Review Skellige From Live Stream Today

+
Review Skellige From Live Stream Today

Although they buff some card and more useful now as Skellige player, I will try but I'm not sure to play this faction anymore if I won't found in full patch note that have anything more interesting.

For summary we have:
- Clan Dimun Pirate Captain start at 5 strength for now. It wont be short-lived card anymore
- Clan Tuirseach Axeman start at 4 strength for now. And gain 1 strength for any weakened on battle field.
- Birna Bran 12 strength. It's nerf 4 to 3 card previous patch and now more nerf
- Queensguards now only 2 strength.
- Cerys start at 12 strength instead 8
- Blueboy Lugos 4 to 6 strength
- Madman Lugos add to base strength

Opponent in Stream:
- Even opponent not have much card advantage ( 8 vs 11).
- Even their draw that card they don't need (Manticore Venom).
- Even with these Skellige buff above...
- They still easy win.

Thanks to dev, you hear us and changed it. But you changed another also. It's tough to balance things.

We should move to Monster or NG after next patch arrived. These faction is seem clearly too powerful.

And this SC with NR time is over. Don't blame it, we should happy because no these deck from you more.

Last edited:
I do not feel like Nilfgaard is as powerful as it was at first ; they tune most of their cards and there are still many changes that will happen to make them fairer. At the moment, I find Nilfgaard to have a good power level. Overall, I particularly like how they design the faction ; it has a lot of personality.

I only question the idea of Vicovaro Medic, even with its "nerf" being to play only Bronze units, since most targets in Skellige decks are Bronze cards in the first place and there are quite a lot of very strong Bronze cards out there in any faction without feeling like wasting a pot. The only real downside, I find, is the fact it is more or less useless in the first round most of time. Well, we will see, but besides that, I do not find them overpowered like they were the first time we had the chance to look into it.

Occursus Well, we will wait for full patch note. My comment is from the live stream video today. I feel very worry about destiny of Skellige. Of course, they buffs something but till easy close in that video. Even he have some good move but not able to win. I just said rest in peace Skellige in chat room.

Hard to tell how good itll be from 1 silly stream match where the guys deck was not very optimal with warships and pirates and lugos and whatever. Give it time for people to make a quality deck because if anything ive seen so far is devs dont make the best decks....

SirloseAlot;n7640730 said:
Hard to tell how good itll be from 1 silly stream match where the guys deck was not very optimal with warships and pirates and lugos and whatever. Give it time for people to make a quality deck because if anything ive seen so far is devs dont make the best decks....

There were mostly showcasing new cards more than playing competitively. The portion of the stream we saw them building the nilfgaardian deck at least implied as much, I found.

DEERCG;n7640280 said:
And this SC with NR time is over. Don't blame it, we should happy because no these deck from you more.

IMO you are wrong here... with news cards SC and NR looks more powerful to me..

With blizzard & keira metz change gold spamming is going to become lot powerful then before. Just imaging how powerful ves & margarita going to be with blizzard :/
About SC even they nerf mercenary... new cards SC getting is really powerful. You will see that soon.
Same with Monsters with Blizzard that breeding is going to be super strong.

I think manticore venom is going to be super useful card from now on.

And yes you are right about skellige... what they got? few new cards & more discard :/ so now only deck we going to see is skellige discard deck that's it.

Last edited:
TH3WITCH3R and DEERCG I have to agree with you here, SK looks like they are in a very rough spot with the most popular faction of next patch having cards that counter your SK's faction identity. Those medics are far too powerful. At least when Griffin stole your units it wasn't played to their side of the field.

Also, good luck doing anything when Coral or Gaard gets revealed in your hand... did I mention that the three First Lights in every deck makes your fancy 1 row of weather Coral a pretty 6 STR gold card that can't even reset buffs now?

:facepalm:

CDPR must be on a completely different fucking planet.

I don't particularly know what data they are pulling from, but I would sure like to see what justifications they have for buffing SKs strongest faction counter, introducing new ways to grave rob, and then on top of all that think it's okay nerf half their cards. "Here SK to compensate for the trash canned faction, you can have Boar of the Sea. The worst and most situational Gold the World has ever seen."

Am I playing the same build they are playing? Because I don't exactly remember them being a top tier faction this patch to warrant nerf after nerf. And even if you do nerf their cards, how do then go about implementing more ways to rob Sk of their faction identity by adding more grave stealers?

Perhaps I am jumping the gun. The patch isn't out yet and maybe I am not giving CDPR the benefit of the doubt. But I am finding it incredibly difficult to see any value coming out of any of Skelliges cards. Where as, it's painfully obvious and very clear what's powerful with Monsters and NG.

I was afraid of something along these lines. Always was a fan of SK, but last patch it became nearly unplayable with exception of one strategy. Now this strategy gets a great nerf (Both Coral and Aard are nerfed), Birna gets nerfed, and the counters are real. Oh well, one faction come, one faction go. Dwarfs were right.

Top Bottom