River

+
I love River's character and his story. Definitely felt unfinished and I hope they fix it with a patch or DLC... something. You get to tell Panam, Judy and even Kerry of your condition but you don't tell River anything? In one of the endings you wake up together and he seemingly knows but... wtf happened?

Recommended tips for male romance for female players: Alistar - Dragon Age Origins
There will never be another Alistar it seems. Which breaks my heart. I keep expecting something just as emotionally immersive but alas... that game remains unique in this regard. Danse in Fallout 4 wasn't terrible but still not close to DAO. Take notes RED... take notes.

I love River's character and his story. Definitely felt unfinished and I hope they fix it with a patch or DLC... something. You get to tell Panam, Judy and even Kerry of your condition but you don't tell River anything? In one of the endings you wake up together and he seemingly knows but... wtf happened?
You can tell about your condition in the morning after the sex scene, however it would be better when the chip malfunctions on the water tower and River doesn't even notice V on her knees cursing the situation, he goes on talking about the view.

Recommended tips for male romance for female players: Alistar - Dragon Age Origins
I don't agree with you on this, for me Alistar was the worst male romance I have ever had in a game, thus my avatar, but preferences I guess... :shrug:

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from the het male romanceable character, and when I saw River I wasn't terribly impressed (his eye implant looks like it came straight from 2023, what's up with that? Don't NCPD cops at least get decent health insurance?), but once I started his quest line, and I got to Following the River, I really did like him. He came on a little too strong for how little he had been in the game by that point, but yeah, it's video game time, I can give him a pass on that. It was really sad that there's almost no content at all after that, and the endings I played where I chose to call him were just sad or ambiguously depressing. Meanwhile, the "good" ending has my V cuddling up with Panam romantically in the final scene, even if Judy came along. I really hope CDPR is listening to feedback from players on this, Dream On and The Hunt were great quests and it would have been really nice if we could have gotten a couple more quests with River to make his screen time more balanced with the other romanceable characters. Oh well. At least I got a free tank top and an awesome gun.

It was really sad that there's almost no content at all after that, and the endings I played where I chose to call him were just sad or ambiguously depressing. Meanwhile, the "good" ending has my V cuddling up with Panam romantically in the final scene, even if Judy came along.

I also found this cuddling with Panam super awkward! I did her quest chain really early in my playthrough so I also had not seen her character in ages. Didn't realize it happens even if you romance and bring Judy with you. Poor Judy!

It also kinda threw salt into the wound after River's depressing endings. Really rubbed in your face what they wrote for male players lol.

Top Bottom