Reward for "Novigrad dreaming"

+
Reward for "Novigrad dreaming"

In the quest "Novigrad dreaming"
the rich banker Rudolf de Jonkheer, who is waiting outside of the ghost house, promise Geralt a reward, if he can clean the house from the ghost.
After finishing the quest
and if Geralt has expeled the godling Sarah
the banker says to Geralt that he will pay him a share, if the house is sold... But I haven't found the banker Rudolf de Jonkheer anymore in my walktroughs. Have I overlooked anything?! Thanks in advance... ;)

He loiters about near that house for a long time.

Later, in act 3, when you revisit this house together with Avallach, the banker is in the ground floor and totally has "forgotten" that he was supposed to give you a share. (He has no dialogue, just a random "upper class NPC line" on interaction, that is.)

=> "Rudolf de Jonkheer = a git" confirmed

Last edited:
He loiters about near that house for a long time.

Later, in act 3, when you revisit this house together with Avallach, the banker is in the ground floor and totally has "forgotten" that he was supposed to give you a share. (He has no dialogue, just a random "upper class NPC line" on interaction, that is.)

=> "Rudolf de Jonkheer = a git" confirmed

Thanks, now I don't have to feel bad about letting the godling live there :p

"Don't feel bad"?! :unsure: Really?! :unsure: But then Johnny will stay alone in the swamp... :crybaby: This seems a little bit heartless, dear Sunsi... :whistle:

Well, my Geralt tends to keep his promises and he promised to get rid of the ghost... And I hate to lie :( I have done that only once though (get rid of the "ghost" I mean).

Last edited:
Well, my Geralt tends to keep his promises and he promised to get rid of the ghost... And I hate to lie :( I have done that only once though.

My Geralt is mostly a greedy liar lol. I can't forget when I said that the Dragon from Fyresdal is breathing fire and has golden scales with its ass smoking like a chimney, all for that full payment of the contract. LOL And killing Morkvarg as well.

My Geralt is mostly a greedy liar lol. I can't forget when I said that the Dragon from Fyresdal is breathing fire and has golden scales with its ass smoking like a chimney, all for that full payment of the contract. LOL And killing Morkvarg as well.

Yeah, you are so right!!! :evil: The Dragon of Fyresdal is a very cool and funny example for that behavior... And I mean everybody is happy about that lie... ;) And if Geralt says the truth he earns only less money... :whistle:

Goodness, I love those two Fyresdale quests. :D

Mr. "A weevern, eh? Small monster means smaller reward" who was stingy about 10 extra crowns to begin with - and right next to him the "Faroe Idiot" with the "nekker contract" who eagerly agrees to the maximum amount of crowns. :lol:

Yeah, I told the Fyresdale elder one time the truth. Next playthrough, I lied and laughed so hard... been lying to him ever since.

As for Sarah - expelled her twice from the house, because I've done 2 "@**hole" playthroughs now.

But she might actually be much safer down south in Velen's swamps with Johnny, particularly in case Radovid wins and the sorcerors were evacuated. "Oneiromancer" sounds like a profession on the road to the stake in a realm under the wise and steadfast leadership of psycho king; Godling = nonhuman = absolutely off to the stake, if ever captured.

When I came across the pile of dead "Cleaver's Henchmen" last time in act 3, and thought of stupid little Sarah, I had a queasy feeling in my guts.

Morkvarg. Well, I dunno. Been doing it the fast way the last two times, because I didn't feel like riding to the docks and back a couple of times. Geralt does sound a bit too eager to kill the bastard then though, I do not like such cruelty. Whenever I un-cursed him, I killed him then anyway. Ugh. I should try at least once what happens if he's un-cursed and left alive.

I should try at least once what happens if he's un-cursed and left alive.

I don't want spoiler anything, but to be honest
it was very disappointing.
The content you have missed... Please read it only if you want to know it really:
He says to you that you should go to Loan Shark in Novigrad. And there you get as a reward... Yes, you can guess... ;) Yes, the next sword!!! :evil:

I don't want spoiler anything, but to be honest
it was very disappointing.
The content you have missed... Please read it only if you want to know it really:
He says to you that you should go to Loan Shark in Novigrad. And there you get as a reward... Yes, you can guess... ;) Yes, the next sword!!! :evil:
Well, I can do that if I un-curse him and then stab him in the back... ;)

I wondered if he'll kill and rape some more if left alive though. I mean, he will do that. Question is if he does it behind the scenes or if there are any rumors.

I wondered if he'll kill and rape some more if left alive though. I mean, he will do that. Question is if he does it behind the scenes or if there are any rumors.
I could be wrong here but I seem to remember some people on Skellige saying something along the lines of "Morkvarg is free again and roaming the land" to which I reacted like this: "WTF? Impossible! I killed him myself, what are they talking about?" So maybe that's a line that only makes sense if you have un-cursed him and let him get away afterwards.

I could be wrong here but I seem to remember some people on Skellige saying something along the lines of "Morkvarg is free again and roaming the land" to which I reacted like this: "WTF? Impossible! I killed him myself, what are they talking about?" So maybe that's a line that only makes sense if you have un-cursed him and let him get away afterwards.
Especially in Skellige there are sometimes wrong dialoges of the inhabitants... ;)

In Novigrad as well :) Redanians keep hailing Radovid although, in my game, he's been dead for... I don't know... 100 hours? xD

In Novigrad as well :) Redanians keep hailing Radovid although, in my game, he's been dead for... I don't know... 100 hours? xD

Is it "postgame"?! Because then I don't wonder about it, because in postgame the time is turned back before the events of your playthrough... But yeah, there are some small but funny dialogue-mistakes... ;)

Is it "postgame"?! Because then I don't wonder about it, because in postgame the time is turned back before the events of your playthrough...

It becomes somewhat more complicated with Blood and Wine, though. While the game still says that it is before the final chapter when you appear in Kaer Morhen after the credits, the expansion is written in a way that it is after the ending on the timeline, quite likely not even in the same year as the main story. But then you travel back from Toussaint and the Redanian soldiers still say "Long live Radovid!" even if he has been assassinated - the news must spread very slowly. :)

Is it "postgame"?! Because then I don't wonder about it, because in postgame the time is turned back before the events of your playthrough... But yeah, there are some small but funny dialogue-mistakes... ;)
Yes, it's after the main story of the base game - still funny though :)

If you kick Sarah out he promises you a reward. If you go back to him in a few days he tells you he still doesn't have the money. If you come back again in a few days you learn he has sold the house and gives you some crowns.

Top Bottom