Reworking SPECIAL OFFERS for the better

+

Gość

Reworking SPECIAL OFFERS for the better

1. Make it so anyone can afford it.
  2. Take original Starter Pack as a base for new offers and try not to go below that standard.
  3. Do not include cards from Starter Decks in your packs.
Starter Pack is definitely worth buying, (a guaranteed Legendary card! Whether you’re new to The Witcher Card Game or a seasoned player, you’ll get a total of 51 cards of various rarity, plus crafting resources for creating premium animated versions of cards.) THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE, 5$ and you will always come out happy no matter what you get. Choice of 1 of 3 random Golds, 10 Card Kegs and 400 units of Meteorite Dust. That's a great offer!

Holiday Deal was so 'different'. At a price tag of almost 30$ we got (25 Card Kegs, 400 units of Meteorite Powder and single animated Silver Card). First of all, a guaranteed Epic should have never landed as a part of this package the reason is if everything is working good you will get that from the Kegs it felt like those stickers bad companies put in to make you think you are actually paying for something.

A good example of Holiday Offer would be 12 Card Kegs, random Gold and 400 powder, you need not to change anything with the values just stick to positive value for us the players and the amount of people interested will cover up for every generosity.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
There are two sides to this coin. On the one side you have the amount of cards you can reasonably get as a F2P players, on the other side you have the advantaged gained by P2W. Because Gwent is already one of the most generous F2P CCG, the pricing model is less of an issue. However, a balance must still be maintained. Buying kegs is not meant to significantly increase your odds, but instead give you the option to spend money on the game instead of time. If buying kegs would consistently yield better results, then the game shifts more towards P2W, which is bad for the game overall. On short term, the income will increase, but on long term, it will lead to a decrease in players.

Gość

4RM3D;n10192362 said:
There are two sides to this coin. On the one side you have the amount of cards you can reasonably get as a F2P players, on the other side you have the advantaged gained by P2W. Because Gwent is already one of the most generous F2P CCG, the pricing model is less of an issue. However, a balance must still be maintained. Buying kegs is not meant to significantly increase your odds, but instead give you the option to spend money on the game instead of time. If buying kegs would consistently yield better results, then the game shifts more towards P2W, which is bad for the game overall. On short term, the income will increase, but on long term, it will lead to a decrease in players.

Opening Kegs is meant to be the same at all times and that's tricky, with new cards - odds get worse, amount of cards in the game increases so changes must be applied accordingly to the drop rates each time I would hate to see 'Oh, we forgot, doing it now sorry after million new cards is added' this would be bad. Drop rates should be made public and updates along each update this is also transparency everyone will seek at some point.

What I meant by taking starter deck cards off is taking them out for all kegs, unless you scrap them and scripting detects card is missing so that cards becomes obtainable again in the same manner. Starter deck cards only nothing beyond that.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
K_4-far;n10192502 said:
with new cards - odds get worse

There is an easy solution for that. Just create a new type of keg for the new cards, like other CCG do with their expansions. For Gwent, this might be tricky because not every expansion has enough cards to justify a separate keg. However, older expansions can still be consolidated into one new keg.

Gość

You get less new cards the more you have them 4RM3D how do you see they fix that? I have been opening 60 kegs weekly and lately it's just spares of base bronzes some new ones too but majority of already claimed cards. The new factor decreased significantly at the cost of my mood to buy more kegs. I can not imagine them dividing cards that are already in the game to fix that just for me.

4RM3D;n10192562 said:
There is an easy solution for that. Just create a new type of keg for the new cards, like other CCG do with their expansions. For Gwent, this might be tricky because not every expansion has enough cards to justify a separate keg. However, older expansions can still be consolidated into one new keg.

If this ever happens it would be nice if it was made so that you also have "circus" kegs. Meaning kegs that contain cards from all expansions (except maybe the basic cards?) because i have always hated that concept in online CCG's where i joined and the game was already around for a while.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
K_4-far;n10192682 said:
You get less new cards the more you have them

That's just the way it is with CCG. You gain more scraps, but those can be used to create the cards you're missing. The season kegs are there to give you a higher odds of the cards you want.

Top Bottom