged with yours. I use the same setup and agree with you completely.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, there are a lot of items that I can't pick up. Some items merged with other items, or partially underground or in the wall, and they're unlootable. It's annoying.

I killed a guy and couldn't pick up his gun. I even tried moving him away from the gun, I think that particular gun may have been glitched somehow. all the rest picked up but forced me to take attention away from the environment and focus only on the thing I wanted to pick up.

It's like - there's a gun fight, but you stop all that, just so you can hyper focus on something the size of a pen on the ground.

To the Developers_ I'll try to draw what needs to happen here.

unnamed.jpg

Not only the size of the radius needs to be increased, - you need a perpendicular radius from V that intersects with that, so that if I step on the item I can press a button to pick it up and not have to physically look down. consider it like a squat while keeping my eyes on the horizon. hell that would be a cool animation, add that.

Last edited:
People who play with controllers will be under a lot of stress in every way.
Aim doesn't just affect guns, it affects quick hacks and item pickups.
On top of that, this narrow route radius is out of the ordinary.
The tighter the route radius, the more precise your aim maneuvers will have to be.
It's a negative cycle.

I like how Borderlands Ammo, health and cash automatically go into your inventory as you walk by them. Maybe they should consider that approach.

I am not sure if this is the issue that I encountered but even at the very first mission location as a Nomad I came across two items that I could not loot no matter what (three if you count the deck of playing cards below):

I looked at those from every conceivable angle and distance but did not get a prompt to pick them up despite the loot symbol. Spamming F from a variety of places did not work either. Is there anyone here who DID manage to loot these or is this bugged for literally everybody?

@Vronos - I can't pick up the items you specified either. I also can't loot random junk and food items, some of the Johnny vinyl, some shards. This is literally in the starting areas. I can't play the game further to see what else I can't loot... (oh and I've tried everything, in vain: fidgeting with the aim, different angles, even different graphics settings like v-sync off / 144 Hz, RTX on/off for good measure) Here's hoping we don't have to wait months for them to fix this...

Hey Keythur, feel to continue playing anyway. I know it looks bad, especially given that this is right in the beginning of the game but I played some twenty hours since then and it rarely happened in Night City proper (and only to junk items as far as I can tell). Also, 1.05 is going live on PC soon so that’s another reason to just press on.

Of course, you can keep waiting anyway but in my opinion the extent of this bug outside the Nomad starting area is not substantive enough to warrant not continuing to play the game.

On PC (GOG, Win10x64, Intel-Build, Game v1.04) picking up items is tedious yes. Exact or nearly exact placement needed, and 'height' of player standing/crouched factors, as well as nothing in the way.

Actually, the most difficult thing in the game for me to pick up as an item, are the Albums with Keanu on the cover. I have found loads of them, and >90% of the time cannot pick it up, no matter what angle/position. This specifically is the hardest item in the game to pick up, in my experience.

This occurs even for iconic pickups in otherwise inaccessible areas. In the heist mission I could pick up a sword but mit the datapad right next to it. Even though they are both Highlighted with yellow exclamation points. And you just can't get back to this area in normal gameplay
It's absolutely ridiculous. Abd youtube shows them just sitting in the air if glitching back into the area. Dumbest bug in the game.

On PC (GOG, Win10x64, Intel-Build, Game v1.06) This is the very first and frustrating issue I had with this game. There is a piece of paper very close to V's apartment door that stays there as a reminder that this is still broken. For many items on the floor, I have to crouch and dance around the object, looking for the right angle to pick it up. This specially affects the items carried by robots and drones, most of the time I can't pick them up.

For example, if you want a certain item off a desk but it's beside some other items in close proximity you are more often forced to pick up many things you don't want just to get the item you do. I'm not talking about using mousewheel to scroll to the item you want, I mean the item is not even able to be interacted with until the ones around it are picked up. Ammunition is another example.

I agree, also, some items are impossible to grab because they get buried by its own corpse, or the corpse lands on a staircase and item gets lodges half way in, impossible to grab.

Top Bottom