RIP Monster faction.

+
Only Frost deck will be viable after 7.2 patch and its only low T2 but super expensive, not even worth to craft.

Ethereal is practicaly a 8 Provision 4 points card now.....even for 4 provision it would be useles.

Would be nice if you delete MO faction out of the game and give us the scrap for the deleted cards, so we all can play the 1 deck you want us to play....Uprising NR. ;)

Only Frost deck will be viable after 7.2 patch and its only low T2 but super expensive, not even worth to craft.

Ethereal is practicaly a 8 Provision 4 points card now.....even for 4 provision it would be useles.

Would be nice if you delete MO faction out of the game and give us the scrap for the deleted cards, so we all can play the 1 deck you want us to play....Uprising NR. ;)

You mean shield wall. I disagree about MO not being viable. It’s just not viable in the pro ranks. Specifically because Shieldwall and locks to counter Shieldwall will see 90% play with SK getting the other 10%.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I agreee (and pretty much everyone else i saw agrees too) that MO is gonna be much weaker, probably at the bottom from tomorrow on.

But i disagree Frost will be MO's strongest deck, i think O.Hunger and consume/DW decks are gonna be the best MO has, since they are not really affected by these nerfs.

ya1

Forum regular
You greatly overestimate locks. There already is a lock leader - Imposter - and it's imo better than Imprisonment, and not much ever came out of it in competitive Gwent.

All things considered, I think NG actually fell lower than MO. MO still got that OH devotion list that's somewhat ok. NG didn't lose decks but got senseless Reddit-inspired nerfs across the board that made it a strong competitor for the worst faction.

You greatly overestimate locks. There already is a lock leader - Imposter - and it's imo better than Imprisonment, and not much ever came out of it in competitive Gwent.

All things considered, I think NG actually fell lower than MO. MO still got that OH devotion list that's somewhat ok. NG didn't lose decks but got senseless Reddit-inspired nerfs across the board that made it a strong competitor for the worst faction.

Imprisonment will counter Shieldwall to a small degree. You cannot block the 2 point buff that Shieldwall gives but you can shut down two of the engines while killing the shield. Still, NR will run rampant until CDPR fixes their mess.

I musta missed all the "senseless reddit-inspired" NG nerfs "across the board." All I saw was the 1-point vincent nerf and the loss of a charge off IF, offset by provision increase. Was there a lot more?

ya1

Forum regular
Imprisonment will counter Shieldwall to a small degree.

Triple Kerack and Egmund. And Crystal Skull. Boom, what locks? While NG got their grand 5 for 4 and 4 for 5 (and all of their top end golds nerfed because Johnathan from rank 26 couldn't handle it and wrote x pages of Reddit rants under different aliases), NR got easy 7 for 4 and boost payoffs. So engines is just a part of it. NR got plenty point slams if they want it. Anseis + Viraxis is like 40 points now (good upgrade from Viraxis + Elephant at exactly 30). And Anseis is now the best control card in the game. In order to conceal the Shieldwall stupidity, they'll probably nerf his formation and forget the fact that Seltkirk exists. Or something. You can expect anything. They nerfed Eithne after all...

Was there a lot more?

Brathens power nerfed and defender made entirely morgvarkable. That and IF nerf is a lot plus 2 points off Vincent. NG now doesn't have a decent leader basically.

Last edited:
Triple Kerack and Egmund. And Crystal Skull. Boom, what locks? While NG got their grand 5 for 4 and 4 for 5 (and all of their top end golds nerfed because Johnathan from rank 26 couldn't handle it and wrote x pages of Reddit rants under different aliases), NR got easy 7 for 4 and boost payoffs. So engines is just a part of it. NR got plenty point slams if they want it. Anseis + Viraxis is like 40 points now (good upgrade from Viraxis + Elephant at exactly 30). And Anseis is now the best control card in the game. In order to conceal the Shieldwall stupidity, they'll probably nerf his formation and forget the fact that Seltkirk exists. Or something. You can expect anything. They nerfed Eithne after all...

Brathens power nerfed and defender made entirely morgvarkable. That and IF nerf is a lot plus 2 points off Vincent. NG now doesn't have a decent leader basically.

NR has been a mid range power house for quite a while. Their best legendaries are not as devastating as some other faction legendaries, but their bronzes play for way more power than provision more often than not. We agree this got worse with Shieldwall. Moreover, we agree that veil will compound the problem. I think the answer is to remove formation and zeal completely from NR. Literally no zeal at all including zeal by orders. That still won’t fix the problem but I think it is where they go next. Also, I can see them using limit caps like they did for great sword. Otherwise the imbalance will grow.

