Request to add keyboard/mouse support to console

+
Want to play cyber ninja, but it is just hard to use the controller to do that, and want to play cyber shooter too.
My laptop is just too old, but 2077 looks good on xsx with 4k resolution.
Are you sure it is not already there?
Post automatically merged:

After some quick google it seems I was wrong...weird that it is not in the game....it is on pc so the UI should be easy to copy:)

Last edited:
Can we please for the mother of god have keyboard and mouse support for the xbox series X?! this game looks stunning and needs the scope of mouse and keyboard support. How this is not already possible absolutely baffles mes as other games offer support very well.

THE GAME HAS ALL THE POTENTIAL TO BE AWESOME BUT WE NEED KEYBOARD AND MOUSE SUPPORT ON XBOX SERIES X PLEASE, nobody wants to be NEO running through a future tech mega city with dpad as a means to aim! Its complete madness...its like having a samurai sword ready to go but you cant get it out of its sheath! Please help for this to be sorted out as i really want to engage with this game.

Hello, i just bought the game, i was expecting mouse and keyboard support on this game, specially that this is a FPS game.

Why not having both M&K and gamepad?

Playing on series x

I recall reading that keyboard/mouse support would not happen on console, but due to some nerve issues in my hands, I have more difficulty using the console controller over keyboard/mouse on my PC when playing games like Cyberpunk . I am hoping CDPR might consider adding support for keyboard/mouse support to console games.

I would also like keyboard / mouse support on consoles PS5/XSX. Playing any FPS with a controller provides a lower quality and less engaging game play experience. This is the very reason why aim assist for controllers exists, without it, aiming on a controller is like a pissing competition for a lot of people. I don't understand why when a specific game is available on all platforms, the industry standard is for the console version to be crippled to only supporting a controller, especially on current gen consoles when the OS supports keyboard and mouse.

Adding keyboard / mouse support;

- Improves user experience
- Opens up audience making the game more accessible and inclusive - those with disabilities
- More people will buy the game on console (consoles version = more money = more profit)
- As a game developer increases reputation, shows you care about the gamer
- Removes bias towards PC version (which related to sales, is impacting console uptake)

Committed to quality? Prove it and make the console version more on par with PC and add keyboard / mouse support please.

i turned down the chance to play Competitive Gears of War and i have to say aiming on controller was never an issue for me, even wallbouncing. i find it fascinating that people struggle to get a perfect aim with controller

Hope they add support soon

I would enjoy the game more with mouse and keyboard its 2022 its time to give players the option what devices they want to use, FPS without mouse and keyboard is not fun for some of us

I would also like to add to this forum in agreeance of MnK support for the console versions of this game. I'm not going to add any more reasons regarding quality of life, as the people above and below me have eloquently stated enough. What I'd like to add is my own opinion and analysis as to the developer that reads this thread and asks themselves, "Well why don't these people just buy a PC?"

Because we don't have to, as what we have already are budget, pre-made PCs. It is my opinion that the place of consoles in the future of gaming is that it will be the "entertainment system" it is known for second, and an extremely cost efficient PC first. I couldn't see this in the last generation as it was an aging, dying, decrepit platform that couldn't hold a candle to PC gaming - but things have changed since. I can run games, at least those that have optimized for it, at a dynamic 4K resolution at 120 FPS. From a $500 machine - that is excellence. When you see all the apps that the Xbox can run, Game Pass, the whole "I can plug it into a big TV and lean back on my couch and play" reasons that console gamers have used in the past to try and gain an edge over PCs as secondary to it's true purpose as an alternative PC, you begin to understand them not as anemic, but luxurious and versatile features that come in a $500 package. There is a reason why the Xbox Series platform has 100% support of KnM. There is a reason why even a regurgitated, minimum effort maximum profit game franchise like Call of Duty has 100% MnK support in their games. Microsoft, the owners of the Xbox platform, have been buying up all these game studios as of late? I wonder what direction they'll nudge them in... My only question is this - Will CDPR recognize and capitalize on this trend and extend the life cycle of their game, or let their players down once again?

And if that's not reason enough, I all else I can really say is that if you guys implement MnK, I can see myself and others coming back and investing more hours due to a fresh feeling the new input devices provide. Whereas if not, I don't see myself coming back at all.

