Roadmap?

+
Because you're being ridiculous with your expectations and desires.
Choices don't affect your character? ummm yeaahhhh. no. Romance Panam or not. Not means no help from them nomads. Kill all the Maelstroms or not. Kill 'em all means no help from them later. How you deal with Takeshi matters. How you deal with Jackie's mom matters. Blow off Judy. Blow off fixers .... They all affect how your game plays out. And yes, OF COURSE the game ends up in the same place in the end. THAT'S THE FREAKIN STORY ARC! And you've got 6 different potential endings.
Post automatically merged:

They NEVER EVER EVER said it would be a video game version of the tabletop game. Computer games simply CANNOT react in the same way a human GM can. To expect such things is ridiculous. Perhaps in the future .. but quite a ways into the future. So if that was what you were expecting .. well ... Your expectations were unreasonable.
No one expected that, I haven't heard anyone complaining that it's weren't based on the tabletop game. But you can't deny that in this trailer and its not the only one where this is pointed out as a key feature of Cyberpunk. That every choice you make influence how your story plays out. That is simply not true.

And if it isn't true, then its false marketing when they constantly throw it in the face of their customers as a key selling point.

No one expected that every single choice you made would drastically change the game, but there is hardly anything that changes or react to what you do. A good example is the first mission and you go blow the head off all the maelstroms and they do nothing? They make a comment about it later depending on what you did, but they don't care about it. You can shoot one camp after another and no one cares.

In Assassins creed Odyssey for example, if you do to many stupid things, there will come bounty hunters after you. Even in dialogs, if you choose one action, it leads to the exact same thing, either said in a different way or V or the person you talk to, will automatically say it.

In a mission, I specifically chose to not beat a person, and my character went completely nuts and almost killed the person, what the hell?

What CP said it would do is not unique within games, people simply expected it to be a lot more detailed than in the games before it. Mass Effect did it, Fallout 1 and 2, which are completely different types of games. So its nothing new, the difference is how they told everyone, how freaking complex and in depth this story was going to be, when its one of the most linear stories to date. And that is what piss us off, because they have said so many times that this is an RPG first and action later.... but its not, its an action game first and an adventure game, with a little bit of RPG in it.

Last edited:
A Roadmap for not only large patches but new content is desperately needed. Whatever they had planned for the free DLC they better ramp that up tenfold. You want to win fans/consumers back then you start by fixing the game and then offering content updates at no charge to the user. I'm not talking expansions although that'd be a pretty surefire way to make a lot of people happy I'm talking added back content that was advertised. Giving us the free DLC that adds meaningful reasons to want to play again instead of waiting for expansion content.

Management needs to sit down and discuss what needs to be done to make things right and then let the community managers talk to us the fanbase and be incredibly transparent about what is to come. Follow in the steps of many games that have come before with less than ideal launches. Learn from what they did. Having such a big blunder on their second AAA title is not a good look and they need to claw back every bit of support they can.

Sure sure... whatever you say. But just because you have low standards, doesn't mean we all have to abide by it.
I was expecting a minimum of player agency like in the Witcher 3, hell even witcher 2 had more replayability than CP77.

And sorry but up until point of no return, you have 0 influence on the endings. Nada. The endings purely depend on what choices you make after the elevator, and even then, you only get 6 different colour of the same.

And no you are really really wrong by assuming that I'm talking about the impact on night city. I couldn't care less about Night City. I care for my own character and the characters around him.

And the arguement "bUt ThE CyBerPUnk WoRLd doESn't cAre AbOut yoU" is cheap and completely useless. It's a video game, meant to be an RPG above all. What is the bloody point of telling a story where I who is meant to be the proganost have 0 say in how things will go?
If that is what Cyberpunk is all about, then probably they should have just gave the rights to Netflix to begin with to make a 8 episode series that i can watch once and then forget about it. Probably there would be more story in that 8 episodes then there is in the game atm...

Edit: And I only "bitch about" things that are worth of criticism in order to better them in the future. People like you who accept medicore/inferior quality are the ones who need to pull their heads out of the sand.

Mike ponds and literally most of the dev team in the early interviews said that you would enter the world and exit the world without changing anything the whole world in the game doesnt revolve around you and you arent there to drastically change any of it yourself either its not a table top game.

I really think you should finish the game. I think you have some misconceptions about how the story plays out. I’m not being mean or trying to fight, it just sounds like you’re really overestimating how things are going to play out.

