Resurgence in interest, should update older Witcher titles.

+
Judging by what’s being talked about on the gaming websites, I’m not the only one that’s been drawn into the Witcher universe by the new Netflix series. It would be great in my opinion if CDPR would reinvest some of this revenue into updating the appearance and functionality of the original game. They could even just take the work done by modders and put it all together in a patch to refresh the game a little. Cleaner textures, unique sword appearances, sheafs for swords, better blood, a few bug fixes, etc. I don’t think there would be all that much work to make the game a little more attractive and thus more attractive a purchase.

Anyone in agreement or think its likely that CDPR would ever return to give a final touch up to their original great work?

Unlikely to happen as CDPR is probably busting their collective behinds getting CP2077 ready, after which would be the inevitable squishing of bugs and development of patches. And perhaps additional content (DLCs maybe).
By the time CP2077 is stable and require less resources I'm guessing the hype over The Witcher would have died down.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition: is in the Steam store. Not sure how much of an update that is since I didnt get it before there was an enhanced edition. But it looks as tho they already have updated it.

As I understand it the enhanced edition still has a small number of unresolved bugs(with mods available to resolve them) and shows it age tremendously. It seems to me a small investment in smoothing out the rougher edges on this game together with its visuals could very well be rewarded in an increase in sales. After all there will be many people keen to play through the trilogy to get all the story aspects out of it. CDPR should take some time now or after Cyberpunk launches to look over the mods and see what they feel can be improved upon or addressed with an official patch or dlc.
Post automatically merged:

And I think if the Netflix series can improve upon the first season then there will definitely be a second or even multiple waves of interest for CDPR to take advantage of and ride to the shore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom