Resizable bar making graphics look badly worse?

+
OK, in the grand scheme of things, this is a beyond first world problem, but out of curiosity I wonder if anyone who is lucky enough to be able to use it has noticed that resizable bar (the new system for streaming data to the latest graphics cards) actually makes the graphics in the game look worse? Really, noticeably worse.

I just updated my BIOS and GPU to activate it and I'm seeing:

- very smooth road surfaces,

- shadows popping in and out as I walk around (e.g. as I walked along next to a railing, the shadow under whichever section of the railing was three sections in front of me at the time would disappear),

- odd texture pop in, with some surfaces going from noticeably featureless to a better texture resolution at extremely close distance,

- lighting popping in and out from time to time as I move my head (I'm not talking about lights popping in as you get closer to objects, here, but the existing lighting state where you're standing changing depending simply on your gaze),

- and a general deterioration in texture details. Everything suddenly looks a bit flat / oddly smooth, and the lighting nowhere near as multidimensional.

Relevant tech specs: RTX 3070, AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, Nvidia driver 466.47 (the latest available as of today).

In-game settings: everything at max or psycho, whichever is the highest, raytracing on. No DLSS. 1920 x 1200.

I've included some pics I grabbed with my phone to try to show what I'm talking about but, obviously, it's a little difficult to show precisely what I mean when lighting and weather vary from minute to minute in the game anyway and can't be preserved between saves. And, more than that, the difference in any one place is subtle; it only really becomes striking when you're moving around, playing the game.

Resizable bar OFF:

BAR OFF 1.jpg

Resizable bar ON (in this area the colour of the light changes so that's not a glitch in itself):

BAR ON 2.jpg

Resizable bar OFF:

BAR OFF 2.jpg

Resizable bar ON:

BAR ON 1.jpg

Has anyone else made the switch to resizable bar and noticed issues? Maybe I'm dreaming, maybe I've gone insane, maybe it's a problem with the latest driver, but I've turned it off in the BIOS for now.

PS sorry for the pics being absolutely massive I didn't realise the forum doesn't resize them!

Last edited:
Top Bottom