RESOLVED: -999899 Sniper Rifle Ammo

+
EDIT - RESOLVED: I decided to craft some different ammo types and then try to craft sniper rifle ammo again. That seemed to have resolved my problem.

Weird. But it was first potentially game breaking bug I've experienced, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

I ran out of ammo for my sniper riffle. So I tried to craft some. Once I craft the ammo and go back to my inventory, my sniper rifle(s) show -999899 for ammo, and in game, my HUD shows 4/000 for available ammo. It doesn't matter how much ammo I craft - same result.

See screenshots attached.

I've tried going back to older saves (after I ran out of ammo) and tried crafting the ammo again. Same result. Seems not matter what I do the bug persists. I'd rather not go all the way back to a save BEFORE I ran out of ammo to clear the bug, but I might have to?

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, have any work-arounds been discovered?

Thanks

Attachments

• CB2077-1.png
    CB2077-1.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 87
  • CB2077-2.png
    CB2077-2.png
    3 MB · Views: 93
I create a new V after 1.05hotfix and now V has level 3
at first the sniper rifle ammo on grand is +xx , once I pick it , it become -9998999 and can't vanish
also ammo in inventory become -9998999
craft ammo will not change the number of sniper rifle ammo in inventory
cannot reload ammo
steam check files succeed
after restart game problem still occur
move forward and restart 2or3 times problem disappear???

1.PNG

I just ran into this issue on my current playthrough. 1st Playthrough didn't mess with sniper stuff except for a few times. also did not mess with crafting much on that playthrough. was Corpo-hacker.

This time around, I'm 4ish hours into a Street Kid run. Crafting way more. Crafted the first sniper rifle I could so I could snipe more this time around. Ran into this bug just today when trying to take out my first NCPD scanner (blue bat) when trying to loot, it wouldn't let me loot these -99999 bullet packs. Then I notice my inventory is -9999, and I cant shoot anything with that rifle.

I haven't really researched it much, this is the first thing I found about it, so figured I would pop my hand up and say "me too choom." I don't have a lot of saves built up, but I will see if I can craft my way out of this issue.

I saw this twice in the first mission to get the flathead, I kept grabbing them but when I moved away and came back it was showing only 1 was available.

Not saying you have used a Trainer at some point, but if you have, this issue will pop up. IF you use the infinite ammo, add $5K money. The game will initially recognize that new total. The issue comes afterward where the game actually calculates and records the real amount of ammo and lets say you had 100 bullets and cheated for 1000 and used 902, you are actually at -2 and it subtracts ammo the more you try to craft, instead of adding new ammo. Reminds me of the original Final Fantasy 7 item exploiting to actually do near infinite damage even though it says 9999. IF you did it wrong or got the infinity glitch you actually deal negative damage. I know, that wasnt relevant completely but its due to an algorithm.

Top Bottom