Review The Witcher 2 - last day to apply

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
uncleniccius said:
Any idea when we'll here? Thanks:)

I've been f5'ing my gmail all day long to no avail :( I guess we'll hear it sometime this week, rather they take their time with the applications than rush it and "hire" the wrong people :)

@Rufnux I agree! But I really want to know, + if we don't get them soon it won't be early access. Hopefully we here tonight/early tomorrow.

rufnux said:
I've been f5'ing my gmail all day long to no avail :( I guess we'll hear it sometime this week, rather they take their time with the applications than rush it and "hire" the wrong people :)

Yeah, I've been checking my hotmail constantly. I think I'm getting my hopes up for nothing though, as I don't have a website, youtube, facebook, etc.

Still waiting! Just want a yes or no! Close enough to release now, might just be able to wait for the version with all the trimmings

I have been checking my email constantly as well! A friend and I have a site so hopefully we can get a copy to review. If interested, we are doing a giveaway for Hoard right now! Check it out: http://www.thezombiegamers.com/2012/04/11/hoard-bundle-giveaway/

I own this on pc. I own an xbox. I got it even though I could not run it on my pc to support you guys! I hope to be able to get a new pc soon so i can enoy this game! Much love!

I'm still waiting, too, but thanks to enemyofusall I have at least discovered a new game that my underpowered graphics card may even be able to run!

Apologies to enemyofusall for not linking to The Zombie Gamers' own site, but there's a good review of Hoard here...

http://www.manapool.co.uk/hoard-review/

enemyofusall said:
I have been checking my email constantly as well! A friend and I have a site so hopefully we can get a copy to review. If interested, we are doing a giveaway for Hoard right now! Check it out: http://www.thezombiegamers.com/2012/04/11/hoard-bundle-giveaway/

I hope you guys get chosen for a review copy! You're the kind of guys that deserve to get it because it might help your website to get more noticed, not just to get "early access" or receive the game for free like most people seem to think this "contest" is about.

@hairyneville
No problem and the review is great. Is it your site? When I tried to run The Witcher 2 on my Pc it was around 25-30 fps, it was kinda rough at times.

VileOne said:
I've never waited so intently for a 'Sorry, but you didn't get accepted' message in my life.

I know right! I been following this topic since it began and checking for updates here and in my e-mail. I got this on PC and loved it. Looking forward to taking another trip in the world and getting me some Xbox Achievements for it. Can't wait to see the new content for Geralt to face off with. Good luck to everyone here, and everyone like myself who just idles on the forums and prefers to read instead of post.

I thought they had forgotten about the whole thing, until I found this thread. Glad to see i'm not alone in waiting. :)

Good luck everyone :)

@enemyofusall

No, that website's nothing to do with me, though I'd be proud if it were! :D I have a tendency to search for independent reviews of any games I'm interested in, and Mana Pool's review just happened to be the first independent review that came up this time.

My laptop has all the necessary memory and processing power for most modern games, but the on-board graphics chip is barely powerful enough to run ten year old games without seizing up! Newer games are an absolute no-go - I tried playing The Witcher 1 on it and the game was more like a slideshow... That's why I stick with my Xbox 360 for most games these days! I think Hoard might work, though, so I'm seriously thinking of investing in it (assuming I don't win Zombie Gamers' competition, that is :p).

Incidentally, I agree with rufnux. As much as I appreciate that CDPR has given absolutely everyone the opportunity to review The Witcher 2 on Xbox 360, I can't help thinking it would've been better if they'd limited applications to folks with review sites or blogs. I know there are plenty of enthusiastic budding reviewers out there who miss out on access to review copies of games because their sites simply aren't big enough to register on the radars of developers and publishers.

Having said that, I still live in hope that CDPR will pick me as a reviewer this time! :D

enemyofusall said:

You've got another follower

uncleniccius said:
Still no reply :((((((((((((((((( If I stop thinking about it, I'll get the email. (be it rejection or not)
I know for sure that they're extrememly busy now. They're working untiringly. I'm afraid that you'll need to wait a few days, until April 17th at least.

Thanks for the support everyone and @rufnux I agree haha :) If we do get it we plan to hold a giveaway for it after reviewed. Again thanks for all the people checking out the site, we try to hold giveaways at least monthly so keep checking it out and we try to get content up as often as possible too.So keep in touch.

secondchildren said:
I know for sure that they're extrememly busy now. They're working untiringly. I'm afraid that you'll need to wait a few days, until April 17th at least.

Are you sure it's going to take till the 17th at least?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom