Review our game – Community reviewers selected

+
Freyar said:
It's a bit surprising that we've got retail-looking boxes to begin with. I remember getting a "Pre-Release" copy of Age of Empires III back when my work was still doing business with Microsoft. We had simple paper sleeves with a white label on the disc reading "Age of Empires III Promotional", "NOT FOR RESALE", and "DO NOT MAKE COPIES OF THIS DISC" (as opposed to "illegal copies").

I expected pretty much a blank case for this, and I'm pleased it will look nice in my (admittedly large) collection.

That, amigo, is the very definition of "progress"..
Not to mention Cd Projekt Red KICKS ASS Sideways at 360 degrees!..
Yeah.. joygasim...happy place..
Girls..boobies.. yummy..

Still want the medallion! BALLS!

Sincerely,
Witcher of the House Scorpion

gregski said:
Hey guys, glad you got your review copies and all, but - in all this excitement - please don't forget to write and post an actual review of the game :)

I won't forget. I agreed to write one, and I intend to. Of course I need more than a day to be able to really work on it, and on top of that I'd hate to write it half-assed in the first place.

Bronsonrock said:
My review copy arrived just a few minutes ago! Of course, I was waiting out by the mailbox when I heard his truck a street over and it arrived just like House of Scorpion Witcher described. USPS First Class Mail from Warner Home Video in Oxnard, California. The two game disks are in the same packaging that will go on the store shelves but it didn't come with the manual, map or the other Enhanced Edition goodies. Good thing I didn't cancel my preorder! I still want those things and I believe they will be worth the price.

I too plan on picking up my pre-order so I'll have a complete copy. More to the point I really want to support CD Projekt Red!

Faintestidea said:
I kept my preorder even after I found out I won. Nothing wrong with having 2 copies of the game plus the money goes to CDPR, so they can can start develpoing TW3 lol

Word to that! :D

gregski said:
Hey guys, glad you got your review copies and all, but - in all this excitement - please don't forget to write and post an actual review of the game :)

If you want to kill time in the meanwhile, go and take a look at my review of The Witcher 2 from last year on PC :p

http://javs.it/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-la-recensione-di-lupon/

Just a sidenote, it's in italian.. I hope google translate won't mess it up :p

lupone said:
Word to that! :D

Abso-f**kin'-lutely with a side of nachos!
Testify!
Keep hope alive!
.....buy their products....buy their products...buy their products...
(subliminal cut messages seem to work according to a study that wasted millions of dollars to prove people can be "persuaded" to buy stuff!)

ALL HAIL FOAMY and fear HIS SQURRIELY WRATH!

Sincerely,
Witcher of the House Scorpion
(would anyone who ordered the dark edition be willing to perhaps.. "barter" their medallion to someone has charmingly annoying as myself?)

Just came home from work looked in the mailbox and there it was waiting for me,thanks again CDPR for giving me this opportunity

mbrown3 said:
How did you find out when it was shipped? Hoping mine arrives today. Can everyone post when you get your review copy, and maybe your location? I live in Columbus, OH area. USPS comes mid-afternoon and UPS comes late afternoon, so here's hoping for delivery today.

Hey! I'm from Ohio too! New Philadelphia to be exact! You prolly don't know where that is but we are 30 miles south of Canton. I haven't gotten my review copy either yet though. I'm hoping it is coming UPS bc the USPS already dropped off my mail.

CheesecakeRecipe said:
Post came, no copy today. :( The hours get longer!

No! Those non-delivering, ass-gobbling, always wearing their shorts WAY too damn high, punk-o-de'-bitches, ass-clowning, postal workers!

Chin up Cheesecake, (I doubt that in any way will illicite inspiration to justify more waiting.. but, well, I tried.. bastards!) when you get the chance, you "get your review on" something fierce!

Squrriely vengence shall be upon you all!

Sincerely,
Witcher of the House of Scorpion

as the title says, i won a review copy and i have yet to get it in the mail even though the enhanced edition releases at midnight tonight. so i was just wondering when were supposed to get them and how they're being delivered?

hmmm well i live in a downstairs suite so i hope that doesn't mess delivery up or anything :/ id be really bummed if i won then didn't receive my copy :(

First off, you didn't "win" anything. The point of a review copy is to, obviously, get a copy you can review. You'll get your copy, you may not just get it before everyone else, though.

It sucks that people gamed the system just to "win" free copies.

Thank you so much for selecting me as one of the reviewers for the 360 version. I started it already and, WOW! You guys did such a wonderful job, so, so thorough; I am very impressed so far, and I can barely tear myself away to write this, but I had to just to sincerely thank you and the whole team at CDProjekt!!!!!!!!!
I will write a review and share it with my friends as soon as I finish.

Thank you !!!!!!!

DP

Well, the review copies are just game discs. There's no soundtrack disc, quest handbook, printed map or manual. You can't call it a free copy.

As for the delivery - I know that some people received it as early as saturday.

cautionarysong said:
First off, you didn't "win" anything. The point of a review copy is to, obviously, get a copy you can review. You'll get your copy, you may not just get it before everyone else, though.

It sucks that people gamed the system just to "win" free copies.

first off, why are you so negative? who cares what term i use to describe the fact that i participated in what was pretty much a contest to receive a review copy of the game before it was released. id say win is the proper term for it and secondly I didnt game the system for a free copy, i own both the witcher 1 and 2 on steam.
i won and you lost. haters gonna hate.

R-ex said:
haters gonna hate.

Top Bottom