Revenge in this game is shit [Spoilers]

+
Seriously, revenge is one of the most basic of all cyberpunk and noir motivations.

If not gaming.

Revenge in Cyberpunk 2077? Nope.

THE GOOD.

* You can kill Woodman and the Voodoo Boys for killing Evelyn so this is the one exception.

THE BAD

* Jackie is killed by a random Arasaka drone and not, say, Adam Smasher.

* Dex is killed by Goro.

* Yorinobu tries to kill you once but actually killed Saburo Arasaka, which is like killing Hitler

* You can't kill River's serial killer and even he backs down from doing it if you encourage him to.

* If you do kill Adam Smasher for killing Johnny/Rogue/Saul, you don't get any unique animations. He just sort of falls over.

* Oddly, very little revenge on YOU as Oda never shows up again despite you humiliating him. Sparing him means nothing.

Icinix

Forum veteran
In one ending, there is this great moment where your V brutally starts beating the snot out of someone when you're not in control of him.

..and that is exactly the kind of thing I would love to see come about from a dialogue choice from some of the scum you encounter.

Seriously, revenge is one of the most basic of all cyberpunk and noir motivations.

If not gaming.

THE GOOD.

* You can kill Woodman and the Voodoo Boys for killing Evelyn so this is the one exception.

THE BAD

* Dex is killed by Goro.

* Yorinobu tries to kill you once but actually killed Saburo Arasaka, which is like killing Hitler

* You can't kill River's serial killer and even he backs down from doing it if you encourage him to.

* If you do kill Adam Smasher for killing Johnny/Rogue/Saul, you don't get any unique animations. He just sort of falls over.

* Oddly, very little revenge on YOU as Oda never shows up again despite you humiliating him. Sparing him means nothing.
Not to mention there is no evil ending.

I'm confused why we leave him with just a beating. The guy sold Evelyn to snuff dealing sex slaves.

That is pretty death worthy.
Someone said that they shot him in the head after Judy left, so if you want to kill him you can. No idea if the cops start teleporting in if you do...

Killling Woodman was pretty disappointing experience to be honest. It should have been more dialogue driven event.

He just acts all cocky when a merc is coming to murder him, combat starts, then he’s just dead. No pleading, no fear, no final words, nothing.

I guess “revenge is disappointing” was kind of the thesis anyway, based on Judy’s dialogue afterwards, but it was disappointing in unrealistic way.

If not gaming.

THE GOOD.

THE BAD

* Dex is killed by Goro.

Oda shows up in the Arasaka ending if you spare him and manage to save Takemura

Killling Woodman was pretty disappointing experience to be honest. It should have been more dialogue driven event.

I kind of felt the hookers at Clouds were a bit ungrateful if you read their e-mail to Judy at her apartment. "Everything is just the same! Maiko won't give us a raise or paid sick leave! Yes, the Tyger Claw guards are gone but it's so unfair!"

Yes, I'm so sorry the rape and murder being stopped isn't enough for you.

I mostly let them go. I only massacre VDB and shot Woodman nuts until I emptied my clips. I don't bother with Fingers since he's already miserable. As for Adam Smasher, I turn back and killed him after he start talking "This is not the end! We'll meet again!" when I'm about to leave.

Top Bottom