RIP Monster faction.

+
I've been in pro for the past 4-5 seasons now (started in april).

More specifically, I reached pro with frost this season.

Imlerith to defend a round 2 bleed is a terrible idea. NR, SK,NG will just nuke it into orbit. Non devo decks could just yeetwave/reset you.

Re allocating the prov allocated to imlerith doesnt mean you have nekkers in your deck. It means you might be able to afford an extra goliath and striga.

Or a detlaf, and with a few changes to.some bronzes, you now have a 15 point play.

Doesnt matter howyouspin, every alternative is better than imlerith.

Unless you think he's just too pretty.
this is my deck, it already runs goliath and striga. it's not made to be truly competetive but a thematic list and honestly even gameplay-wise there is not much else in monsters that makes alot of sense for this list (changing imlerith). oddly enough I think tatterwing could be okay :giveup: you can obviously make a better deck than this, but with switching cards to be competetive it will totally lose its wild hunt identity imo and be a generic pile of the best MO cards. I guess yghern would also work pretty well but I like the fact that I dont have to play goliath since it can screw with dominance really bad when it gets killed^^

Imlerith to defend a round 2 bleed is a terrible idea. NR, SK,NG will just nuke it into orbit. Non devo decks could just yeetwave/reset you.

Re allocating the prov allocated to imlerith doesnt mean you have nekkers in your deck. It means you might be able to afford an extra goliath and striga.

Or a detlaf, and with a few changes to.some bronzes, you now have a 15 point play.

He is too pretty indeed man, ya know it, the succubus on his feet agrees aswell ! :ohstopit::coolstory::beer:

this is my deck, it already runs goliath and striga. it's not made to be truly competetive but a thematic list and honestly even gameplay-wise there is not much else in monsters that makes alot of sense for this list (changing imlerith). oddly enough I think tatterwing could be okay :giveup: you can obviously make a better deck than this, but with switching cards to be competetive it will totally lose its wild hunt identity imo and be a generic pile of the best MO cards. I guess yghern would also work pretty well but I like the fact that I dont have to play goliath since it can screw with dominance really bad when it gets killed^^

Yeah, well I get the identity part but MO is in a bad spot.

There is literally 1 competitive deck, which is exactly that, a mish mash of our best cards with the OH/deathwish package.

I really wanted frost to work, but there is no room for it.

The top decks just passively outpoint you while having 3 timesyour amount of removal.

Which I guess is the point of this whole thread: rip monsters.

I think you misinterpreted. Didn't say anything about using Imlerith to bleed in R2. That all depends on your opponents strategy. I've used him in that scenario, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Detlaff is no more a guarantee than he is when you have to use all your OH charges in a single turn, they all have their weaknesses and I've already said he's not a good card so the "pretty" comment is just silly. Anyhow from your tone it seems you believe your strategy is the end all so let's leave it at that.
Post automatically merged:

Looks good, just feels like an auto loss in NG matchups but as you said there's not really much else at the moment

Looks good, just feels like an auto loss in NG matchups but as you said there's not really much else at the moment
not really, the 3 veil charges help quite a lot keeping stuff like eredin or nithral alive (who is SUCH a pain for the opponent if he lives). also I usually dont give very good invo targets early for my opponent to replay. conquerors having veil is also rly nice against ng. the decks that shreds me the most are shieldwall and natures gift, it's impossible to keep dominance against smart opponents plus they heavily outpoint me even if I keep dominance :shrug: passiflora is also difficult

not really, the 3 veil charges help quite a lot keeping stuff like eredin or nithral alive (who is SUCH a pain for the opponent if he lives). also I usually dont give very good invo targets early for my opponent to replay. conquerors having veil is also rly nice against ng. the decks that shreds me the most are shieldwall and natures gift, it's impossible to keep dominance against smart opponents plus they heavily outpoint me even if I keep dominance :shrug: passiflora is also difficult

Nice deck man, I like it, yeah Nithral is a "monster" :coolstory: when he's veiled and boosted.
I made an almost unitless Carapace neutral deck with boost cards and some others and he can actually carry a round almost on his own ! :howdy:

- The sad thing is that it's hard to keep him alive on a deck that has a lot if units...

