Reveal Mill

+
Reveal Mill

Is there anything more obnoxious than mill?
Is there anything more infuriating than reveal?
That would be a Reveal Mill deck!

:hai:

I tried to have such a deck work for the longest time, without any fortune. Out of late I shifted my attention towards a more Combo-oriented deck.

It has the usual Mill tools, Avallac'h, Albrich, Decoy and the well-established Reveal Bronzes plus Cynthia.
The goal of the Deck is not strictly to mill your opponent, but to thin the deck enough to get all the pieces of the combo together, which are Regis and Letho.
With so many high buffed units (Nekkers, Alchemygaard, Armor Henselt decks) Letho and Regis can be quite powerful!
The reveal bronzes are there to thin the deck and provide Tempo plays.
The Mill cards are used to force your opponent into awkward mulligans and to help you fish for the combo pieces.

What do you guys/girls think? Have you met something like that on the ladder?
How would you improve such a deck?

Leader: Voorhis

Bronze:
2 alchemist
2 nilfgaardian knight
2 venendal elite
3 spotter
3 daerlan soldier
3 imperial golem

Silver:
Cantarella
Albrich
The Empress
Cynthia
Decoy
Summoning Circle

Gold:
Shilard
Avallac'h
Regis
Letho

The Letho + Regis combo is a too expensive gimmick, requiring two gold cards that doesn't even guarantee value in every match. Also, Fake Ciri The Empress is too unreliable and has no room in a mill reveal deck. Finally, running more than one Venendal elite is usually redundant.

I would go with a different variant:

Shilard
Avallac'h
Vilgefortz (for thinning or on your opponent when he doesn't have any cards left)
Renew

Assire (when you over-thin, you can put valuable cards back in your deck)
Stregobor
Albrich
Sweers (because Dwarf & Nekker meta)
Decoy
Runestone (plenty of good choices)

3 Alba Spearman (drawing plenty of cards)
3 Alchemists
3 Fire Scorpion (a more reliable card than Spotters)
3 Daerlan soldiers
3 Imperial Golem

This deck has plenty of tempo with reveal and Spearmen and because other decks are usually over-thinning you can easily get more card advantage when you draw all your tools.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I agree with 4RM3D, the Letho + Regis combo usually doesnt provide enough value, i have Letho on a deck, but it rarely provides more than 20-25 value, and lets not forget that's not with a single card, it needs a second: Peter or Mardroeme (the ones i use).

And also agree - Fake Ciri is too risky, out of the last 10 times its been used against me, only once it has gone to the other side (i lock her, consume her or even use that bronze dude to remove its spy token - BAM no longer moves to other side).

@4RM3D

Thanks for the feedback. I see your point in adding Sweers, Assire and Stregobor. Those cards are sort of irreplaceable in any Mill list. However the variant you propose is more Mill-oriented than what I had originally in mind!

My main concern with your list are Alba Spearmens. This card clearly states to your opponent: “Watch out, you’re playing against a Mill Deck.” Which means that the opponent will restrain himself from deck-thinning and will not draw cards himself. With my current list the opponent sees a standard reveal deck, until…

… until too late!

Fortunately, I have in my collection all the cards you mentioned, so I can try the list you propose and see how it performs. :)

@DRK3
Its hard to substitute Fake Ciri, ‘cause I have the premium version!
But I guess this is not a good reason to lose points on the ladder…

DRK3;n10238992 said:
I agree with 4RM3D, the Letho + Regis combo usually doesnt provide enough value, i have Letho on a deck, but it rarely provides more than 20-25 value, and lets not forget that's not with a single card, it needs a second: Peter or Mardroeme (the ones i use).

Due to the fact that I’m playing at low ranks, the combo Letho+Regis is performing reasonably well. Maybe I could try to limit myself to Regis in order to drain Vincent / Nekkers / Farseer.
I think Regis as a Tech card is underappreciated! I hope to see some daring player bringing Regis at the Gwent Open.

jessiw999;n10332082 said:
Me too. That combo you said is not work with me too. I will change the tactics in making a new combo

Yes, that combo is not particularly good.

However I just saw a popular streamer (Swim) using it a moment ago and there is a thread discussing Letho/Regis interaction in another part of the forum.
So I guess this combo is a bit more popular on the ladder...

I use Tibor on mine instead of Vilgefortz. Usually Vilgefortz seems like a better option but Tibor will also often work in short rounds, he is a more proactive play. Doesn't depend on your opponent having strong units on the board. I will try Vilgefortz too though :)

I will experiment today on a Reveal Ciri dash deck.A combo i just came up with.Royal decree - Letho:kingslayer - Nilfgaardian gate - The officer that lets you play a machine from deck - Mangonel/Rot tosser.Maybe throw Roach as well in there.Theres a ton of crazy combinations.If you want to mill yourself there is always Saesenthesis:Blaze.

Top Bottom