Revenge in this game is shit [Spoilers]

+
There's an option to get a painting from space.

I'm like, "Shouldn't I take this to someone to hock?"

When I first read about the painting it was described as a bug but I'm pretty sure its not a bug. Like many things you have the option to use them to your advantage or not. Instead of a painting why is it not a hack? Like they could have an animation where you pull out a credit card with a ribbon cable attached. Anyway I've gotten really good at clicking around to do the sell high buy low way of making easy money. I have over a million.. guess I'll go buy all the cars before I'm done.

Also the economics of this game are ridiculous.. I picked up a shotgun somewhere.. in my inventory its worth maybe $1300 but after selling it the price jumps to $300k wtf?

When I first read about the painting it was described as a bug but I'm pretty sure its not a bug. Like many things you have the option to use them to your advantage or not. Instead of a painting why is it not a hack? Like they could have an animation where you pull out a credit card with a ribbon cable attached. Anyway I've gotten really good at clicking around to do the sell high buy low way of making easy money. I have over a million.. guess I'll go buy all the cars before I'm done.

Also the economics of this game are ridiculous.. I picked up a shotgun somewhere.. in my inventory its worth maybe $1300 but after selling it the price jumps to $300k wtf?

That is believable.

Pawn Shop: Do you have a receipt for this?

V: I murdered the guy downstairs for it.

Pawn Shop: 200 bucks.

That is believable.

Pawn Shop: Do you have a receipt for this?

V: I murdered the guy downstairs for it.

Pawn Shop: 200 bucks.

V: I need to buy a gun
Gun guy at open market: Have a look
V: ok I'm gonna buy most of your inventory then rob you blind
Gun guy: Nice doing business with you!

I mean I don't feel bad but I sorta wish the merchants would notice they are getting soaked. Somebody mentioned you kill the ripperdocs and that they killed the two most annoying ones. I may have to do that.

* Oddly, very little revenge on YOU as Oda never shows up again despite you humiliating him. Sparing him means nothing.

Well they do try to kill you. Oda didnt, think he's in denial or depression. The scavs did twice, once in a van, the other one through Stefen's little con. If you killed maestrom and not help the previous leader they will attack you in the club when you are looking for bes isis. Panam did her revenge thing too, So did Kerry,, million dollar boat and all lol. Whole bunch of people paying you to kill others for revenge.

I think the Oda fight might've been the best fight in this game or from their last game. Unless your just randomly running through the woods in W3 and run into a surprise Leshen, every fight is foretold or foreshadowed, you know its coming. But this fight it just caught you so off guard. Cause Takemura keeps talking about Oda like that's his boy he wont do anything, even while your killing the snipers he will talk up Oda. Then bam surprising attack from a guy in a cloaking suit.

That too! Not minimizing your point at all, because it's 100% true, but my original meaning was the challenge and pacing of the fight. It was an honest struggle to beat Oda the first time. That fight forced the player to do more than just take cover and take pot shots until the enemy went down. At least for me, I was forced to dodge and avoid damage while deciding how I was going to crack that particular nut. It was an exciting battle for the actual battle, not just because it wasn't telegraphed.

the game team probably not gonna get this valuable feedback from us all as there's lots of them to read through.

I can't defeat this quest because there was an mission quest that required me to kill the owner of the club. So I head in the club to start a fight with Rhino and get in the ring... After when the fight starts everybody going after my V's ass because they somehow magically discovered I killed the owner of the club. Because of this i now have to restart the whole game. I'm pretty sure sneaking around in the gym to kill off every NPC there is there Rhino will forfeit the ring fight and go into assault mode making it an another option not being able to clear the mission.

So far the only two plot character I kill are Royce and the Arasaka assassin, the former is for the most cost-effective, the latter is for being cool.

