River Prison Jumpsuit Explaination

+
DISREGARD SCROLL DOWN TO SEE ACTUAL REASON

A lot has been going on about the "Object Appearance Changer" mod showing River in a prison jumpsuit. Using "CP77Tools" I've uncovered objectives relating to a cut side quest that I think explains it.

Here's the text:
  • Call River for the Search Warrant
  • Call River Ward
  • Find James Sutton's adress in the database
  • Inspect the dead killer's implant
  • Play the autopsy recording
  • Learn the identity of your killer
  • Go to the Arasaka Operative Processing Clinic
  • Leave the Morgue
  • Find your way out of the morgue
  • Locate your killer's corpse in the facility
  • Call River Ward to tell him the killer's identity
  • Search the dissection room
  • Watch the autopsy holorecording
  • Get to the flat
  • Pick the photo from the trash
  • Search the flat
  • Search for clues in James Sutton's flat
  • Talk to River Ward
  • Follow Locke
  • Follow River Ward
  • Get information about the rest of the squad
  • Go to the prison
  • Interrogate the prisoner
  • Talk to Locke
  • Talk with River Ward
  • Talk to the prison employee
From this I'm guessing that it was a quest where River dresses up as a prisoner to gain access to a witness to a crime(s).

Link to mods:
Object Appearance Changer: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/775
CP77Tools: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/8

Last edited:
Makes me wonder how many quests they cut from Panam, Judy and Kerry as well

Update:
Can't find anything for Judy, Kerry, or Panam.

A shame it was cut cause from the objectives it sounds like a pretty damn interesting quest.

Yeah, I think the prison was cut because of bugs last minute. You can get into it and see some guards and prisoners in the yard. Maybe they'll add it later?

Here's some more text I found on a potential game mechanic that was cut:
Code:
¨UI-Cyberpunk-Tooltips-JAILBREAK_PROGRESS
 "   [OBSOLETE]JAILBREAK PROGRESS:
    Š[OBSOLETE]   
     v

Very interesting find!

Can you by any chance find out if any related resources (such as sound files, models, scripts etc.) are still left in the files as well?
So they could perhaps bring it back finished in the future?

Last edited:
Very interesting find!

Can you by any chance find out if any related resources (such as sound files, models, scripts etc.) are still left in the files as well?
So they could perhaps bring it back finished in the future?

Yeah, I've only just started data-mining, but I'll report anything I find. I have all the sound files extracted (again thanks to
CP77Tools!) but there's over 100,000 sound files. They're all labelled by character and if you're lucky they have some vague title on what they are about, so possible but would take awhile to go through.

If anyone is interested I could post some merged audio clips. Like everything 5 or 6 npcs say, or maybe everything V says.
Post automatically merged:

UPDATE:
I may have been(read: was) mistaken about the reason River has a Prison Jumpsuit. Going through the audio I found hints at an ending credits Holocall he makes from holding.

It goes something like this:
He gets into a fight at a bar because someone makes some comments he disagrees with(no spoilers). He asks you to bail him out, and he's being held in the Little China Precinct.

Anyone ever get ending credits holocall?

Last edited:
Yeah, I've only just started data-mining, but I'll report anything I find. I have all the sound files extracted (again thanks to
CP77Tools!) but there's over 100,000 sound files. They're all labelled by character and if you're lucky they have some vague title on what they are about, so possible but would take awhile to go through.

If anyone is interested I could post some merged audio clips. Like everything 5 or 6 npcs say, or maybe everything V says.

UPDATE:
I may have been(read: was) mistaken about the reason River has a Prison Jumpsuit. Going through the audio I found hints at an ending credits Holocall he makes from holding.

It goes something like this:
He gets into a fight at a bar because someone makes some comments he disagrees with(no spoilers). He asks you to bail him out, and he's being held in the Little China Precinct.

Anyone ever get ending credits holocall?

Ahh that's the voicemail if you don't complete his quests.

Ahh that's the voicemail if you don't complete his quests.

Is this the voicemail if you don't do the "follow the river" quest, or "the hunt" quest? Because in it he mentions the
farm that randy was on
Which is something you only find out if you do all but the last quest.
I've heard if you leave half way though "The Hunt" quest River dies.

Here's the audio

Side note: His name in most files is "Sobchak"

Is it possible this the holocall if you do all the quests and do the "one night stand" romance option? If so, this makes the mystery of River's prison jumpsuit hilarious. The only people who are really curious why he's in a jumpsuit, are the ones that never would of found out. All the River fangirls out there would never "hit it and quit it" with River. I'm almost tempted to sleep with him to find out.

Anyone care to fill in? I'm a straight male, and testing this would require a blind-fold for me.

Last edited:
LOL

I'm pretty sure it plays if you don't find the correct farm but not 100% sure.

Oh! I didn't even know that was a possibility! I'm looking at some walkthoughs now, and I'm reading that there are some things you can miss and go to the wrong farm. I would of never figured this out.

Thanks for the info!
Do you remember if he is wearing an orange jumpsuit during the holocall?

NCPDs & Militech seems to get a lot of cut imo. It's even more weird since they have more defensive guard NPCs around NC & outside NC too (for Militech mercs). I guess this is probably why Meredith Stout & River arcs are way shorter than the rest of important side characters.

Top Bottom