Returning to TW 1 after 4 years and needing some help

+
...and to a savegame from that time.

questions:
1) I play with the FCR - Full Combat Rebalance Mod. How can I disable it? Has been the 4 years ago when I installed it, lol.

2) I am at the trade quarter salamandra hideout. I can't beat / damage the ifrit summoned. Spectre oil *should* help, but I got none and not all ingredients currently. Any tips?
Also related to 1) : Difficulty is higher in FCR?

3) Any way to change the difficulty on a savegame?
Post automatically merged:

4) Can I have multiple mods installed/enabled/active at the same time?

Last edited:
1) If nothing major has changed your "C" drive then there should be an entry in your Control panel> Programs and Features to be able to remove it or you might be able to reinstall it using only the features you want. And yes FCR makes the game more difficult.

2) Other than reloading an earlier save you might be able to use the save game editor to add spectre oil to your inventory. Sometimes it can be a pain to get it working though.
As an afterthought I have a working save game editor so if you want to upload your save somewhere and post a link to it then I can add spectre oil to your inventory.

3) No. But there used to be a mod that allowed the difficulty change by buying a potion from a vendor. Best I remember they were very expensive.

4) Yes

Thanks for the reply!

is there any way to solve the lot of mquicksave files in TW1?
Were Ifrits also impossible to hit in vanilla witcher without the oii?

Will I get any issues with uninstalling a mod with an ongoing savegame?
Also, I am looking for the mods Making Geralt's Life Easier and Many Items, but all sites required registration that were still online. Can Anyone upload? :)

Last edited:
The only way I know with saves is to delete the oldest saves by date and or time because they do add up quickly taking up a lot of space.

Shouldn`t be any issues with uninstalling any mod.
Ifrits are rather hard to hit because they dodge . Just be sure to use the correct fighting stance which should be fast for single ifrits. Attached Geralt`s life easier. You might find a few mods on www.moddb.com then type the witcher at the top of the page.

Attachments

• Stuff_v1.1.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 116
"Ifrits are rather hard to hit because they dodge . Just be sure to use the correct fighting stance which should be fast for single ifrits. "
It is worse in FCR, you cannot damage them at all without the corresponding oil.
I guess I will uninstall it (or at least the difficulty part of it) - I wasn't able to beat a Graveir without top potions or oils - And I am like level 30.
It just became too frustrated for me, TBH.

Thanks for attaching the file. I really like MODDB, but I unfortunately noticed the trend of modders going to other sites, like nexusmods, where they are even paid to my knowledge.

Do you know by any chance how the item for calling the storage is named or looks like?

Thanks dude, you are awesome!

From the readme:
Installation:
Just dump the folder named "Stuff" in your 'Data\override' directory, if you don't have one, create it.
The files 'def_arealoaded.ncs' and 'custom_script.ncs' are responsible for adding the items to your inventory, and
ensuring that they stay there (in case you get stripped of your inventory), so if you don't need them anymore, you
can safely delete them in case there is a compatibility issue, they won't affect how the items work. Other files are
completely safe.

Short help on the override folder? Looks like some mods require this manual steps, and others...use an installer.
Is that DATA\override in the Game's folder or Documents? I recall something about the latter, but only blurry...
Also, where to put .adv files/start adventures?
(Edit: Looks like ADVs go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\The Witcher but I would have to google on how to start them)

What else? I got my fair collection of mods if you want to take a look. Not sure if all of them can still be found online, but don't ask me what any of these do, I have only played a few, and that was almost 5 years ago, lol.
1551833397323.png

1551833412618.png

Last edited:
I`ll try posting some pics to help with the mod location. It is in the game folder. as for the adventure files refer to bottom pic. notice the address bar for location for the unzipped files
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
Capture 2.PNG

Also I do have a storage mod. Thinking about it the more we talk about mods the other mods (pun intended) might have to move this thread

Attachments

• artistic_storage_container_backgrounds.zip
    776.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Top Bottom