Reward system gets quite grindy after NEW DAY bonuses

+
Reward system gets quite grindy after NEW DAY bonuses

Sometimes the only rewards I get at the end of a winning match is from GGs from other players and it is usually only 5 Ores or 5 Scraps. Shouldn't there be a fixed reward for winning matches too? Something like:

Win = 5 Ore + 10 Scraps
Lose = 0 Ore + 5 Scraps

Needing to play 10 odd games to then only get 25 Ores (level up bonus) is extremely tedious. I don't know how many scraps you get for a level up, but I'm guessing it's the same, so 25?

New people are more likely to just drop the game once they realise how much grind they will have to do to get all the cards. But if the grind is easy, you'll entice them to stick around for longer, and then perhaps even spend money on the game once they really get in to it.

It's worth thinking about. If the grind stays the same in the full game, I'll probably drop the game.

gaktem

Forum regular
I'm wondering how many kegs you have to get everyday for you to consider the game to be not grinding?

well considering how kegs don't reliably give you anything of value you can go five kegs in a row getting nothing but what youv'e already gotten, which has happened to me, so the only reliable way to get anything decent is by crafting it, the milling price for things is terrible and prices for crafting ridiculous. after 16 hours i've finally built one deck i'm happy with. to start a new deck and get it to this level would mean another 20 hours for a mid tier deck, nevermind how long it would take just to make a 800 card.

The main issue is the grind for the scraps. I'm trying to save up for an 800 scraps card, and that will take me about 2-3 weeks. For ONE card, that's an insane amount of time.

Adding 5-10 scraps every game should be added as a minimum. To get 800 scraps you'll need to play 80-160 matches. One game takes about 15 min, so an 800 point card would need about 20-40 hours to get. That's still quite a lot when you consider you're only getting ONE card. If people want to make a full deck, they'll need years. I'm aware the NEW DAY bonus offsets this a bit, but the fact that it drops to such low values after needs to be looked at.

While I agree that game has its problems (too low of a chance on legendary, with too big % of cards being legendary), I don't think its reasonable to expect to collect all cards as f2p with no grind. In fact, I feel GWENT is quite generous in that regard, I gained quite a good deck by milling 2 factions (something I wouldn't recommend). While I don't have any incentive to purchase kegs with cash, cause even if I did, most of the cards I get will be milled.

You also need to keep in mind that we only have casual play currently. Who knows what kinds of formats will we have in the future (ranked, arena, story, ?) and what rewards those modes will give us.

I'd more than happily pay for being able to craft exactly what I want. But I'm not paying for random lottery kegs. If this game had a $60 purchase price and you get everything, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I guess my perspective is as a person who doesn't play any f2p games, so maybe I'm not the target audience for this business model.

Top Bottom