Roadmap?

+
Not talking about patches to fix bugs or optimization, I was wondering if CDPR has or will release a roadmap with goals to add features/content in the game.

Love the game though, would just like to know if they have any plans on adding features/content or not. From small things like being able to sit in chairs, to big things like fleshing out the 3 different storyline paths. I'm very curious about this.

Thank you!

Sadly at the moment - no. Radio silence just telling us about a big update on January and February. But the content of this updates is unknown. I think about a title for those would be "Bugfixes and performance that Sony starts selling again. "

But maybe they enlighten me with content. Nobody for sure knows.

Guest 3573786

I'm allergic to roadmaps, brings back all the live-service related PTSD :giveup:

That said, I would love to see a statement they plan on improving the features that are lackluster and adding those sorely missing. I kinda do like the radio silence though, gives me the impression they're all too busy on improving the game so they have no time for public statements :ROFLMAO:

After what has happened re: lashback of not implementing various features and cutting content .. well ...
If I were CDPR I sure as HELL wouldn't put out a roadmap of any sort.

I reckon that if they had NEVER announced features and content to begin with, the lashback would be FAR less.

After what has happened re: lashback of not implementing various features and cutting content .. well ...

I reckon that if they had NEVER announced features and content to begin with, the lashback would be FAR less.

I don't understand that logic, the damage has already been done so having a roadmap would only give hope/faith in the people who bought it that were dissapointed.

I don't understand that logic, the damage has already been done so having a roadmap would only give hope/faith in the people who bought it that were dissapointed.
And then people would bitch about how long it's taking or that certain features haven't yet been implemented or the numerous other things people are currently griping about. Some rightfully so, others not so much.

They should have simply stuck with "We'll release it when it's done."
Personally, I think part of the reason they pushed this release out in this state is because how much people were bitching about how long it was taking, especially after they started releasing preview videos.
I also suspect marketing had a lot to do with that, on both counts.

Not talking about patches to fix bugs or optimization, I was wondering if CDPR has or will release a roadmap with goals to add features/content in the game.

Love the game though, would just like to know if they have any plans on adding features/content or not. From small things like being able to sit in chairs, to big things like fleshing out the 3 different storyline paths. I'm very curious about this.

Thank you!

Take it from a software developer - roadmaps are meaningless. They are basically wishlists and tend to change frequently as priorities change. If CDPR were to release a roadmap, it would do them more harm than good, since people who haven't worked in software development don't actually realize how meaningless roadmaps are in the long run and would instead take these as hard promises set in stone.

Hell, just look at the backlash over supposed missing features that's currently going on. Maybe it's just me not following the CP marketing in great detail beyond some trailers and gameplay clips (which always stipulated that anything you see is subject to change and does not represent the final product!), but I honestly don't understand where these people got their impressions on what this game would and would not feature.

Anyway, I don't want to go off on a tangent more than I already have, so I'll just conclude by pointing at other games with problems that tried to regain customer trust by releasing roadmaps - it never turned out well.

Take it from a software developer - roadmaps are meaningless. They are basically wishlists and tend to change frequently as priorities change. If CDPR were to release a roadmap, it would do them more harm than good, since people who haven't worked in software development don't actually realize how meaningless roadmaps are in the long run and would instead take these as hard promises set in stone.

Hell, just look at the backlash over supposed missing features that's currently going on. Maybe it's just me not following the CP marketing in great detail beyond some trailers and gameplay clips (which always stipulated that anything you see is subject to change and does not represent the final product!), but I honestly don't understand where these people got their impressions on what this game would and would not feature.

Anyway, I don't want to go off on a tangent more than I already have, so I'll just conclude by pointing at other games with problems that tried to regain customer trust by releasing roadmaps - it never turned out well.

I'm sorry but your post didn't make any sense to me whatsoever. A roadmap only shows the customers that they are working on it and what they are working on, if there is no information/communication it will only make people more impatient and lose hope that they are actually working on something. While I don't think it matters, I worked for game studios (including AAA studios) for the past 10 years or so, anyone would be able to understand the psychology behind it though. Waiting on something is a lot easier when you know what you are waiting on then to wait on something you don't even know if it is being worked on at all.

Last edited:
Relegate 2077 to multiplayer and go back to work on TW4. And I'm not joking, I think there's a decent chance this happens.

The cuts are so egregious and widespread that you can FEEL there is stuff missing even if you never watched any promotional material

Don't see why you can't see why people are disappointed in regards to what CDPR put forward?

They promote the game as it having top of line cutting edge features basically better than in any other game to date (2 years ago). Stuff like promoting weapons as being able to shoot through walls, smart weapons and so on. And yes these are in the game, but logically people assume that these are implemented into the game so they make sense, that the enemies can at least defend themselves as part of a functional combat system. And all these things are in the trailers posted the last couple of years.

You only have to go rewatch them and hardly anything that is stated in these as being possible is in the game, in its current state.

They're taking the holiday's off to rest then working on two big patches for Jan/February. That's the roadmap.

I don't think we'll get much else until they're confident that whatever their plan is they can meet the expectations of players to avoid another deluge of negative PR. Either way it's going to be quiet until after the holidays, and rightfully so.

What so they can lie some more? No they need to shut their mouths and say nothing. In this case radio silence is worth a thousand words.

Last edited:
Uh...
Don't see why you can't see why people are disappointed in regards to what CDPR put forward?

They promote the game as it having top of line cutting edge features basically better than in any other game to date (2 years ago). Stuff like promoting weapons as being able to shoot through walls, smart weapons and so on. And yes these are in the game, but logically people assume that these are implemented into the game so they make sense, that the enemies can at least defend themselves as part of a functional combat system. And all these things are in the trailers posted the last couple of years.

You only have to go rewatch them and hardly anything that is stated in these as being possible is in the game, in its current state.
Uh... So those things are in game and you are complaining about this?

Wow, just wow

but I honestly don't understand where these people got their impressions on what this game would and would not feature.
Just as a follow up try to watch this video which was released 30 aug. 2019 and honestly tell me, that you don't get the impression that "choice matters" weren't promoted as being part of the game, if you listen to what the commentator is saying. Now this particular clip, will change something in the story, but have zero impact on how the main story plays out. And as he say "there are many possible options", there is not, there are 2. :)

Post automatically merged:

Uh...

Uh... So those things are in game and you are complaining about this?

Wow, just wow
Im not complaining about them being in the game, assuming you mean the weapons? I complain about it being awfully implemented.
It's like a game showing how your character can get a cool spell that can do some fancy shit. You as a player would expect it to be integrated into the game in a reasonable way and not just a point and click one shot weapon, because that is not funny. Unless you are a person that prefer using aimbots, wall hack etc. I simply don't buy that anyone think that it's the absolute best shooting mechanic in any game, when it's like being in a shooting tent with those bears going back and forth, doesn't matter if its CP or some other 3d shooter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom