Returning player having massive technical issues

+
Hi, I am a returning play (my last played patch was 1.03) I had over 124 hours on cyberpunk and decided to make another playthrough, (I've not TOUCHED anything in my pc) nor changed the settings on cp2077.

However today as I launched the game, I noticed it loads way slower than before. When I load my old save it also took way longer to load into the game (I used to load finish before the load screen narrator finish speaking 3 lines of dialog and now it still doesn't load finish long after it ended)

When I load into the game, most NPC have blurred faces, the audio is also delayed, sometimes when I swing my katana, there's no animation, I ran around and entire cities are empty. I used to have NONE OF THESE ISSUES BACK THEN and now suddenly my entire game is in a mess, and yes I've done clean uninstall/install. Please help!! Anyone else having this issue?

Attachments

• bugged picture 1.png
    bugged picture 1.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 130
  • bugged picture 2.png
    bugged picture 2.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 118
hmm, as a 5400 RPM HDD owner, i relate to some of your issues, characters load as polygons most of the time and take a while to get rendered, and sometimes the sound only starts 20 seconds after loading in, which is fine by me, the game requires serious streaming power and i simply lack that, doesn't make the game any worse imo

it's better if you just a start a new game, like everyone said, new patches can screw with your save files., especially really old ones. also it seems that the issue is that your hard drive isn't loading the assets fast enough, which is weird since you didn't have these issues before, keep us updated and good luck

hmm, as a 5400 RPM HDD owner, i relate to some of your issues, characters load as polygons most of the time and take a while to get rendered, and sometimes the sound only starts 20 seconds after loading in, which is fine by me, the game requires serious streaming power and i simply lack that, doesn't make the game any worse imo

it's better if you just a start a new game, like everyone said, new patches can screw with your save files., especially really old ones. also it seems that the issue is that your hard drive isn't loading the assets fast enough, which is weird since you didn't have these issues before, keep us updated and good luck
After starting a new game yesterday, played it for a few hours and was fine. Today I came back and played my new save, and it was stuck again in the load screen, the back ground music is delayed/paused at times, and the loading bar isn't moving at all after 1/4. I feel like they seriously broke something in the game.

I've not encounter any of these issues from 1.00 to 1.03.

Update, so I decided AGAIN to delete all my saves from users folder. And decided to play again suddenly it says that I need to install an update, WHEN I ALREADY INSTALLED PATCH 1.23.

What is going on with patch 1.23?????

Attachments

• bugged part 3.png
    bugged part 3.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Have any stats for cpu/gpu usage and so on when it happends? Sounds like it either cant stream assets or load assets properly... Or if your on a non SSD hd enabled slow hd setting?

Have any stats for cpu/gpu usage and so on when it happends? Sounds like it either cant stream assets or load assets properly... Or if your on a non SSD hd enabled slow hd setting?
I'm using SSD, and cpu usage is from 60 to 80% and 100% at times

Last edited:
If this is your main windows you've surely changed something during the months. Different steam overlay settings. New extra disk drive?

E.g. i have the game on NVMe SSD, but it still freezes for half a second when doing autosaves, because windows being windows takes time to "refresh" status of all my hdds, including slow mechanical ones, before writing the save to my fast NVMe.

And the early versions definately stored more files than install could remove. I completely removed my original 1.03 or so install to wait for some patches, but when i installed 1.05 my old saves and settings magically re-appeared in game. Maybe it's cloud saves, nvidia settings optimization something?

So yeah.. before you blame the game try looking a round. There is so much more that can change on computer. Also try installing 1.03, see if it still runs the same as it used to.

If this is your main windows you've surely changed something during the months. Different steam overlay settings. New extra disk drive?

E.g. i have the game on NVMe SSD, but it still freezes for half a second when doing autosaves, because windows being windows takes time to "refresh" status of all my hdds, including slow mechanical ones, before writing the save to my fast NVMe.

