Revised scores for The Witcher in German magazines

+
Revised scores for The Witcher in German magazines

Two leading German computer games magazines - PC Games and Gamestar has decided to rate The Witcher again, taking into account the newest patch 1.2 in their notes. What is more, new notes (especially concerning Gamestar magazine) are substantially higher than in the 1.0 release version reviews. Gamestar has rated The Witcher for 80% (73% before), while PC Games has lifted the game note up to 85% awarding the game with the "Silver Award". For us, it is a sign, that with every single new patch our game is going in the right direction.

yeah, now only a screenshot function / hud toggle / a difficulty revamp for hard (or add monsterific hardcore) / maybe walking in OTS and more bug fixes and this game is PERFECT1.3 + SDK and theWitcher is complete. anyways, no matter how it turns out, thanks for your continuing effort to improve the game and listen to your fans !

Gratz :beer:Gamestar is a late bloomer :p the author who did the first review did it apparently under time pressure and was quite cursory. The community and readers as well were quite upset. The realization dawns soon on GS ;DThumbs up for PC Games, at least they spend more time on their first review... even made a diary ;D

Gamestar doesn't seem to take your game seriously. After their first video it seemed for us (in a well known german forum), TW could become the disappointment of the last years. However, the previews of the other german mags and international online magazines did not disagree to our impressions and told about simliar opinions all together. Except Gamestar. I really lost my trust to them.

Gamestar moans about all games which aren't like World of Warcraft :-\They also moaned about Gothic 3 and Everquest and Oblivion - in conjunction what WoW does better - forgetting the fact that WoW is a mainstream MMORPG aimed at the goal to have as many customers as possible, which includes players who dislike complex stories and roleplay with some very nice depth.A game most hardcore/old-school roleplay gamers would love, mostly gets cat-called by Gamestar. I think their reviews are too biased and too much aimed at those gamers who need to be taken by the hand instead to solve a game that requires your very own initiative and desire to explore.Once, my husband and I were Gamestar readers, but since their reviews mainly reflect their pure personal opinion and likes/dislikes we no longer really fancy them as source of information.

Now you just need to get PC Gamer UK, PC Zone UK to rerate witcher. Or just send them a list of your GOTY and say "why so low"

Some reviewers have not played more far that the first chapter , 10 hours of game. As the reviewer of escapisc magazine that gave a 6 . Site had to close the thread of commentaries, because that people were indignant .

Top Bottom