Nice deck man, I like it, yeah Nithral is a "monster" :coolstory: when he's veiled and boosted.
I made an almost unitless Carapace neutral deck with boost cards and some others and he can actually carry a round almost on his own ! :howdy:

- The sad thing is that it's hard to keep him alive on deck that has alot if units...
thanks mate! I recently made a crones organic list with arachas swarm, inspired by the new natures gift archetype. kind of sad if I compare the power level of those two archetypes xD cards with a tag that made them spawn an additional drone with every organic played would be SO strong though xD tag "hive": spawn a drone whenever you play an organic special card. :smart: keep them drones poppin

thanks mate! I recently made a crones organic list with arachas swarm, inspired by the new natures gift archetype. kind of sad if I compare the power level of those two archetypes xD cards with a tag that made them spawn an additional drone with every organic played would be SO strong though xD tag "hive": spawn a drone whenever you play an organic special card. :smart: keep them drones poppin

I love my Kiki Queen with FoN, but yeah I get what you like about it, just pray that you don't end up against a rat abuser ...no space in your side of the board...
I consider that deck to be despicable, even worse than any NG shenanigans... well, almost... i loathe with a burning passion the Cahir+LethoCopycat combo.

- There should be a summon card to get the old Ethereal on the board when you see that Cahir combo, then we see who's exploiting/abusing who.

Last edited:
I love my Kiki Queen with FoN, but yeah I get what you like about it, just pray that you don't end up against a rat abuser ...no space in your side of the board...
I consider that deck to be despicable, even worse than any NG shenanigans... well, almost... i loathe with a burning passion the Cahir+LethoCopycat combo.

- There should be a summon card to get the old Ethereal on the board when you see that Cahir combo, then we see who's exploiting/abusing who.
they could create new cards similar to lonely champion for that deck or other ways to profit from the tokens^^

Really trying to get my MO deck to work. Not easy after the nerfs.

I think I have a 30% win rate right now with the only faction that I can possibly beat being NG, which isn't saying much. LOL
Post automatically merged:

CDPR basically hinted that they'll be buffing NG...I hope they remember MO in the next balance patch too.

Last edited:
Well, i am just playing A LOT of MO meme decks and having a lot of fun.

In fact, i am winning in ranked games.

I should have made 4 diferent decks with diferent leader abillity and thats amazing

Sadly I have to agree. Monster are super easy to counter. You can not rely on any engine. I think we changes should be made here like;
- Nithral, prov. Cost from 8 to 7 and deal 2 damage regardless domination.
- Ghoul, prov. Cost from 6 to 5.
- Ethereal, either change the order ability to previous deploy ability or reduce the prov. Cost to 6.
- Drowner, damage by 3 instead.

Feel free to add more.

Skellige, Scoiatel and NR is ruling so hard now. They also need to be toned down. Monsters are far and far away from being good right now.

Just made a WF deck, i included "Ge'els" and "Naglfar" aswell as the "usual suspecs" Yghren, Golyat and the insatiable Ozzy.

- I've changed my mind about Ge'els, I think he's worth the price if you include Ard Gaeth aswell, with a little bit of luck he can make it really really consistent for ya and even proc your
1power thrive units... :ohstopit:

- I managed to beat some NR decks (one SW, with Anseis only) and got a draw win against an SK deck...
Lost to a Passiflora Hidden Cache on R3 cause I didn't bleed him good on R2.
Will try the deck on ranked (11) and let ya guys know !

- It certainly feels like WF needs a little boost tbh be it by boosting somehow the WH units or at least give King Auberon the ability to create a WH unit from your deck, we deserve that at least... he's been nerfed twice...

Last edited:
Also King alberon should back to 6 power points.

Since a lot of the bronze cards He create needs dominance, 6 points Will help in that

I had to remove him from my MO deck...the double nerf was just too much.

I am shocked that NR's Viraxis got NO nerf. Doesn't make any sense that MO's evolving card got hit twice.

I decided to try out a carapice deck as an alternative and boy....I've never encountered this many lockdown decks since the previous expansion. Very few encounters with NR who I built the deck to counter and instead a swarm of NG.

I decided to try out a carapice deck as an alternative and boy....I've never encountered this many lockdown decks since the previous expansion. Very few encounters with NR who I built the deck to counter and instead a swarm of NG.

You know, I've been experiencing this too.

Facing lots and lots of NG with my poor underpowered MO deck.

Just want to say i've been winning a lot with MO drone deck filled with organic cards.
At what rank? Organic has been my main since I've been playing the game. I've tweaked it with every nerf MO has received and it's playable but in pro ladder it's not very competitive. I often forfeit in R2 because it's terrible in a short Round and I know if I've lost based on R1. It's decent against NG because they don't do well against wide play but even that is situational. SK and ST will more often than not completely trash it and NR will out point it.

Top Bottom