Roadmap + Update 8.3 Overview Video

+
@CD PROJEKT RED Please hire @OneWhoCravesSouls as a community manager. (S)he has been doing the job of CMs on this forum for a long time. This is a sincere request.

BTW, does anyone know what does "12 Card Drop" and EPx.y mean?
Well I guess there are worse jobs to do, but I kind of doubt that my English writing skills are good enough for being a community manager.

The 12 Card drop refers to the mini Card drop they announced earlier this year mostly containing old Leader Card's, the EP x.y most likely means that they are splitting the next expansion release over several months, not so sure how this will work exactly, but they will probably talk about it in the upcoming video.

Holly shit, SK will be the meta again.

Lockdown reworked, finaly

EDIT: in fact all the factions are with new good cards, i dunno if SK will be the meta

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Saw the overview video, here are my thoughts:

-First of all, before i get to the gameplay part, i want to say its nice to see all this amazing leader card art return, but it sucks that we had them as premium when they were leaders, we lost them when they were replaced by 3D leader models, and now we'll have to get them in premium again... since they're all legendary, 12x800= 9600 MPowder, that's a LOT of powder for something we already had :giveup:

-Its great to get new cards outside of expansions - Trivia: since HC started, on October '18, we only had 3 cards released outside expansions: Hemdall, shortly after HC started; and more recently Alzur and Madoc, before and after WotW.
Also, even better that they're buffing "weaker" archetypes like Pirates, Dwarves and Vampires.

-Its funny that Slama talked about powercreep and how they wanted to bring weaker cards to the same level, on the first part of the video... then they go and introduce 12 OP cards (maybe not all 12, but most of em) and the reworked bronzes to combo with them, also really strong.

-Most of these 12 Legendary cards are really strong, and are engines you NEED to deal with or you most likely lose, like Kolgrim or Gezras. However, most of these are 7pts or more, outside of removal range from all bronze specials, and you only have one Heatwave (unlike NG which has Heatwave no.2 a.k.a. Yen Invo). This might be an indirect way to push locks to the meta even more, after last balance patch, i know i will be using Dorregaray+Faction Lock on most of my decks...

(EDIT) Also, i noticed most of these new cards have really long texts, i have to admit i had some trouble envisioning how they would work right off the bat. However i maintain my position most of them will be really powerful and will strongly affect the meta.

-First of all, before i get to the gameplay part, i want to say its nice to see all this amazing leader card art return, but it sucks that we had them as premium when they were leaders, we lost them when they were replaced by 3D leader models, and now we'll have to get them in premium again... since they're all legendary, 12x800= 9600 MPowder, that's a LOT of powder for something we already had :giveup:

Was thinking the same about this.

While I am always happy to pile on CDPR and some of its choice, If I remember correctly these cards were milled with a full refund. So you now have a chance to repurchase them...for the 3rd time.

Since even when unlocked as skins, you still had to pay RP to get to the individual leader trees.

While I am always happy to pile on CDPR and some of its choice, If I remember correctly these cards were milled with a full refund. So you now have a chance to repurchase them...for the 3rd time.

Since even when unlocked as skins, you still had to pay RP to get to the individual leader trees.
I am not saying that you would have wanted to make that choice, however the RP were spend on the skins you still have.

Why is no one talking about the new gamemode, "Golden Nekker"? They said it's going to be more single-player, which sounds super cool.
It does sound cool, it is just that we know little thus far and there are a lot of changes, especially turning multiple bad/dead archetypes viable.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I still find it far more interesting than regular updates. :p
But maybe I'm the only one.

If im not mistaken, they said that the Golden Nekker mode would be for the end of the year, last quarter, so it makes sense players are more excited for something coming tomorrow than something that will take 8-10 months and that we know very little about so far.

If im not mistaken, they said that the Golden Nekker mode would be for the end of the year, last quarter
They did, and weren't sure if they'll make it this year. I'd be really excited even if there was no ETA whatsoever, though. Because (more) single-player.

I do like the approach of releasing new card sets in parts every few months, that sounds like a fun way of keeping the meta fresh and evolving, and keeping people trying new things more.

I'm very interested to see what this Golden Nekker single player mode is, too. It sounded like there might be quite a bit of lore stuff they're adding to it, which I would be well up for. I hope for some fun puzzles, they were my favourite part of Thronebreaker. Yeah, my bet is on puzzles being the main cool thing to the game mode, as they work well single player.

I hope for some fun puzzles, they were my favourite part of Thronebreaker.
Agreed.

I'm also reminded of the events we had in beta, all of them consisting of various kinds of puzzles. So, there is precedent for such content beyond just Thronebreaker. While "more single-player" -- as opposed to just "single-player" -- leaves some questions until they tell us, more it doesn't rule out puzzles.

Top Bottom