Review The Witcher 2 - last day to apply

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? The 17th? The day the game releases in stores? What about legitimate staff writers of real websites, trying to get a copy to review it as the game is released? Not everyone who applied is just someone from the general public trying to score a free game!

XBAKat said:
Really? The 17th? The day the game releases in stores? What about legitimate staff writers of real websites, trying to get a copy to review it as the game is released? Not everyone who applied is just someone from the general public trying to score a free game!

Watch your tone buddy, beggars can't be choosers.

secondchildren said:
I know for sure that they're extrememly busy now. They're working untiringly. I'm afraid that you'll need to wait a few days, until April 17th at least.
Welp! That's just great, waiting 2 days for nothing, F5 a thousand times on my email. Great job guys!

Be grateful that RED are giving you an opportunity that most other companies wouldn't even think of doing.

rufnux said:
Watch your tone buddy, beggars can't be choosers.
That's my point, BUDDY. Not everyone who applied is a beggar. I can afford to buy the game, I was hoping to get a copy before it comes out so I have time to play it thoroughly before writing a review, and still getting a review out close to launch. If they wanted real reviews, and not just "I got this free, so the game roxxx," they should have scheduled this to get the review copies out closer to when their media copies went out.

Agreed with Venatis, I just would have liked some official word on the matter a little sooner. I'm still grateful that there doing it :)

XBAKat said:
That's my point, BUDDY. Not everyone who applied is a beggar. I can afford to buy the game, I was hoping to get a copy before it comes out so I have time to play it thoroughly before writing a review, and still getting a review out close to launch. If they wanted real reviews, and not just "I got this free, so the game roxxx," they should have scheduled this to get the review copies out closer to when their media copies went out.

I'm not your buddy, guy! Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, if I receive the game I plan to make a proper review, just like you do, and I don't care much for the kind of people you mentioned in your post either, but like I said in a previous post, rather they take their time and pick the right people (i.e people who actually wants to review the game) than just pick 1000 at random right?

I just think they should have started the process earlier. When I get review codes for xbla games, it's at least a week before the game releases, so the list has got to be formed well before that. So add in the response delay, plus no official word as the days go by, and SOME reviews aren't getting off to a good start. Of course some people are always willing to grovel for something free, so something tells me the metacritic rating for this one might be a bit skewed. ;)

Well, I wonder how they're going to pull this off...5 days till release...These reviews are going to be rushed as hell.

Woooooooooo. I doubt I'll get chosen as I don't have a strong online presence, but I am looking forward to finding out nevertheless.

Some people have played the PC version already so it's a matter of just being vigilant about subtle differences. However, for those who haven't, you may be right about some being rushed (unless they play a lot over the weekend)

I cannot wait to be able to run the game! I own both one and two on steam!;) I saw my friend play it on her pc! I hope to get a new pc in a month or two!

1,000 copies for millions of fans. I have no clue how they're even going to go about sorting the emails let alone pick the winners. Those winners are going to be VERY happy though!

And yeah, please let us know if you got selected. We'll know if we see BIG BOLD TEXT. That should tell us everything - lol

I would just like to say a big Thanks to CD Projekt Red for giving smaller independent review websites along with individuals the chance to review The Witcher 2:EE. Thanks :)

"I would just like to say a big Thanks to CD Projekt Red for giving smaller independent review websites along with individuals the chance to review The Witcher 2:EE. Thanks "
This, +1000000. I am so grateful that you are doing this. I wish all developers were like you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom