Ridiculous Amount of Nexus Mods Trash

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont know where else to post this but there's a ridiculous amount of trash Mods on Nexus.

99% of the mods are "Here's my save file with this character that I made". Those aren't mods...

Has anybody found any decent mods yet, if so, please share.

Yeah, it's pretty stupid.

IMO, a character preset is not a mod.

I really dont know where else to post this but there's a ridiculous amount of trash Mods on Nexus.

99% of the mods are "Here's my save file with this character that I made". Those aren't mods...

I checked today and apparently there is a mod (.exe) - Arasaka Appearance Updater - that allows you to change your hairstyle and face features (but not hair color) mid playthrough by accessing your "save game"...might be worth a shot. Also, better driving mod - Better Vehicle Handling -, hold "V" to walk mod, etc.
It is waaay to early to hope for good, complete mods yet, but I do think it could be a major work-around for CDPR if they made the game "mod friendly".

People complaining about the quality OR quantity of something that is FREE should just stfu and do some introspection.
To be fair, a savegame is not a mod (modification) of the game.
No clue how they are even allowed in the mod section on the site.

As for your "stfu" comment, grow up.

To be fair, a savegame is not a mod (modification) of the game.
No clue how they are even allowed in the mod section on the site.
They have their own category. They have always been tolerated by the NexusMods staff and I see no reason why they should prevent the upload of those files. If you don't want to see them simply block "Saved Games" (and maybe even "Character Preset") in the site preferences: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/myaccount?tab=content+blocking

Btw, this topic probably belongs in the NexusMods forums instead the official CDPR ones.

Something I'm considering, the mod that enables a console command, and the one that that shows pictures of all the clothing and tells you the console command to spawn that specific piece of clothing...

Because as I found out in my first playthrough, it is exceedingly difficult collect the clothing you want, and even more so to be able to craft the clothing you want.

They have their own category. They have always been tolerated by the NexusMods staff and I see no reason why they should prevent the upload of those files. If you don't want to see them simply block "Saved Games" (and maybe even "Character Preset") in the site preferences: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/myaccount?tab=content+blocking

Btw, this topic probably belongs in the NexusMods forums instead the official CDPR ones.
Yeah I personally dont really care, I just scroll past them. Though good idea to block them (y)
I was just responding to that other guy who didnt seem to understand that a savegame/character presets is not a mod, and then continues to tell people to stfu. (the irony)
By his logic you shouldnt be annoyed if 99% of mods uploaded are ADs for geico or wallpapers of cats, cause its free.

Anyways, thanx for the tip regarding blocking certain things!

Give it some time. I put 2000 hrs into X4 before starting to mod it, then another 2500 hours after that in modded play throughs in just over a years time.. This game will be similar after the tools are either released or developed. Takes time to get a mod working well enough to publish with tools and much longer without.

Check back in six months, but more realistically a year. Might have better AI, a better difficulty curve, better first-person driving, better weather effects and an actual "respec" chip that lets you respec in a more sensible way.

What a selfish complaint. no one makes you look at them, go into the category you want, use filters.

The character presets sit around 2000-7000 downloads each. people like and download them so plenty of people don't think they are 'trash'

They are keeping mod tools close to the chest until they fix the game and add features that are missing. Well features they are willing to add.

Characters are always the first mods up. It's lame but people do it. I remember modding Morrowwind. It was just after Waterloo... Lol! I do remember it... I changed the starting area to have all the gear I wanted so I started off OP. Later I built a "haunted house". Those were the days...

First full mod I made was in Source 2.0. Gosh that was 15 years ago... It's amazing what a game or engine will inspire when it's done well.

Sorry trying to change the subject to something that makes me happy. :LOL:

What games have you guys modded? What was your first mod? What would you mod in this game? An arm mounted grappling hook. GET OVER HERE!! Swing from building to building. Bind enemies Mando style. Hang them from crossbeams. Like predator. Go fishing...

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/519?tab=posts&BH=1 I found this homophobe mod and I report it. It doesn't make sense to me.

Get off your social justice high horse. There is nothing homophobic about that mod. Why are you trying to make something out of nothing? For attention?

Nothing about the mod itself, its description or any comments of the mod author are anyhting even remotely close to even sort of almost kind of being homophobic.

*Shakes head slowly*

We do already have some really good effective mods on nexus and some of these are being upgraded and improved weekly. I have already modded for nudity, third person view, better vehicle handling, cyber engine tweeks (adds console), improved ENB style reshades, clothing collection batches, and more. It will not be long before we have companion mods, bespoke clothing, weapons, textures, new vehicles and much more. I have a 300+ mod Skyrim game so am aware how much CB2077 could be improved.

There is however, yes already an existing backlash and demand call on Nexus forums itself for removing the literal flood of 'V Presets' and 'Save Games' which are NOT mods as they are just made with the normal in-game systems. Most Nexus users want these removed or listed in some separate category.

Crack that whip ;)

There's typically always a ton of "here's my character" and other save "mods" when new games come out.
a flood of ENBs are also a usual thing to see.

Hopefully, it'll get better as time goes on, and extra-hopefully, CDPR will toss the Modding community a bone and release some tools for modders.

We've seen how very much a game can be fixed, and improved with Skyrim. That game was forever ago, and there's STILL people that mod it, and play it.

CDPR would do a great and fantastic service to the game if they opened up modding support as early as they can. I think it could take a fantastic amount of pressure off of CDPR if content creators were churning outtons of the amazing things we've seen with other games, and all the youtubers woudl have so much more to make videos about instead of constant critiques.

I've just ignored tags "reshade" and "character preset" on Nexus, so I don't see all this stuff now, only actual mods appear in the news

Now I just need one mod, which is a mod that unlock secret ending for me.

Can't believe there is no room of mistake for unlock secret ending, render all other choice pointless.

You can already do this fairly easy :)

1. install the cp2077 tools to be able to use the cmdprompt in game
2. open the command line in game and type `Game.SetDebugFact("sq032_johnny_friend",1)` , without the backticks

Enjoy the secret ending, it's a blast

Well, what are you waiting for? Go make some killer mods!!!
Start with Car customizations
then do ...
Weapons
Gear
and a new quests.
Come on, what are waiting for?

Modders can't do much at the moment, as no official tools are published. You should be thankful, that quite a few people have developed basic tools in their freetime for everyone to use. There are discord servers for modders. And there are quite some good mods out already, in the limit imposed by the tools available.
On nexus, a lot of people complained about these presets and they have now some rules to follow and must be tagged appropriatly, so one can filter them out of search results.
As for people's entitlement towards mod-authors, i will never get this, if you want something and it isn't there, do it yourself. As did i, made a mod for myself and published. Modders work mostly for free and invest a lot of time and energy, for others to enjoy their work. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom