Request to the Dev team. (Your PC is CyberPunk Ready tool)

+
Can we get a tool to test performance of the system playing CyberPunk 2077 ?
I highly doubt that they have the time for that, might just be easier for them to release some system specs, hopefully before launch so I don't get stuck on release date with a computer that's not powerful enough, forcing me to wait longer while I go shopping, meanwhile I'm dying of anxiety the whole time since I know I could be playing the game. It's a cool idea though.

There's likely a reason why not many developers release something like that these days. Must be difficult enough to optimize a game for all sorts of computers and keep it up to date all the time. Having to do so for a performance tool as well... not sure how well that can work with a complex and huge game like Cyberpunk.

If you are uncertain about the performance, it's usually best to buy it from GOG or Steam and if it doesn't work, you can refund it - the refund policy of each store is usually pretty fair. No idea how exactly Epic Games handles it, but probably in a similar way.

I don't understand why so many people want to know spec right now, when game is like 3 months away. Devs will optimize it for another 2 months. That time can make drastic changes to required spec. Why bother release spec now, if you have to update it in two months. One month to buy new PC is pretty long time, if you ask me.

The game is supposed to run on PS4, so if you can run recent games, you'll most likely be able to run it.
This thread is about the PC version of the game as the OP said in the thread title.
Post automatically merged:

One month to buy new PC is pretty long time, if you ask me.

I think the majority of people that have bills (rent, food, car, CC's, etc.) would disagree. Now if the specs were already available that might be a different story. I agree they can change significantly before release but a ballpark idea (NOT a comparison to other games that MIGHT be similar) would be very useful in pre-planning.

Last edited:
This thread is about the PC version of the game as the OP said in the thread title.

PC and PS4/PS5 architecture isn’t dissimilar enough, not to be able to make some comparisons. Starting the current generation, Consoles are just a bunch of AMD components slapped together in a way to optimise performance, price and efficiency for that particular combination.

There is a PC equivalent to the PS4 GPU. If the PS4 can run it, then a slightly more powerful PC equivalent can do it too.

It would be daft for CDPR to optimise the game for the PS4, and then not to use that work done to serve as a minimum setting for PC in some shape or form.

I think the majority of people that have bills (rent, food, car, CC's, etc.) would disagree.

If two months savings makes so much difference to be able to buy high end PC or even upgrade, then I don't think it's financially reasonable to do it.

Well, it's not like you have to play it on release date.

I think the majority of people that have bills (rent, food, car, CC's, etc.) would disagree. Now if the specs were already available that might be a different story. I agree they can change significantly before release but a ballpark idea (NOT a comparison to other games that MIGHT be similar) would be very useful in pre-planning.
Normal people: I might need to upgrade in a couple of months... let me set some money aside.
You: I've no idea what exact specification I might need... so until then, let me blow all the money away.

Right, so keep saving until you do have the specs since even if you are only saving a 100 or so a month towards a new PC, best to buy later than sooner.

Plus with new hardware litterally being announced with in the week and probably more before the end of the month (next month) they would want to test on that if it is out before the new game is.

I’ll second that.

I currently have a GTX970. It’s HIGH time I should upgrade, but even I’m waiting to see what the next gen AMD RDNA2, or Nvidia 3000 series cards will do before I take the plunge.

The ugly rumours are that these things are going to be expensive as hell and that Nvidia will purposefully keep the price of their last-gen cards high, but who knows?

Enough impatient chumps out there buying a 1400 dollar (gasp) RTX 3090, that the second hand market might flourish for a little while.

Well Nvidia's 3000 series card spec's are out and the RTX 3080 is looking pretty good at $699. I have seen some post say the AMD Big Navi is to come in somewhere around the RTX 3070 performance level... But price wise not many are even guessing.

I will wait until the release of the Big Navi and compare that to the RTX 3080.... THEN STILL WAIT EVEN LONGER, until CDPR decides to release Spec and requirements for CP 2077.