I musta missed all the "senseless reddit-inspired" NG nerfs "across the board." All I saw was the 1-point vincent nerf and the loss of a charge off IF, offset by provision increase. Was there a lot more?
You didn't miss anything. Anyone who says "NG fell lower than MO" you know is saying nonsense. Strategic Withdrawal will have about the same effect as the first SK nerf, NG players will just move to another leader. They have leaders with synergy across Archetypes so this doesn't hurt them in the slightest. Don't forget, even with lockdown NG is still one of the strongest factions and locks just became more powerful than ever, their deck isn't dependent on their leader as some factions like MO are.

Secondly the devs don't give a damn about reddit posts. If they did then these wouldn't be the changes. I want to take @ya1 seriously but he just sounds like he just regurgitates what his favorite streamer says instead of looking at the actual meta.

Last edited:

This is ridiculous. NG still has the best leaders in the game. And it’s nerf was light compared to SK and especially MO. SK May have needed it; monsters did not. Ethereal (or at least the fruits-Ethereal combination) needed to be slightly nerfed, but Ethereal should never have been changed to a boring and utterly useless card. Vincent, on the other hand was getting stronger and stronger as more statuses were added, and one might argue that the lowered provision cost is almost worth the lost strength. NG, whether OP or not, is rife with game ruining cards. NG probably needs a buff as a whole, but it has close to a dozen very binary cards which should just disappear.

Gyg

Forum regular
Triple Kerack and Egmund. And Crystal Skull. Boom, what locks?
You can always purify them to lock them later. If NR will run rampart people will start puting Lacerate into decks - it counters fregates pretty hard and is good against other decks.

I agreee (and pretty much everyone else i saw agrees too) that MO is gonna be much weaker, probably at the bottom from tomorrow on.

But i disagree Frost will be MO's strongest deck, i think O.Hunger and consume/DW decks are gonna be the best MO has, since they are not really affected by these nerfs.

Monster now have the same problem like NG....they have to include the scenario in most of the decks to generate enough points but at the same time they're more vulnerable than NG.

And yes O.Hunger and consume/DW are theoreticaly strong but practicaly get hard countered by almost all decks, even before 7.2....simply bcs you dont need much to counter them and the same counter cards are useful vs NG and SY (Heatwave, Bomb Heaver, Yrden, etc....those cards will be auto pick in 7.2 bcs they guarantee autowin vs half of the factions now).

NR has been a mid range power house for quite a while. Their best legendaries are not as devastating as some other faction legendaries, but their bronzes play for way more power than provision more often than not. We agree this got worse with Shieldwall. Moreover, we agree that veil will compound the problem. I think the answer is to remove formation and zeal completely from NR. Literally no zeal at all including zeal by orders. That still won’t fix the problem but I think it is where they go next. Also, I can see them using limit caps like they did for great sword. Otherwise the imbalance will grow.
Those are like the only things NR has that gives them any sense of faction identity. Removing them altogether because of a stupidly broken leader seems excessive.

Gyg

Forum regular
Removing Zeal will make NR auto-lose against any heavy control deck. Better to think how to remove bad interaction with shields of few units.

So a neutral card gets changed and now the monster faction should be deleted? If that's the case then maybe there was a major design flaw with the faction, or it's not the case and someone is just salty that the deck they crafted won't have the promised winrate anymore. Anyway, maybe wait a bit until the good players make a good monster deck and then you can copy that.

Those are like the only things NR has that gives them any sense of faction identity. Removing them altogether because of a stupidly broken leader seems excessive.

The faction identity is order and engines. Formation is free inspiration. Zeal makes them too dangerous too often. Duel is a strong ability. They have at least 7 cards that have perpetual boosts. They have conversion with the revenants. Siege engine synergy. I am sorry, but your point is exaggerated. NR has been top tier since homecoming because they dominate mid range and then get power creep golds. It’s true that their absolute best cards play for a few less points then the absolute best of other factions, but simply put, they have too many weapons. Even without shield wall.

homecoming is about 2,5 yaers old by now? half the time NR was a greedy option for people who also like loosing big money at roulette. only after rework - inclusion of formation- NR holds its spot in top3

homecoming is about 2,5 yaers old by now? half the time NR was a greedy option for people who also like loosing big money at roulette. only after rework - inclusion of formation- NR holds its spot in top3

Look at the power creep before the leader reshuffle. How many options does NR have to boost units from deck (not talking about hand, just deck.) How many engines can a faction be expected to control. You have multiple duel units with evolution card that refreshes duel. You have multiple 1 point engines and now have multiple 2 point engines. Veil blocks locks and now shield blocks removal. SK got all the attention after MM, but NR was also power creeped. Formation is not necessary anymore. Nor is zeal. Order is plenty powerful.

Top Bottom