Reviews prior to release only for PS4 - no PC or Xbox this week

+
This thread suddenly seemed to erupt into flames...

A few posts were deleted. Thank you to the most recent posts for being calmer.

I understand all of the fears that some people have expressed yet after looking over the forums for the past few months I have come to the conclusion that every time some interesting new piece of information is provided about the game the forums react in one of two ways. Everyone looks at the new information and takes a "glass is half full" approach, just for some the glass is half full of excrement.

I know that many of us hold CD Projekt to a high standard as they have been one of few devs out there that appear to respect the consumer. I have noticed that even when they try to live up to these expectations that people move the bar further up.

I know that my opinion matters little, but I for one am VERY happy that we will have any reviews at all before launch and will read the reviews in their entirety to make sure that the score reflects aspects of the game that are important to me. I am a PC gamer and I certainly would like to see a review that reflects my platform, but until that time comes I will use these reviews to at least provide to me a baseline judgement of the material.

I believe they chose to send PS4 copies for review first because the game is better on PC, then PS4 and then XOne in comparison. XOne being the weakest of them all, it wouldnt make sense to send XOne copies for reviews.

They didnt wanted to send out PC for reviewing as it is their best version. PS4 version is closer to what the game would look on majority of the PC's (medium - high settings). Plus it is closer to XOne too, as its just the resolution difference.

It makes sense they sent out the copies of the version which will be the closer to other platforms.

^^ All that plus it could be because the game is maybe selling better on PS4 until now (Just an assumption).

I do not care anymore.
I am going to play the Witcher 3 and enjoy myself. I do not care wether the game was downgraded or upgraded. I do not care if the game looks the same on all platforms or not. I do not care what Nvidia hairworks does. And I do not care what others say.
I've waited for this game for 4 years, and I will enjoy playing it. That simple.
I hate politics, and unfortunately video gaming industry has become a political arena. Consoles vs PCs, PS4 vs Xbox one, Nvidia vs AMD, Intel vs AMD, and so on. People have forgotten to appreciate games and enjoy them instead of arguing which console looks the best, wether the PC version was downgraded or not and so forth.

Just play the game, and if you are enjoying yourself then forget about the rest.
It was downgraded, why should you give a shit if You are still enjoying it. the Xbox one version is 900p but the PS4 version is 1080p, why should you give a shit if you are enjoying it. Mr or Mrs X thinks it is a terrible game, why should you give a shit if you are enjoying it.
It is all about you and your experience.

I just want to play my games in peace and enjoy them without concerning myself with the politics.

I do not care anymore.
I am going to play the Witcher 3 and enjoy myself. I do not care wether the game was downgraded or upgraded. I do not care if the game looks the same on all platforms or not. I do not care what Nvidia hairworks does. And I do not care what others say.
I've waited for this game for 4 years, and I will enjoy playing it. That simple.
I hate politics, and unfortunately video gaming industry has become a political arena. Consoles vs PCs, PS4 vs Xbox one, Nvidia vs AMD, Intel vs AMD, and so on. People have forgotten to appreciate games and enjoy them instead of arguing which console looks the best, wether the PC version was downgraded or not and so forth.

Just play the game, and if you are enjoying yourself then forget about the rest.
It was downgraded, why should you give a shit if You are still enjoying it. the Xbox one version is 900p but the PS4 version is 1080p, why should you give a shit if you are enjoying it. Mr or Mrs X thinks it is a terrible game, why should you give a shit if you are enjoying it.

I just want to play my games in peace and enjoy them without concerning myself with the politics.

I think what you are saying is be a HONEY BADGER!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

I do not care anymore.

Yes, all of this indeed.

I don't get why graphics is such a sticking point with people, back a couple decades and the games media didn't really show you as much of an unfinished product as what occurs today...perhaps that is a folly.

While i wish they kept the old look, im sure they have their reasons for not doing so and thus i care little, the game itself is where the critique should be.

for me it is not a concern(i am getting the Xbox One version) manly because i trust the developers and respect them a lot but also because i see no reason why there will be too many differences between the versions, it is kinda odd though, i am just excited to read reviews at this point

This is not cool. If you're releasing Witcher 3 for all 3 platform, people should have see their platform review. This is kinda lower game sales at all.

Hmm, I hate to draw conclusions from this, but it does make me wonder about pc performance a little bit.

As a PC gamer this is worrying, even though I heard about this earlier. Sure, a lot of things will be identical between platforms, but stuff like performance or bugs on PC are a concern.

Well, maybe there will be port reports before the release, we will see...

I do not care anymore.
I do not care wether the game was downgraded or upgraded. I do not care if the game looks the same on all platforms or not. I do not care what Nvidia hairworks does. And I do not care what others say.
I hate politics, and unfortunately video gaming industry has become a political arena

Did you just turn into Geralt of Rivia? :shock:

They didnt wanted to send out PC for reviewing as it is their best version.
That's all backwards. If you have several versions of a product, you want to show off the best one to make the best possible impression. Why that's not the PC version atm is anyone's guess - probably performance/compatibility issues.

Nothing to worry about PC/Xbox, it's not like they aren't in a good state, the guys are just perfectionists and want to make it as best as possible to the very end.
Either way, usually I see games getting the same score for every version anyways, +/- 0.5 or something so barely any difference if at all.

PC we know they didn't give out the copies because of the Day One patch thing. XB1 I think might be because of this dynamic resolution switching tech they implemented.

You guys do realise this is a huge game right? Playing it on all 3 platforms at once would be a suicide, so what would happen is you would get a huge split in reviews and you would only get a handful of reviews for each version before release. Instead CDPR chose the PS4 version so that there can be multiple reviews. The game is the same across the platforms, so for the most important things like story and gameplay the platform will matter little or not at all.

The only things you may worry about is the controls on PC, and X1 performance. We have had multiple sources saying how well the game runs on a high end PC rig, I doubt reviewers would play it on anything else but cutting edge PC so if you are worried about running the game smoothly then wait for benchmarks, reviews won't do you any good.

As has been said, the PS4 version sounds like it was done. Xbox 1 had the resolution scalibility added, maybe as a last minute thing like wolfenstein. PC will always have optimizations that can be done especially with things like hairworks,HBAO+ etc... So it sounds like they got the most complete version out that they could.

Theres lots of footage of the PC version and content will be the same across all platforms (which is what reviews will mostly focus on). If they sent it out for benchmarks it would be pointless with a day one patch.

I do not care anymore.

Give this man a medal :) :yes:

If you are a REAL gamer then you wouldn't care what platform you are playing the game on as long as it is enjoyable, infact missing out on exclusives for either console means perhaps you are a limited narrow-visioned gamer after all I certainly wouldn't want to miss out on great exclusives. Enjoy whatever you platform you choose to play W3 on, but just because you make a platorm choice doesn't mean everyone else is WRONG. I will be getting the PS4 version and just spent 350 bucks AUS on a nice pair of Turtle Beach Elite 800 wireless headphones just for the experience (So I won't annoy the Missus or the kid when I am spending long sessions playing W3) !! I am sure all versions will be great and we are all gamers so lets just enjoy the game, talk about the game, and not worry who is playing on what!

Everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that review copies were sent out 2-3 weeks ago, not yesterday. Like @sidspyker said, it's probably because they were still working on PC optimization and the dynamic resolution scaling thing for XboxOne.

Top Bottom