Resistance vs Immunity

+
In CP2077 you've got a resistance stat, which I understand are a % damage reduction versus damage-over-time FX: Bleed, Burn, Shock & Poison.

But - it's trivially easy to become blanket-immune to all four of those. I currently have this, immune to Burn & Bleed via cyberware (Integumentary) and Shock & Poison via the Panacea clothing mod. Is there any other reason to have resistances or should I just ignore resistances now that I have blanket immunity?

Was this poorly-thought out from a game-design perspective? I think it's the first time I have ever seen an RPG which has damage-type resistances but ALSO allows total immunity to those damage types so easily. Who'd worry about resistances at all except super low-level characters or those who are intentionally treating Body as their dump stat?

In CP2077 you've got a resistance stat, which I understand are a % damage reduction versus damage-over-time FX: Bleed, Burn, Shock & Poison.

But - it's trivially easy to become blanket-immune to all four of those. I currently have this, immune to Burn & Bleed via cyberware (Integumentary) and Shock & Poison via the Panacea clothing mod. Is there any other reason to have resistances or should I just ignore resistances now that I have blanket immunity?

Was this poorly-thought out from a game-design perspective? I think it's the first time I have ever seen an RPG which has damage-type resistances but ALSO allows total immunity to those damage types so easily. Who'd worry about resistances at all except super low-level characters or those who are intentionally treating Body as their dump stat?
i think its a leftover or more another questionable design decision - have u noticed that enemy netrunner just use burn? and burn only? - they mostprobably were meant to us different quickhacks in general. imagen netrunner who poison, nail and blind you at the same time - than most of the cyberware and mods would become pretty useful. but since the only thing we really need to handle is burn in mid and endgame most of them became obsolete for now. : /

Last edited:
Yep if you have all resistance, you're good for facing netrunner (burn) and all the weapon/grenades effects ;)
But in some case, with no skill in Stealth for example, you can't be immune to poison with a perk point. Therefore clothes mod are usefull in this case. Same with skin cyberwares if you have not the BODY requiered.

have u noticed that enemy nutrunner just use burn
Actually I forgot that enemy netrunners exist. I'm sure I have run into plenty of them but I've decapitated them a long time before they even think about hacking me. I only remember them from the early game/low levels. Now I've learned how to combine Sandevistan & Threat Detector correctly, it means that "if they see me, I see them". It means I can really dash around and clear the battlefield before any enemies get a single shot off. The hardest part is planning my route through the bad guys to get to them all in the 18s.

Still, I didn't know that they only ever use one attack. That's a shame.
Post automatically merged:

Hehehe, Cyberpunk combat has turned into a "Travelling Salesman" problem ;) Except, the only thing I'm selling is a mantis blade to the face :LOL:

Last edited:
Top Bottom