Reused VO actors?

+
So this question is bothering me every time I re-watch the trailers.

The girl from nomad path trailer to me sounds exactly like female V, so I wonder if this is the same VO, Cherami Leigh?

Having same VO for two major characters for AAA game sounds stupid, but hey, SWTOR reused Jenifer Hale.

If so, why is that? Do they expect 90%+ of players to play male V and are trying to get more mileage out of Cherami Leigh talent?

i dont think there's anything malicious to it. sometimes it's an availability issue, sometimes it's a hiring issue, sometimes it's a talent issue (which is the point you brought up at the end of your post). im sure Drea did some secondary character lines too.

or tht secondary character could just accidentally sound very similar to Leigh. very possible

I think its likely either due to the lockdowns and social distancing restricting the Vo that can be done quickly and easily or was just kind of a place holder type thing as at time they hadnt finalized who was going to actually voice that character. even if its not that its not uncommon for one actor to voice multiple characters in a game. or even play multiple people in a movie. just look at all the original oompa loompas all of them where one person. or Austin Powers, Dr Evil and Fatbastard all 3 where same actor.

What bothered me was it seemed like they changed Royce's voice a little. Being such a huge fan of the 48 minute trailer I found this disconcerting.

Indeed I noticed they had a similar voice too. Reused voices are common in games though. I remember male Shepard voicing several aliens in Mass effect.

The girl from nomad path trailer to me sounds exactly like female V, so I wonder if this is the same VO, Cherami Leigh?

I disagree about those voices. The “I know, I saw it in your heart the first time we met” line I believe belongs to the nomad girl, not played by Cherami Leigh but by a different actress, and the “know what I always liked about nomads [yadda yadda] grubby claws in everything” does belongs to female V. (Perhaps a dialog option from street kid femV to a nomad about what she likes about them?)

At any rate, even though it’s perfectly possible that they used their main actors for several characters other than V, to my ears those two voices from the Lifepaths trailer are from two distinct actresses.

What bothered me was it seemed like they changed Royce's voice a little. Being such a huge fan of the 48 minute trailer I found this disconcerting.

He didn’t have a synthetic voice filter this time around. I wonder why they seem to have removed it from him and several maelstromers, it sounded very on brand for them.

I think its likely either due to the lockdowns and social distancing restricting the Vo that can be done quickly and easily or was just kind of a place holder type thing as at time they hadnt finalized who was going to actually voice that character. even if its not that its not uncommon for one actor to voice multiple characters in a game. or even play multiple people in a movie. just look at all the original oompa loompas all of them where one person. or Austin Powers, Dr Evil and Fatbastard all 3 where same actor.
When I realized this, I was like "OH MY GOD"
He didn’t have a synthetic voice filter this time around. I wonder why they seem to have removed it from him and several maelstromers, it sounded very on brand for them.
I think I also noticed this. I wonder if they will have a little synthetic voice so that it's still present, just less intense? Probably better than having no voice filter at all, which does seem weird.

Sorry, didn't know what this post was about. I saw "Recycled VO" and thought that it referred to what happens when you drink too much Seagram's.

The voice of Jim Cramer look-like sound familiar to me. I think I heard his voice in another video game but I'm not sure. There are also a lot of other voices i heard that sound familiar but I can't pinpoint who it belongs too.

To pick a notable example, I felt that Skyrim was fine and they do reuse to notable extend. Suspension of disbelief can do a lot.

So I'm thinking, Cyberpunk cant get worse :)

Other than that, I refer to one of the several explanations above on why this can be - or just sound similar.

Honestly I wished YongYea was taken as one of the youtubers to voice a character.
Yong already does voice acting work and they had less appealing people picked into game.
If anyone saw Yongs impression of a character he voiced for Fallout 4 mod you know what I'm talking about. :D

Top Bottom