You also don’t have to romance Panam to get her help, just do the quest. Panam is the only choice you listed that makes any difference at all and all you have to do is her quest. It’s why people want a roadmap or a hint of what the DLC will cover, the endings are really lackluster compared to all the choices you just listed that should matter, but ultimately don’t.
Like most jrpgs or rpgs theres no 10+ endings for most game in this genre and even then the options for most games endings arent extreamly drastic. If you going to say well look at something like disco elysium yea a game thats pretty much all text having insane multiple options is not uncommon play any virutal novel game and you can get insane type options as well.

Mike ponds and literally most of the dev team in the early interviews said that you would enter the world and exit the world without changing anything the whole world in the game doesnt revolve around you and you arent there to drastically change any of it yourself either its not a table top game.

Like most jrpgs or rpgs theres no 10+ endings for most game in this genre and even then the options for most games endings arent extreamly drastic. If you going to say well look at something like disco elysium yea a game thats pretty much all text having insane multiple options is not uncommon play any virutal novel game and you can get insane type options as well.

Mike Pondsmith also said “Cyberpunk isn't about saving humanity, it's about saving yourself,” I said earlier I didn’t want to make an impact on the world, I just wanted my choices to affect V. I don’t want to get off topic in the roadmap thread, but there’s a big long thread under Spoiler Alert: About the Endings that goes more into why people were disappointed. Even if you liked the endings it’s a good discussion.

I just think some words about where the story stands would go a long way, a decent chunk of people (myself included) are curious if the endings are a set up for DLC or if that’s how V’s story is intended to go. When Mass Effect 3 happened, they clearly announced their DLC would NOT be a continuation of the story after the point of no return and that Shepard’s story was done with, which let people decide if they were going to bother keeping an eye out for it.

And then people would bitch about how long it's taking or that certain features haven't yet been implemented or the numerous other things people are currently griping about. Some rightfully so, others not so much.
Then i say let them bitch and let the non toxic fanbase enjoy the game

I cba to google it for you, but I can confirm plans for multiplayer are well known.

CD Projekt Red have revealed that the multiplayer component of Cyberpunk 2077 is its own AAA release,

Multiplayer will not be apart of 2077, or the DLC. It will be a seperate game entirely.

Here's the link to the October 2020 article about it.

CD Projekt Red have revealed that the multiplayer component of Cyberpunk 2077 is its own AAA release,

Multiplayer will not be apart of 2077, or the DLC. It will be a seperate game entirely.

Here's the link to the October 2020 article about it.

For what little I know, and the press, the CD postponed to bring the teams to the singleplayer CP until correcting more severe problems. Bcuse this, the postponement.

For what little I know, and the press, the CD postponed to bring the teams to the singleplayer CP until correcting more severe problems. Bcuse this, the postponement.
Nope it was announced prior to the launch of the game that it would be pushed well past 2021, and likely as a standalone project. Here's another article: https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-release-date/

We will not be getting a 2077 multiplayer game that is not entirely separate from the game we are currently on and that is the correct call. Everything would need to be a fully seperate system, this perk and levelling system would be unplayable in a multiplayer environment.

Nope it was announced prior to the launch of the game that it would be pushed well past 2021, and likely as a standalone project. Here's another article: https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-release-date/

We will not be getting a 2077 multiplayer game that is not entirely separate from the game we are currently on and that is the correct call. Everything would need to be a fully seperate system, this perk and levelling system would be unplayable in a multiplayer environment.

It's my preference, too. Something independent to give more creative freedom. Of course, nothing against who idealized, in general, the idea of singlelayer.

Mike Pondsmith also said “Cyberpunk isn't about saving humanity, it's about saving yourself,” I said earlier I didn’t want to make an impact on the world, I just wanted my choices to affect V. I don’t want to get off topic in the roadmap thread, but there’s a big long thread under Spoiler Alert: About the Endings that goes more into why people were disappointed. Even if you liked the endings it’s a good discussion.

I just think some words about where the story stands would go a long way, a decent chunk of people (myself included) are curious if the endings are a set up for DLC or if that’s how V’s story is intended to go. When Mass Effect 3 happened, they clearly announced their DLC would NOT be a continuation of the story after the point of no return and that Shepard’s story was done with, which let people decide if they were going to bother keeping an eye out for it.
MM ok I think i get the point your trying to make a little bit better ill check out the endings thread once I finish the game. As for the ME3 endings it may be controversial but I dont see how could of ended it any other way. The only way the could of made like a alt time ending that had like a star wars episode 6 type feel would be if you 100% all of ME1 and ME2 but that would require them to bring back 10+ characters and the amount of people who just played through the game normally would probably complain that the better ending was locked behind 100+ hours of content people already hated doing the mining section in ME2 and the Moon/planet missions in ME1.

My opinion on roadmap or any communication NO!

If fact I think they should stop all communication regarding features /plans / timetables or really anything.

