Resilience Shupe

+
I just played agains someone who used Shupe with Resilience. It is The Most Broken Sh*t i have seen in this game since Homecoming. You should really do something about that, at least move resilience to Shupe hunter. It is 16 point play that requires no prep and no synergy! If you loose coin flip, you have to kill it or it's game over, for majority of decks.

Resilience is one of the worst option, very situational. If you commit shupe, this is to win the round, not to sacrifice 4 pt for an hypothetical carryover.

Nothing broken here, you just went into an unusual situation

DRK3

Forum veteran
I agree with OP, the Shupe that should have Resilience is Hunter (4pts), not the Knight (8 pts).

Since locks dont counter resilience anymore and there's almost no way to do 8 damage in 1 turn, you either happen to have a big unit destroyer like Geralt or Leo or you're screwed.

I agree with OP, the Shupe that should have Resilience is Hunter (4pts), not the Knight (8 pts).

4 pt resilience ? We are speakin about shupe here, right ? The 13 prov whose deck is built around to win, and not some cheap 7 prov dwarf ?

Come on...

DRK3

Forum veteran
4 pt resilience ? We are speakin about shupe here, right ? The 13 prov whose deck is built around to win, and not some cheap 7 prov dwarf ?

Come on...

The difference is Shupe comes with 15 options, not 1 or 2. And you can use resilience Shupe when you predict the opponent wont have a counter, while on the other hand he doesnt expect a resilience unit. When your facing a dwarves or Fila deck, the resilience guys are predictable, thus you can prepare for them better.

I just played agains someone who used Shupe with Resilience. It is The Most Broken Sh*t i have seen in this game since Homecoming. You should really do something about that, at least move resilience to Shupe hunter. It is 16 point play that requires no prep and no synergy! If you loose coin flip, you have to kill it or it's game over, for majority of decks.

Except it does. Shupe requires you have no duplicates in your deck. Besides, 8 power unit is a risky move, and you don't always get that option when you play Shupe.

I've never ever played with a deck without duplicates (outside of Arena). I'd have a hard time putting together a good deck like that.

Except it does. Shupe requires you have no duplicates in your deck. Besides, 8 power unit is a risky move, and you don't always get that option when you play Shupe. I've never ever played with a deck without duplicates (outside of Arena). I'd have a hard time putting together a good deck like that.

That "no duplicates" condition was no big deal even during beta. Now when you can have only 2 duplicates, it's even less impactfull

I can see your point, but 8p carry over is just way too much. I think something like: "Boost by 4 and gain Resilience" would solve the problem, it would make Shupe 12p play like most of his other options.

That "no duplicates" condition was no big deal even during beta. Now when you can have only 2 duplicates, it's even less impactfull.

Nah, I mean as a deck. You do sacrifice something if you have Shupe in your deck. And I don't see resillience as any better or worse choice than the others.

What I meant to say is that the card is not as bad as it is made out to be. It's risky since it is 8 power, and if you count on winning the round and/or going a card down to gain resillience and keep him in the next round, any Leo or Geralt is a huge loss to that strategy.

Besides, you are not guaranteed to get the resillience option anyway.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Another solution was to have the 4pt shupe gain resilience and boost by 4.

How would this be any different? Well, boosts dont carry over rounds, so 8 pts would be hard to damage to 0 and actually destroy it that round, but at next round he would be 4pt (or less if further damaged) and wouldnt allow such a headstart that enables pushing for 2-0/ bleeding.

Another solution was to have the 4pt shupe gain resilience and boost by 4.

How would this be any different? Well, boosts dont carry over rounds, so 8 pts would be hard to damage to 0 and actually destroy it that round, but at next round he would be 4pt (or less if further damaged) and wouldnt allow such a headstart that enables pushing for 2-0/ bleeding.

This makes less of a target for Leo and Geralt though, and slightly decreases the risk of playing the 8 point Shupe. The opponent would need to have Leo or Geralt on hand to get the best possible outcome. Drawing Leo or Geralt next round would then not necessarily have a target.

What I meant to say is that the card is not as bad as it is made out to be. It's risky since it is 8 power, and if you count on winning the round and/or going a card down to gain resillience and keep him in the next round, any Leo or Geralt is a huge loss to that strategy.

You are right. Most of the time, for 13 provision card, Shupe isn't that amazing, but in certain situations he can instantly win you the game in round 1 on his own. When he survives the round, some decks just can't beat 8 points in 1 card + leader with no prep. On top of that, this situation is random - based on create, draws and match up.
If it was at least 2 card combo, i wouldn't mind, but this is a single card we're talking about.

This makes less of a target for Leo and Geralt though, and slightly decreases the risk of playing the 8 point Shupe. The opponent would need to have Leo or Geralt on hand to get the best possible outcome. Drawing Leo or Geralt next round would then not necessarily have a target.
You don't need Gerald to deal with 4 points.

Guest 4339135

Most broken thing you have seen in Homecoming? Where have you been while Sihil and the Spears were alive?

This applies to many cards, though, when they hit peak effectiveness.
Yes, but Shupe is the one and only card that can do this without help from other cards or leader. Every other card needs at least some preparation.
Post automatically merged:

Most broken thing you have seen in Homecoming? Where have you been while Sihil and the Spears were alive?
Playing Thronebreaker :D I haven't played multiplayer when this was a thing :D

Top Bottom