I will wait until the release of the Big Navi and compare that to the RTX 3080.... THEN STILL WAIT EVEN LONGER, until CDPR decides to release Spec and requirements for CP 2077.

Looking at it the same way. I don't like to buy stuff right as it comes out as a general rule. Instead preferring to wait until the kinks get worked out. And, I'm not a big fan when marketing says "X % improvement" either (omits context). I'd rather see what AMD has up their sleeves too. Not to mention the high potential for paper launches in the hardware world nowadays. Basically, a whole lot of "wait and see" is still present.

Enough impatient chumps out there buying a 1400 dollar (gasp) RTX 3090, that the second hand market might flourish for a little while.

As I understand it the 3090 is supposed to be a Titan level card. Thus, a Titan level price. Titans are arguably not your typical "consumer" cards. People just get caught up in the naming conventions. Since it's not called a "Titan" any longer they get confused.

I’d love to have a tool like that available before release, for curiosity sake. Regardless, I bet it’s going to be similar to any of this year’s heavyweights (like Metro: Exodus and Red Dead Redemption 2) in terms of requirements and initial performance.

My current card is a GTX 670 so, no matter the type of small issues the RTX 30 might have, a RTX 3080 (what I’m planning on getting) is going to be a total win for me, and probably the ideal card for ray tracing (@1080p60fps with DLSS enabled) for this game after a couple of patches. Processorwise, I’m willing to guess the game might have decent-enough scalability, sorta like Death Stranding. Storagewise, it’ll be very likely over 60 GB I bet (not counting DLCs and expansions). And memorywise, I doubt it’ll really need more than 16 GB.

All speculation from my part, mind you.

Don' think a tool is necessary and besides, there are no system requirements yet. Would need to wait for those anyway.

I think we should get the system requirements pretty soon.

It should run on a 3080 in 4k with ~60 FPS (raytracing on) what I have heard.

What do you guys think...will it run on a 2080Ti with raytracing and DLSS on a ultra wide monitor (3440x1440) ?

It should run on a 3080 in 4k with ~60 FPS (raytracing on) what I have heard.

I don’t know, it sounds too optimistic in my opinion :think: I do think these new cards are going to be a notable upgrade over the previous ones but I wouldn’t go so far as to believe a game like Cyberpunk 2077 is going to run that smoothly under that configuration, no matter what Nvidia might claim. That being said,...

What do you guys think...will it run on a 2080Ti with raytracing and DLSS on a ultra wide monitor (3440x1440) ?

...I think that, after a few patches, it could be possible for the game to run well enough (30-60fps) with a 2080 Ti and those settings. If you disable ray tracing, those numbers could improve dramatically of course (90fps+).

If I’m mistaken for the better, though, I won’t complain :ok: I really wish ray for tracing to end up notably optimized after a couple of patches. At launch would be ideal, obviously, but I highly doubt the game’s initial performance is going to be that impressive, even with ray tracing off.

Last edited:
I don’t know, it sounds too optimistic in my opinion :think: I do think these new cards are going to be a notable upgrade over the previous ones but I wouldn’t go so far as to believe a game like Cyberpunk 2077 is going to run that smoothly under that configuration, no matter what Nvidia might claim. That being said,...

...I think that, after a few patches, it could be possible for the game to run well enough (30-60fps) with a 2080 Ti and those settings. If you disable ray tracing, those numbers could improve dramatically of course (90fps+).

If I’m mistaken for the better, though, I won’t complain :ok: I really wish ray for tracing to end up notably optimized after a couple of patches. At launch would be ideal, obviously, but I highly doubt the game’s initial performance is going to be that impressive, even with ray tracing off.
What about 1440p with all settings maxed out and RT on?

What about 1440p with all settings maxed out and RT on?

You have to wait for the Ampere tests and hardware requirements for CP2077 to have some better approximation. But if you are asking for the "gut feeling" then IMO RTX 3070 will be able to handle CP2077 1440p with RTX on on highest details without any issues - the game version the journos were playing was running fine on RTX2080Ti, and it was an unoptimized version.

Top Bottom