And the early versions definately stored more files than install could remove. I completely removed my original 1.03 or so install to wait for some patches, but when i installed 1.05 my old saves and settings magically re-appeared in game. Maybe it's cloud saves, nvidia settings optimization something?

So yeah.. before you blame the game try looking a round. There is so much more that can change on computer. Also try installing 1.03, see if it still runs the same as it used to.
So far the only changes I've made to this PC is updating the nvida drive.

After starting a new game yesterday, played it for a few hours and was fine. Today I came back and played my new save, and it was stuck again in the load screen, the back ground music is delayed/paused at times, and the loading bar isn't moving at all after 1/4. I feel like they seriously broke something in the game.

I've not encounter any of these issues from 1.00 to 1.03.

Update, so I decided AGAIN to delete all my saves from users folder. And decided to play again suddenly it says that I need to install an update, WHEN I ALREADY INSTALLED PATCH 1.23.

What is going on anymore? I'm trying my very best not to shit on this game like 80% of people on reddit/youtube but its getting really hard, I just want to replay this game, what is going on with patch 1.23?????
that's a steam issue, prob an issue wilth files integrity, i think your best option is to delete everything and start fresh, something about faulty save files, i've never seen this before. also Steam registers your save files in the cloud regardless, you want to delete that too

oh really? that could explain why i keep getting blue screens of death now and then, says the issue is with the drivers ( Video TDR Failure )
Not personally tested, but I have read some posts where to go back to the previous version is a "good" thing to do :)
> Here
> Here

I'm using SSD, and cpu usage is from 60 to 80% and 100% at times
Thats pretty high tbh, i never see my go over 50% but can depend on how menny cores/threads you have i guess. But it does seem like a streaming issue. Either too the gpu or the way it loads assets. weird it worked for a couple of hours on the new save and then started messing up. Is it an old SSD? I can get short glitches in gfx for example when i played for awhile but they generaly dissapear if i exit the game and restart. Never seen the laggy sound or blocky textures like that.

Good news guys I've gotten the game to work for the past 2 days. However I got another problem, whenever I try to a load a save it doesn't let me load, the save loading screen is black/audio is delayed. At the times when it gets loaded into the game, everything is like in slide show, and freezes.

The only way to fix this is to verify the files, but it takes 1 to 2 hours everytime, and everytime when I boot up my PC and play cp2077 and I had do with in order to play with my loaded saves, are there any work arounds?

And after verifying the game files, you have to download some files ?
That's sound more like a launcher (installer) problem more than the game problem iteself :(
You have already try to delete all the game (keep only your saves), delete the launcher and reinstall both "clean" ?
(and before load your "old" save, to try on a "fresh" playthrough, like start one lifepath, save during "The rescue" and try if the problem is always here)

Have you tried deleting any sort of cache dealing with the game?

You said you got the game working but are still having issues and verifying game files fixes it. The curious part is you must verify game files each and every time on a fresh boot. Intuitlvely one would expect that process would check the files, see if any are borked and redownload them if so. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't some caching involved there so the game doesn't have to redownload everything it's checking. Getting to the point, the thought is maybe some of those hold-over cache files are borked and the verification process isn't catching it.

Getting to the recommendation.... I'd try wiping anything cached dealing with that process for the game. As an example, on Steam under settings you'll have a download tab. Under that you'll have a clear download cache option. GoG probably has something similar somewhere. I'd try doing so and then run the verify files option. You'll probably have to relog into steam after doing so. See if that fixes your issue.

As an added step, search around to figure out what all the game itself may be storing in a similar fashion and, if so, where. Wipe those out too. Just make sure you're not deleting anything important for the game to function.

Perhaps it's a bit of a shot in the dark but you don't have a lot to lose :).

The launcher 'builds' the user-settings, and can mess up things, specially if it's an old save. You might want to delete the UserSettings.json and let the updated launcher rebuild that file from scratch. There are several new settings they've added. The file is located:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 folder.

Top Bottom