I didn't even beat Fingers because he's actually kind in heart (and if beat him he won't sell you anything)
There's few overdosing joytoys in Fingers building. According to his situation I think they're probably the homeless joytoys that he can't save, so he took they in. This can also explain why he sent Evelyn out (because he won't be able to support her, and Evelyn seems to be someone with a certain status and relationship so she may get help by someone, those tramps have nothing)
I think he's similar to Oda, both are them sharp-tongue and controversial but actually kind in heart, one is a hair-lossing tacky old weirdo, another is a gothic badass who dress in black with half-shaving hair, barely visible eyebrows and near white pupil. It illustrates the importance of image:sleep:

I also didn't even fight with Woodman because I complete don't need to fight with him
And it's said that we will fight with him sooner or later

I plan not to kill Smasher because I think he may have plot in the future DLC.

And I'm a stealth netrunner in most of time, it means I don't have to kill most of the time, but I tend to clear the field and "nobody knew he had sneaked in":sleep: Even Gun For Hire gigs was played by me as Blow For Hire. I'm a kidnapper, not a killer:ohstopit:

I plan to use quickhacking to knock down the Voodoo Boys like I usually do (if it could work). About Scavs, I'm a Scavs protector:sleep:And in a sense, Scavs is similar to V

Last edited:
I didn't even beat Fingers because he's actually kind in heart
I could agree, but even if I never beat him, the little phrase he says to you when you leave after telling him that Judy got carried away, is a little cold in the back. Really, I wouldn't be sure I wanted to let him operate on me :D
"you look much more reasonable, and above all... much prettier..."
Or just the way he says with his vicious little gaze
"I'm here for that..."

Is Fingers actually a good guy (for Night City at least)? I could never tell. The first time I was...diplomatic with him (no hitting or shouting if can avoid) and Judy was pretty mad at me for that. So I wondered if I am not missing something. And considering how easy woodman appears to be an 'ok' person....:)
And like LeKll3rFou said, not a person with whom you want to be unconscious:)

And that super sucks because I think Wakako is essential as a quest giver. As a random note for where else this is an issue, there's a Gig to do a Beat on the Brat in and also kill an Animals boss all at the same location. If you try to kill the boss, the Animal Boxer you fight is 100% unkillable and packs a major punch. The only way I could get out of it was doing the one hack that removes her from combat and than GTFO o there.

I defeated Rhino after killing the boss. I just snuck around, and only killed him first (maybe incapacitated the nearest guy and put him in the same room). I used the grab from behind move. Then creeped back to the front the gym to fight with her, lol.

Probably not what people might want, but CDPR seemed to have taken the basics of the Cyberpunk genre very literally. There is no moral high road for anyone and therefore revenge is absolutely meaningless.
We either die without a name or kill to make a name and to accomplish a good life means that we probably had to ruin the life's of hundreds along the way. There is no real winner, only those that have lost less than others.

That's also reflected in the endings: There is no purely good ending as even the most positive endings only amount to "enjoy what little time you have left".

And yes, that can make certain paths very unsatisfying, but to some extent that is the point.

I also think that many will be disappointed to see how bleak the game ends, no matter what as we are conditioned to expect "a hero's journey" or "the rise to fame", while the best we could do is "rise to fame, then die anyway". And it's not very typical for games to not have a purely good ending, which will disappoint some, but some, like me, that are tired of the same old stories that always end on an artificially asspulled high note, will like the game more because of it.

Is Fingers actually a good guy (for Night City at least)? I could never tell. The first time I was...diplomatic with him (no hitting or shouting if can avoid) and Judy was pretty mad at me for that. So I wondered if I am not missing something. And considering how easy woodman appears to be an 'ok' person....:)
And like LeKll3rFou said, not a person with whom you want to be unconscious:)

Fingers apparently has a decent reputation among prostitutes despite being a skeeze. However, when he couldn't fix Evelyn, he sold her to snuff film people.

So....no, it would seem he's a real shitbag.

:)

Wakako eh? Too bad you can't really fight her...
....maybe....she had sons in the tyger gang, right? Don't tell me they were the bosses from Judi's quest....but killing them prevents Judi's romance...ahh decisions!:(

Top Bottom