RIP Monster faction.

+
MO got me to pro-rank, but I think MO is pretty much Tier 2, as they are not as strong as SK, NR, ST, or a well-piloted SY.

I think they have a good chance of beating NG.

This is pretty much echoed in Team Elder Blood's latest meta snapshot that they released on 10/09/2020:

I really dunno why they took of death shadows

It was a gr at leader abilitty
I really don't either. If they're going to punish the Auberon deck then how come Northern Realms and Nilfgaard haven't also been punished? Or at least give us a replacement of equal power.

Fun looking back at this thread now that it's apparent Overwhelming Hunger can play this game like it's single-player just playing with their own board and still absolutely dominate pro-rank.

rrc

Forum veteran
Can we close this thread please as this thread is not relevant anymore? MO is bloody strong (by which I mean, MO has one leader which is bloody strong and in the leagues of SK and SW). Having one playable leader/deck is the most we can expect from Gwent and in that regard MO-OH is in top 3 and has been on the top consistently. What more can MO players want?

Can we close this thread please as this thread is not relevant anymore? MO is bloody strong (by which I mean, MO has one leader which is bloody strong and in the leagues of SK and SW). Having one playable leader/deck is the most we can expect from Gwent and in that regard MO-OH is in top 3 and has been on the top consistently. What more can MO players want?

MO is actually behind SK, NR, and ST. A well-piloted SY will also beat MO, but SY is very hard to pilot.

MO is actually behind SK, NR, and ST. A well-piloted SY will also beat MO, but SY is very hard to pilot.
It really isn't. Overwhelming Hunger is incredibly strong, definitely in the same league as Skellige Warriors, Shield Wall, and the other broken decks, and honestly, the differences between Tier 1 and 2 are basically nonexistent anyway. Really, the only reason that Monsters (and also Northern Realms) were considered bad a few months ago is because everyone was playing Poison Nilfgaard, and that matchup was an almost guaranteed loss for Monsters. Now that Nilfgaard has fallen from favor, Monsters seems to have taken over, becoming one of the most played factions.

Fun looking back at this thread now that it's apparent Overwhelming Hunger can play this game like it's single-player just playing with their own board and still absolutely dominate pro-rank.

I used to be a predominantly MO player before I switched to SK a couple of weeks ago. I crafted some MO cards to give the new OH meta a shot and the single player aspect bugged me so much! My board was often full, and I almost never had a response to even a 4p opponent engine (eventually I put in Parasite and Striga because 0 control deck was not my cup of tea).

Team Elder Blood's Wild Scenario Hybrid is a good example of a single player deck. Werecat, Miruna and Ard Gaeth are the only 3 cards that interact with the opponent's side of the board. Now I'm not saying this is a bad thing. IMO every faction should be allowed to have their own flavor, so MO Point Slam is just as fine as control heavy NG. Just saying the deck felt very weird to play if you've played any kind of control previously.

I'll say few words about ongoing discussion and my experience with factions. I personally play with Syndicate faction (which brings me more wins than any other factions and cards I tried) and I most time when I'm dealing against Monsters, I defeat them easily (usually). However, factions that I have a hard time to defeat are Skellige, Northern Realms and Nilfgaard. Skellige aggravates me more than any other faction with it's annoying cards. Northern Realms are also very annoying with "Temerian Drummer", "Tridam Infantry" and boosting cards, especially with "Vysogota" which seems way too powerful card. And Nilfgaard's locks and poison are also hard to deal with my Syndicate faction. These are my experiences with factions.

Top Bottom