Reward Points will be buyable with real money?

+
Hello everyone,

I don't know if anyone else is wondering the same but I would like to know if it will be possible in the future (near or far) to buy reward points using real money.
The fact is that I don't have as much free time now as I had before and I would consider buying reward points with real money (for a reasonable price). :think:

Now that seasonal trees have been unlocked I find it more reasonable to buy them than buying kegs or powder as they can be used in a more flexible way and besides they can be used to achieve skins, borders and extra features too. :smart:

Thank you very much in advance for any feedback.

P.S.: Sorry for any mistakes in my writting as English is not my native tongue.

Greetings from Spain!

If so, the game basically becomes "pay to win".. Not that you will get all cards, but buying endless reward points and kegs you can get a pretty good collection in a single day.

If so, the game basically becomes "pay to win".. Not that you will get all cards, but buying endless reward points and kegs you can get a pretty good collection in a single day.

First of all, thank you for your answer.
I understand your concern about Gwent becoming a "pay to win" game but you could get a pretty good collection in a single day buying enough premium/basic kegs as well. In free to play games you can improve your collection investing time of play or real money. That is precisely the developers gain.
As I see it, buying reward points would be more "pay to be updated without having to play at least 1 hour daily".
I have been playing Gwent since April-May 2017 open beta and I already have full card collection but the only constant way to earn reward points is by leveling up and/or daily rewards (2-4 RP / day). So in order to complete both seasonal trees each month you have to be investing a daily amount of free time that I don't have right now.

Taking into account that CDPR claims that Gwent is not earning that much money even after Thronebreaker, I would see reasonable if they would be thinking about the possibility of putting RP on sale.

Thanks again for your time! (y)

Lexor

Forum veteran
I understand your concern about Gwent becoming a "pay to win" game but you could get a pretty good collection in a single day buying enough premium/basic kegs as well.

Kegs can provide random cards and only cards. RPs can get you "precisely selected things" like the exact card you need.
That is the reason why option to buy RP would be much more P2W than buying kegs.

Yeah... I'll have to agree this wouldn't be a particularly good idea. I'm not swimming in Reward Points myself (those 5-point story nodes take quite a while to unlock at my pace), but I still feel they should continue to be something that needs to be earned. Like Lexor said above, Reward Points can get you a wide variety of items -- and you can even choose what to use them on -- whereas kegs only get you random cards.

I'm also certain that Reward Points would feel less, well, rewarding, if you could simply go and buy a bunch of them.

Lastly, I really really don't want to see "GWENT is pay-to-win" threads popping up again, which would inevitably happen if Reward Points became purchasable. (This is a purely personal view, but I'm using it as an admittedly weak argument regardless.)

PS. Moving to Suggestions.

Last edited:

I've contemplated the idea myself actually. "Should they sell reward points".. I'm not strongly in favour or against, I'm just slightly more against it.

Personally it would make no difference for me if they sold reward points, but I think it would change the games, and it goes against the concept of "reward" points.

Actually. After passing XP level 60 and reaching prestige 1 and starting on XP level 1 again, it feels somewhat different. It was just very slow between 50-60.

Still not sure I will be able to try another 2 decks though, but I feel confident about at least 1.

Lexor

Forum veteran
Actually. After passing XP level 60 and reaching prestige 1 and starting on XP level 1 again, it feels somewhat different. It was just very slow between 50-60.

Here is "required XP" table with "XP level" vs "prestige level".

Yes, it's true, that first levels of every prestige level are much more "quicker" than last ones.
But it's also true that every prestige level increases amount of XP needed even for these starter levels.

First of all, thank you for your answer.
I understand your concern about Gwent becoming a "pay to win" game but you could get a pretty good collection in a single day buying enough premium/basic kegs as well. In free to play games you can improve your collection investing time of play or real money. That is precisely the developers gain.
As I see it, buying reward points would be more "pay to be updated without having to play at least 1 hour daily".
I have been playing Gwent since April-May 2017 open beta and I already have full card collection but the only constant way to earn reward points is by leveling up and/or daily rewards (2-4 RP / day). So in order to complete both seasonal trees each month you have to be investing a daily amount of free time that I don't have right now.

Taking into account that CDPR claims that Gwent is not earning that much money even after Thronebreaker, I would see reasonable if they would be thinking about the possibility of putting RP on sale.

I get your point, mate. You may have just started a family, new job, decided to hit the gym more often to do something for your well being and there is not so much time to play, yet you like the game a lot and being able to buy that leader skin or boarder would make you happy (I hope I get this right). And why not? We are not talking about buying ranks here.

The game is essentially a grind. If there was a better competitive mode e.g an arena with constructed decs and variation of tournament rules, with much higer entry fee in ore or real money but solid rewards for 8 and 9 round winners so you could get decent stuff in 2-3 hours of quality competitive play instead of 10 hours of grinding that would make a difference, I guess.

In conclusion, I wouldn’t be offended if Reward Poins were for sale under the current circumstances.

Top Bottom