Reworking the weapon attachment system

+
Well I'm going to leave my two cents here and say that the way weapon attachments currently work is kind of messy. First and foremost their statistical benefits (except for suppressors) are negligible at best. There is also the problem that eventually they really start cluttering up the inventory menu. My suggestion is that CDPR moves away from the RNG heavy attachment system and instead moves to a fixed attachment system. The basics are that instead of just finding attachments willy willy nilly you would instead find blueprints to craft those attachments (think of how bombs and potions worked in the Witcher 3). Each succesive quality rank would improve the effectiveness of the attachment and it would give crafting more practical functionality. Also the attachments would never break they would always be in your inventory making it easier to customize how you want your weapon to work. This would also give CDPR the opportunity to make them more statistically significant and give each attachment a role to play in gameplay (Ex. one attachment increases range while another increases ADS). This would also leave room for future kinds of attachments (PLEASE ADD MORE KINDS!!!!) and facilitate balancing. So what do you guys think ?

Top Bottom