Personally If I was them I would NEVER share as much about upcoming titles like they have with cp EVER again.

based on the community reaction that is being displayed. I personally think is overreactive.

It was a mistake as you can see by the way people have reacted to missing content. Its fine saying working on this title and that title we will share more with you once we have set a firm release date .

And then don't say ANYTHING about the game until you are sure of the release date and content. ( ideally just before it goes gold)

really if they had done that all the "missing" thread would not exist because people who never know what is "missing"

and there would not be anything "misleading" as everything advertised would be in the game if they didn't start advertising till close to gold.

My opinion on roadmap or any communication NO!

If fact I think they should stop all communication regarding features /plans / timetables or really anything.

Personally If I was them I would NEVER share as much about upcoming titles like they have with cp EVER again.

based on the community reaction that is being displayed. I personally think is overreactive.

It was a mistake as you can see by the way people have reacted to missing content. Its fine saying working on this title and that title we will share more with you once we have set a firm release date .

And then don't say ANYTHING about the game until you are sure of the release date and content. ( ideally just before it goes gold)

really if they had done that all the "missing" thread would not exist because people who never know what is "missing"

and there would not be anything "misleading" as everything advertised would be in the game if they didn't start advertising till close to gold.
They straight up lied, not only to players, but also investors. This is investors asking them questions just after they pushed the release of the game to the 10th of december.

Q12: Hello. You mentioned that the problem was with the current-gen consoles. Is the problem different for Xbox and PS4, the latter of which is perhaps a bit stronger – or is it very similar for both consoles?

MN: Hi; Michał Nowakowski again. I wouldn’t say there is a “problem” because there’s nothing wrong with Xbox or PS4 versions – there is optimization to be handled, also because of how we were approaching things from the get-go in terms of development; so – there is no problem with Xbox or PlayStation 4, to be honest. Now, in terms of issues – I don’t think there’s much point in going there. Yes, there are some issues that are similar – I’m not going to go through a full bug report here; that’s probably pointless – but let’s put it like this: there are some issues which are common to both platforms and some issues which are slightly different; it’s a mixed bag, really. It’s something that can be handled, can be done and something that we’re currently working on. It’s a huge game, so there are a lot of things to be tackled – which is the underlying reason behind the conversation we’re having tonight.

----

Q12: My question was related to the rumors from one year ago, I believe, which said that there were some problems with optimization for Xbox, but as I understand – this is not related?

MN: This was a total hoax; a fake rumor. That I can say; otherwise – there’s just regular work to be done on both platforms.

----

Keep in mind that CP then gets released and it is so bad, that it gets pulled from PS store, and if im not mistaken it's the first game ever to be pulled due to being so bad, that most find it unplayable, how can they then go and tell investors that there is no problems and all this is simply rumors and hoaxes? Surely they must have known at this point that it didn't work and just hoped that they could fix it before release.

And that is only the investors point of view, then you have the whole not delivering the game they said they would. The game they released is a shadow of what they told people it would be up until release.

This thread became a collection of pretty random rants and personal attacks, so please:

1. Tone it down if you wish to continue posting on the forums
2. Go back on topic if you wish this thread to continue.

Thanks.

Except you do have the option to change it for the worse. So clearly we can leave our mark if we want. But as I have said in my post, I couldn't care less about our impact on the city. I care about my character.

Please show me the source

LMAO ... "Ony 6 endings" LMAO <facepalm> wow. How about YOU try making a game of this magnitude, eh?
And no. My point about the cyberpunk world is not "cheap and useless." THAT'S THE GORRAM WORLD!! You don't like it, go play a game set in a different world FFS, cuz you CLEARLY don't like this one.

Thankfully, people like you lot are in the vast minority. Hundreds of thousands of people are playing at any given time on Steam alone, and enjoying it. It's YOU LOT that are loud and angry. There's so many posts about people liking the story. Yet you lot keep saying "You just have low standards" or "you don't know what you're talking about."
No, it YOU LOT that don't know what you're talking about, and you're expectations are way to high for ANY video game.

The bugs and cut features? Now those are things worth being disappointed about. Even griping about or, for some people like console players, even being angry about. This game not being the full equivalent of a tabletop RPG with a human GM is not. That's being a whiny child.
Good grief. Entitled much? .... <sigh> Y'all will NEVER be pleased, given your ridiculous expectations.