Want to play cyber ninja, but it is just hard to use the controller to do that, and want to play cyber shooter too.
My laptop is just too old, but 2077 looks good on xsx with 4k resolution.
I completely agree. Most games already support M&K on a console, so it's honestly shocking CBP77 doesn't remotely have support. Not to mention like 75% of development was done on computers...

THEY ADDED MNK SUPPORT… sort of. I hope some of y’all decided to watch this thread so you see this reply because I can now use mnk - but not fully. Key bindings are already set and the menu has full support of the mouse pointer, but frustratingly I can’t use the mouse to look around while on foot actually playing the game. Even clicking the mouse buttons will aim and fire, I just can’t turn and aim. Essentially, everything works except that goddamn mouse and only barely. However another concerning thing is the lack of a menu tab for KnM bindings and settings. I hope to god this is not some freak glitch and they’re actually working on this to be permanent because they’re already 99% done.

The devs did not do too well with aiming with controllers. Micro movements are a bit jumpy and inconsistent in this game especially when ADS.

I agree, the game should have K&M support for consoles. I would also like to see PS4/5 get Gyro Aim support. When implemented semi-well, it completely alleviates the issues with aiming since it closely mimicks that of a mouse. But we also get to keep the joystick functionality for driving.

Honestly, this game could desparately use those supports on consoles. Would improve console players' experiences tenfold.

In case you dont know what gyro aim is, here is an example:

The devs did not do too well with aiming with controllers. Micro movements are a bit jumpy and inconsistent in this game especially when ADS.

I agree, the game should have K&M support for consoles. I would also like to see PS4/5 get Gyro Aim support. When implemented semi-well, it completely alleviates the issues with aiming since it closely mimicks that of a mouse. But we also get to keep the joystick functionality for driving.

Honestly, this game could desparately use those supports on consoles. Would improve console players' experiences tenfold.

That looks interesting...does it work only with ps controllers?

That looks interesting...does it work only with ps controllers?
Right now, the only controller i think that does NOT have Gyro tech is Xbox controllers believe it or not. Even the Steam controllers have it. Theres actually a large community of Xbox players disappointed by this because Gyro Aiming is starting to become popularized and its night and day better compared to traditional stick aiming once you get use to it (which of course takes time to adapt to).

But yes, Sony has implemented the tech since PS3 days. Its just now beginning to get used in the last few years due to Nintendo Switch making a bunch of shooters that use it well. In Sony, theres like 16 games that currently have it. Days Gone is a game that has it and it made the game way more fun in my opinion.

EDIT: Horizon Forbidden West is apparently also suppose to have. Im hoping they implemented at least somewhat well. Some games do eff it up lol.

Yeah interesting, but clearly not for me. I always play with my hands raised on knees, cushion,... (only my fingers move).
It seems lazy, but I can't see myself shaking the handles for several hours in a row :)

Yeah interesting, but clearly not for me. I always play with my hands raised on knees, cushion,... (only my fingers move).
It seems lazy, but I can't see myself shaking the handles for several hours in a row :)
At first, it seems maybe a bit daunting. But if a game implements gyro aim well with proper sensitivity settings and you personally get use to it, the "range of motion" of how much you are rotating your controller feels equivalent to using a mouse in most cases in my opinion. Sometimes in panic situations, i may have to crank the controller a bit more aggressively. But i like to have faster sensitivity settings meaning i dont have to move the controller that much to move my aim. Equate it to higher dpi settings on a mouse.

At first, it seems maybe a bit daunting. But if a game implements gyro aim well with proper sensitivity settings and you personally get use to it, the "range of motion" of how much you are rotating your controller feels equivalent to using a mouse in most cases in my opinion. Sometimes in panic situations, i may have to crank the controller a bit more aggressively. But i like to have faster sensitivity settings meaning i dont have to move the controller that much to move my aim. Equate it to higher dpi settings on a mouse.
In fact, it's to not have the hands "laid down" (don't know how say that^^) which would bother me a little. Decades of controler playing let traces and bad habits...
But good feature for those who want ;)

Top Bottom