Resource exchange - options and ratios

+
I believe I'm not the first - but I've unlocked all the reward trees (well, I need 5 more points for the last node in the new Elven princess tree). This made me thinking - why isn't there any resources conversion system? I've been stockpiling other resources for a while now, but they can still be spent on stuff, and RPs are simply becoming useless numbers with no new trees (and they don't appear often).
Let's leave MP aside, it's a premium and purely cosmetical resource, even sold for real money, so it would be hard to balance its conversion. But scraps, ore and RP are all given generously when you just play the game, but maybe not in the proportion some people want them. Some may like opening kegs the most (like me), some prefer precise card crafting. First ones will definitely want more ore in favor of scraps, second ones would like it reversed. So maybe there should be an option to exchange resources? For example, 1000 scraps for 100 ore and 100 ore for 200 scraps? As for RPs, I think that people who have opened all the trees usually have complete card collection (or are close to having it). But when this previously most valuable resource becomes useless, maybe a possibility to get a premium keg for like 10 RPs would be nice? Or RP/ore conversion - 5(or 10)/100.

I wholeheartedly agree that an option like that would help a lot. But, sadly, it seems unlikely that it will be introduced anytime soon (or ever...) I am in a similar situation - I have already unlocked all the regular trees, now I focus on the seasonal ones.

Ore is kind of OK since you're able to transform it into powder at a bad rate with Kegs, which kind of leaves Reward Points and Scraps as the for veterans "useless" Currencies.

I guess the easiest option for Reward Points would be to add a endlessly repeatable Powder Node in the Reward Book, as for Scraps the easiest option would be to regularly (every few months) offer those Fat Premium Kegs for 4000 Scraps which would also give us the option to transform them into powder at a bad rate.

As for powder they should probably offer a alternative payment option for returning cosmetics (probably not the new ones) with a increased Powder price for example a Skin/Board for around 5-10 € with a alternative payment option for maybe 10k-25k powder, in that case powder would very quickly become valuable again.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
I may be going slightly off-topic here (any mod, feel free to move post if needed)

But when this expansion hit, and everyone was debating the new system, without kegs until the 3rd and last part of the expansion is released, i meant to say something and probably forgot:

With this move, i think the devs are hurting themselves more than they're hurting the players. How? By cutting a good chunk of their MTX profits. They never disclose sales numbers, but i think its fair to assume on any expansion day and following days, they sell more kegs and powder than in entire months without expansions.

By leaving the kegs only for last, all the players will already have some/all of the cards from PoP pt1 and 2, and will be less inclined to spend large amounts of money for something they already own a part of. Also, the option that immediately gives all the new cards is absolutely great for players but its another choice that will definitely hurt their keg and powder sales.

I guess the easiest option for Reward Points would be to add a endlessly repeatable Powder Node in the Reward Book,
I really like this idea. Maybe even three repeatable nodes, one for each resource, so players can make the most of their extra RPs?

as for Scraps the easiest option would be to regularly (every few months) offer those Fat Premium Kegs for 4000 Scraps which would also give us the option to transform them into powder at a bad rate.
I miss those kegs SO MUCH.

Top Bottom