Reviving the seasonal in-house conference format...

+
More so because they're announcing their very next work in progress, even before cyberpunk 2077 has come out :facepalm:

With E3 all but officially confirmed to be cancelled and gamescom maybe following suit if the Corona-situation doesn't improve until the end of August - how about one of those little cozy in-house conferences you used to put on in Warsaw instead?
Like that special one, back in May 2012.
I believe those conferences are for investors, but certainly, the format could work for the public as well. I like the idea. You don't even need an audience (except, if you must, journalists and creators). Just a stage, a TV screen, and decent editing.

decent editing
Not that easy from what we saw with the deep dive video. :ROFLMAO:

I'm 200% in favour of online conferences and/or videos with no need for travelling around the world. Not only 99.9% of the gamers can't attend those events, but they are also unfairly cut out of stuff they could easily see from home.

EDIT: thinking about it, cancelling the necessity of being ready for E3 every year, could stop software houses to rush trailers and fake gamplay (not referring to CDPR, but to anthem for example) or announce release dates when they're clearly not ready for it (now I'm looking at CDPR). Individual communication may bring hundreds of advantages to us gamers.
I mean, journalists didn't ask relevant questions to devs anyway (or didn't get relevant answers) during these events...

Last edited:
Not that easy from what we saw with the deep dive video. :ROFLMAO:

I'm 200% in favour of online conferences and/or videos with no need for travelling around the world. Not only 99.9% of the gamers can't attend those events, but they are also unfairly cut out of stuff they could easily see from home.

EDIT: thinking about it, cancelling the necessity of being ready for E3 every year, could stop software houses to rush trailers and fake gamplay (not referring to CDPR, but to anthem for example) or announce release dates when they're clearly not ready for it (now I'm looking at CDPR). Individual communication may bring hundreds of advantages to us gamers.
I mean, journalists didn't ask relevant questions to devs anyway (or didn't get relevant answers) during these events...

Still not sure what was going on there. CDPR obviously knows how to edit, because they've done so successfully many, many times in the past. Anyway, I've got faith in them moving forward.

Still not sure what was going on there. CDPR obviously knows how to edit, because they've done so successfully many, many times in the past. Anyway, I've got faith in them moving forward.
They absolutely did that on purpose, they're not amateurs. Officially "to avoid spoilers" (sure, no story bits were shown...), in reality... I really hope they'll change their communication for their next game: announce it closer to release (and not 8 years before), show stuff more clearly (the 48min demo was perfect), no "select audience" BS (apart from media), release date when they are really sure about it.

I'm very positive that the cancellation of E3 will bring better communication strategies in the future. Or at least I want to believe it.

Top Bottom