!! BAM !! Thank you. Exactly. :)
Those hundreds of thousands of people haven't even reached the end of the game yet. Like you, so loud to defend the game blindly without even actually seeing what you are defending.
I would much rather have 3 seperate endings that have a much more meaningful conclusion than six different "meh..." endings. (And no, I am not talking about making an impact in the world.)
Also it really isn't much to ask to for example make lifepaths an important choice. As things are currently, lifepaths are 15 minute different flavoured tutorials with all of them merging into streetkid.
I could list all the issues with the game and how it has been done better before, but you clearly have nothing to add to the discussion other than "you're entitled" and that we are "unrealistic".
What kind of arguements are those anyway? Entitled for expecting a certain quality from a AAA game? Especially from the creators of the Witcher series who actual proven that what I expect is doable?
How is the industry will improve if we won't call them out on shipping a unfinished game? When they sell a product inferior to their previous entries.

And to me the story counts as cut feature because it is painfully obvious at certain points that there was branching options but were taken out.
Literally you're only arguement is that I am being unreasonable and entitled. Like? How about we focus on the actual topic instead of you jumping onto personal attacks based on the uneducated image you created about me?

Those hundreds of thousands of people haven't even reached the end of the game yet. Like you, so loud to defend the game blindly without even actually seeing what you are defending.
I would much rather have 3 seperate endings that have a much more meaningful conclusion than six different "meh..." endings. (And no, I am not talking about making an impact in the world.)
Also it really isn't much to ask to for example make lifepaths an important choice. As things are currently, lifepaths are 15 minute different flavoured tutorials with all of them merging into streetkid.
I could list all the issues with the game and how it has been done better before, but you clearly have nothing to add to the discussion other than "you're entitled" and that we are "unrealistic".
What kind of arguements are those anyway? Entitled for expecting a certain quality from a AAA game? Especially from the creators of the Witcher series who actual proven that what I expect is doable?
How is the industry will improve if we won't call them out on shipping a unfinished game? When they sell a product inferior to their previous entries.

And to me the story counts as cut feature because it is painfully obvious at certain points that there was branching options but were taken out.
Literally you're only arguement is that I am being unreasonable and entitled. Like? How about we focus on the actual topic instead of you jumping onto personal attacks based on the uneducated image you created about me?
Im honestly starting to think that this game would have been much better as a CP life simulator than a main story driven game. But where the goal of the game, was simply to live the life of a merc, or whatever possibility could be done in Night city, like running your own fixer club, gang, bar, dancing place, BD studio whatever. And simply surviving and living in Night city sort of the Sims style.
And quests in the game would just be a lot of side missions and random stuff depending on what you did. No Silverhand or main story. At least to me, I found the most enjoyment in the side missions and just shooting stuff by far anyway, not that the main story is bad, I liked that as well.
But I was not particular driven towards completing it and especially when it comes to the second playthrough, pretty much all excitement is gone and I skip almost all dialogs, which is a bit sad because they do a very good job with the voice acting, so it's mostly because I know it won't make a difference anyway.

Im honestly starting to think that this game would have been much better as a CP life simulator than a main story driven game. But where the goal of the game, was simply to live the life of a merc, or whatever possibility could be done in Night city, like running your own fixer club, gang, bar, dancing place, BD studio whatever. And simply surviving and living in Night city sort of the Sims style.
And quests in the game would just be a lot of side missions and random stuff depending on what you did. No Silverhand or main story. At least to me, I found the most enjoyment in the side missions and just shooting stuff by far anyway, not that the main story is bad, I liked that as well.
But I was not particular driven towards completing it and especially when it comes to the second playthrough, pretty much all excitement is gone and I skip almost all dialogs, which is a bit sad because they do a very good job with the voice acting, so it's mostly because I know it won't make a difference anyway.
In my eyes, the issue is that the game wants to be GTA and a story driven action game at the same time. And while it does an okay job at both, it's not exceeding in any aspects of it. I think it needs to pick a lane, or build up each element in stages.

Hence a roadmap would be nice so we know what to expect from the game. To know what kind of game is this planned to be.

I personally don't care for GTA style games much. They can be fun when I wanna just kill time derping around, but I much prefer a strong story driven narrative. In which CP77 does a great job for most of it. But again, the game feels confused. Is this an RPG, or is it more along the lines like Uncharted where I am watching a movie while taking part in the shooting bits?
Again it needs to pick a lane.
I'm fine either way, I can adjust my attitude towards the game better if I know what it's goal is.
That is why I personally want a roadmap. So CDPR can start communicating and tell us what kind of game is this meant to be.

Thats a shame i really want dlc and New Games plus. I enjoyed this Games so Much and im on xbox one i didnt see 10% of the bug people are posting Everywhere. Pretty sure some of them are modded. Just to make the Games look worse. Dont give up. I want more

Relegate 2077 to multiplayer and go back to work on TW4. And I'm not joking, I think there's a decent chance this happens.

Think the push back is bad now? Imagine fans hearing that SP expansions have been canceled in favor of focusing more on online.....

Top Bottom