Review The Witcher 2

+
I also have a quick question. Can we send our reviews through whatever social networking site we like?

I live far away but I won that t-shirt to get all of the 16 endings maybe that qualifies me lol I have finals till Enhanced edition comes out so...

Ok I make my question clear, I have a review written strictly on PC version of the game and I don't own an XB360. Does it qualify me to participate or no ?

LanceAce said:
Ok I make my question clear, I have a review written strictly on PC version of the game and I don't own an XB360. Does it qualify me to participate or no ?

No. They are giving out 1000 copies of the Xbox version. Why would they want a review of the PC version when it's the Xbox release?

http://en.thewitcher.com/review/

Calling gaming enthusiasts from all over the world! We’ve decided that we want you to review the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings on Xbox 360!

Also, the CEO while announcing this stuff said something like "...and you get a free copy of Witcher 2 on Xbox, how cool is that".

You guys are something special! Thank you!
Since I don't have a 360 I won't be entering, but good luck to all applicants!

gregski said:
No. They are giving out 1000 copies of the Xbox version. Why would they want a review of the PC version when it's the Xbox release?

http://en.thewitcher.com/review/

Also, the CEO while announcing this stuff said something like "...and you get a free copy of Witcher 2 on Xbox, how cool is that".

The enhanced edition is releasing on PC too so I thought everyone is invited to participate and I didn't watched the annoucement, I just saw the update and was confused about it. Anyway good luck XB users and congratulations to all future winners :)

I will share my own review for viewing but after this contest is over.

LanceAce said:
The enhanced edition is releasing on PC too so I thought everyone is invited to participate and I didn't watched the annoucement, I just saw the update and was confused about it. Anyway good luck XB users and congratulations to all future winners :)

I will share my own review for viewing but after this contest is over.

You can share your review now if you'd like. The contest isn't the review, the contest is to get a free copy of the 360 version before it releases. Once you've won, the idea is to give an honest review. So in essence, you win in order to review, not by reviewing. But yeah, this is specifically about the 360 version. I'm sure they'd appreciate your PC review as well though, since they probably like fan feedback.

spookyxelectric said:
You can share your review now if you'd like. The contest isn't the review, the contest is to get a free copy of the 360 version before it releases. Once you've won, the idea is to give an honest review. So in essence, you win in order to review, not by reviewing. But yeah, this is specifically about the 360 version. I'm sure they'd appreciate your PC review as well though, since they probably like fan feedback.

Thanks, here is my review (IT HAS COUPLE OF SPOILERS SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME)

http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f84/%5Bpg-review%5D-witcher-2-pc-123906/

I am not a professional writer so please ignore grammer mistakes, I only do it for hobby and write for my country's local gaming website. I have only written like 4 - 5 reviews so far (mostly RPG), The Witcher 2 is the latest.

I hope readers like it.

I have a few questions about this if anyone would like to help me out. I was looking at the page to submit your application and there is a spot to enter the link to your website and a spot to link to samples of reviews you've done before. What if I don't have a website, Youtube channel, blog or Facebook account? Am I not eligible for this then, or are those there just to give you a better chance of being selected?

Is it possible for me to apply for this, and if selected write up a thorough review for a site like GameFAQs? I have reviewed at least one game on GameFAQs before, (10 years ago under an old alternate account I no longer use), so I suppose I do have at least one sample. And I am an active GameFAQs member, (my account is over 11 and 1/2 years old), so I've been with the site for a long time and I'd like to think that that would carry a little more weight with people who would read my review.

If I can get an answer about this as soon as possible that would be spectacular. I'd like to apply for this before the deadline, but I also want to know if I'd even be eligible to participate. Thank you.

BMXJouster said:
[...] Is it possible for me to apply for this, and if selected write up a thorough review for a site like GameFAQs? [...]
I think you should go for it. There is big chance CD Projekt will not get 1000 request from people having current blogs / channels. Anyway you have nothing to loose other than 5 min of your time filing the application.

I don't think it's mandatory to provide your own website. You could likewise write reviews for a gamer portal or post reviews in a forum. Then these works are you reference.

KnightofPhoenix said:
I will write more after I play the Enhanced Edition!

But I don't think I am qualified to review a game. I can review stories though, so I don't know if that's what CDPR is looking for.
Good idea Don't hide your light under a bushel! I read your Witcher Politics pt 1 and 2. It's a very good piece of work. Okay, as you said, you have a great talents for story based articles. But you played the PC version of the game. Make comparisons of how combat and controls on the Xbox work, is the new UI useful, how about the graphics, etc.

You (all) can make a note form draft with things you want to pay attention to and then tell us all.

Good luck @all

Hello everybody,

The application requirements aren't 100% clear from the text on the application page. I think there is a tendency, but it's not TOTALLY clear.

That's why I have a few questions (the first 2 are the same ones BMXJouster has). It would be great it they would be answered by an official, so that there will be certainty to it.

1. Is there any chance to be chosen if you don't have a blog, website, channel etc ? Or is it pointless in that case ?

2. If there IS a chance: Is it okay to review it on a third party site like GameFAQs, Giantbomb etc ?

3. If so: has it to be a "big" site like the ones mentioned above, or can it be a less famous site ?

Happy Easter!

Dragonark,

I'd prefer to buy the game and support CDProjekt as opposed to getting a free copy. You lads deserve after all you do for your fans. That's not to say I don't think it's a cool idea.

=D

RED's are on Easter Holiday

So just my 2 cents...
This reviewer contest is adressed to the players, the community and not meant for journalists, pro reviewers of big websites. They get a free copy for reviews anyway. So you don't have to fulfil all requirements blog and YouTube channel and website. But you should be able to make a review like several other users made reviews or "What I think about TW2". And a reference to learn about your style helps the devs to decide.

Happy Easter @all

Dragonark said:
1. Is there any chance to be chosen if you don't have a blog, website, channel etc ? Or is it pointless in that case ?

2. If there IS a chance: Is it okay to review it on a third party site like GameFAQs, Giantbomb etc ?

3. If so: has it to be a "big" site like the ones mentioned above, or can it be a less famous site ?

Happy Easter!

Dragonark,

Hi there:)

1. You don't need to have any experience, you can still apply

2. Yes

3. Nope, there are no requirements like that - it can be any site.

Top Bottom