Roadmap Stream 04.12.2019

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Join us tomorrow at 6PM CET at twitch.tv/cdprojektred for the roadmap overview stream! Paweł Burza and Jason Slama will be recapping 2019 and talking about what's to come for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game in 2020!

See you there!

Please please @Burza46 make blitz games a regular mode in Gwent, sometimes, a man in a hurry just aches to play some gwent without having to quit half way the game! Pretty pleeeease!

I am interested in trying this mode. Didn't bother the first time with how long the animations took.

Are we finally getting Wraiths, Noonwraiths, Nightwraiths, a Wild Hunt rework, Dagon and/or Jacques de Aldersberg ?

Last edited:
What I hope is a lot of balancing. Maybe a return to more original abilities instead of general ones with small differences. A big reword of provision bonus, with much more range between different abilities. A downgrade of defenders' strength to make them easier to deal with.
I really hope a new extension is not coming too soon. I love to see/discover/get new cards and test new things, but the game needs to be balanced before, not to leave all the oldest cards completely behind.
Post automatically merged:

And yes, an always available blitz mode, or a reduction of the turn time in classic modes (to 30 sec or 1 min) would be amazing.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Havent commented here in over a month, but after this stream it feels like the right time.

After 2 months without proper balances and almost no communication from the dev team we get an almost 1 hour stream and they dont even mention the gameplay changes coming next week?

Also discontinuing console support seems like a major blow. I wont be affected but i imagine the console communities wont be happy with this at all. And we know new expansions are coming but no new factions.

Im sorry, but all this vanities and QoL and esports talk, i dont give a crap. We have 36 leader abilities and 4 of them make up for 80% of the matches, and we are just gonna ignore that and pretend the game is balanced?

Haven't been able to watch it, can someone summarise? Except that they killed consoles, that I already know. Thanks in advance

Haven't been able to watch it, can someone summarise? Except that they killed consoles, that I already know. Thanks in advance

You didn't miss anything.
I guess the biggest news (other than console) is that they will add Gascon as a leader skin which is available to all factions.

I expected a more specific roadmap...with release dates, expansion titles, etc. I am a bit dissapointed.
Android Version: it was okay with release date.
New Expansions: release date missing, title/theme missing we got nothing ("coming fast" is not for a roadmap)
E-Sport: I'm not interested, but I know, it's important for Gwent...I expected, they will speak much more about the new format...the pro players are waiting since months...I don't know if they are satisfied with that much info...
Arena Rework: no release date, not much about the plans...
Monthly Updates: will continue (thank God :) )
More Vanities: only one leader skin shown...a little too few
Holiday Events: in two weeks...but I really wanted a little hint about that...

Well, mostly good news, but i hoped they would say few words about upcoming balance update.
I¨m glad they decided to revisit existing archetipes instead creating new ones.

Guest 4368268

Havent commented here in over a month, but after this stream it feels like the right time.

After 2 months without proper balances and almost no communication from the dev team we get an almost 1 hour stream and they dont even mention the gameplay changes coming next week?

Also discontinuing console support seems like a major blow. I wont be affected but i imagine the console communities wont be happy with this at all. And we know new expansions are coming but no new factions.

Im sorry, but all this vanities and QoL and esports talk, i dont give a crap. We have 36 leader abilities and 4 of them make up for 80% of the matches, and we are just gonna ignore that and pretend the game is balanced?
A certain portion of the community doesn't really seem to care about the gameplay (Reddit) they hear there'll be pretty new cardbacks and a leader skin and they're satisfied. Unfortunately, these are the people the development team is catering to. Saves them effort. Keeps people that buy a lot of vanities happy, because they're pleased as long as it remains easy to play/reach pro rank.

When I heard about a roadmap coming (and this season lasting longer) I had some hope that for both the close and distant future there'd be some drastic gameplay changes. Instead it's just a recap (which I personally don't find remotely interesting, I'm aware of what's happened) and of course the big blow to console players. The Witcher has received well deserved praise for not shoving in micro transactions and putting gameplay first, I wish post-HC Gwent would have followed that line.

So basicly not much concrete and the archtype that is in most need (Wild Hunt) does not get a planned rework (although at the very least they confirmed that they are not satisfied with them at all).
The new cardbacks are thus far the best ones (especially better than the animated ones).
A new cardtype in (items?) sounds interesting, as does the fact that binary artifact removal will get removed and that artifacts will be balanced with uninteractability in mind (and focusing an expansion on supporting existing archtypes).

Last edited:
Top Bottom