[Request] Please make pick up/loot radius larger

+
Yeah, I agree. Probably this way to account for controllers?
Wouldn't surprise me if that influenced most things in this game, seeing as consoles affect so many games and developers now, taking away from the PC experience. But I don't understand how that could affect picking up items in-game.

Worse is if an item is near an NPC and all you get for the action key is ' Talk '. I don't want to talk, I want to loot.

Wouldn't surprise me if that influenced most things in this game, seeing as consoles affect so many games and developers now, taking away from the PC experience. But I don't understand how that could affect picking up items in-game.
I'd say on the contrary. Why last gen runs like total ass. They didn't nerf this game one bit. Cut content to rush it out, sure, but technically this game was pushed to the limit lol.

Worse is if an item is near an NPC and all you get for the action key is ' Talk '. I don't want to talk, I want to loot.
Totally yes, so much this! I've accidentally skipped dialog because the crouch key was mapped to the same as skip dialog.

Last edited:
when did you guys talk with an npc while trying to loot ? I only had to deposit and item and there was a guy begging for money and that is the only time when it was hard for me to do something because of an npc

when did you guys talk with an npc while trying to loot ? I only had to deposit and item and there was a guy begging for money and that is the only time when it was hard for me to do something because of an npc

Consumables sitting on a table or whatever next to an NPC is often the case.

Civilians crouching and cowering over the dead bodies is another way.

We need a 'hold the button and pick everything up' mechanic.

Didn't realize someone made a thread already, maybe the mods can merge mine with this one

It is not a loot radius problem but a placement problem. Some items are just under the Z axis and though you can see it, you can not touch it. Some items are lucky enough to be that but with a destructible deco which you can break and loot it. Or it's under a car you can move. Using a shotgun often throws a target into an item or just under the map. Worst is under a bush ><

Bushes are EVIL. You can see through them, you can shoot through them, you can move through them. But can't loot through them and they act as if behind cover and allow leaning.

Normal loot radius is just further then arm length away.

The loot radius is not the problem really.

The problem is the precise aiming needed to loot.

I played some co-op borderlands with my daughter lately went back to first one.

Even borderlands has loot/weapons fall through the ground BUT you can still pick it up, since you do not need precise aiming to pick shit up.

Just go stand on it and you get pickup prompt and money and ammo is auto pickup makes things much easier.

I get this issue when I down drones. Especially the larger ones. The robot guards also. But when bodies form a pile, you have to hope no epic item is under them because it's almost always a lost cause.

Or when an item is near a mirror.
You try to pick up an item and the next thing you know you're staring at yourself. :D

Top Bottom