Robot Arms

+
I've got a conundrum, I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do.

So I'm about 70 hours in. 20 body 14 tech. I built a big bad loud V. Machine guns and shotguns and grenades, with a smattering of crafting.

I figure big guns and grenades seem like an obvious build.

But what the heck do I do with my arms? These seem to be the penultimate expression of cyberware and yet there's none for me.

I got Mantis Blades first, but they aren't really useful for me. Their animations are choppy and a good machine gun burst does just as much good. They just end up getting me killed cycling through another weapon slot.

I got rocket arms second. About 20% of the time they don't fire or animate right. And plus are a real pain in the butt to switch with my precious grenades. Rockets go straight, sure. But I can already shoot straight. Grenades I can get up, over and around things. They have a variety of effects. And I can craft them by the bucket load.

Now I have gorilla arms, cause why not. They animate when I rip open doors, so thats cool I guess.

Whats a machine gun toting V suppose to do? What was CDPRs idea for the penultimate piece of cyberware? I hardly think monowire will be of any help.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
none? not sure what platform you're playing on, or how you swap weapons, but i'm on a PC and i use a mouse wheel. i use only arm weapons (gorrilla and mantis) with a single weapon. makes it easier for me to swap w/ limited items on mouse wheel. maybe the complication of having an additional weapon you'll never use can just be struck from the equation altogether

none? not sure what platform you're playing on, or how you swap weapons, but i'm on a PC and i use a mouse wheel. i use only arm weapons (gorrilla and mantis) with a single weapon. makes it easier for me to swap w/ limited items on mouse wheel. maybe the complication of having an additional weapon you'll never use can just be struck from the equation altogether

Ps4. Yeah, I guess none. Seems like a waste.

I've not used them yet, but I guess Gorilla arms let you rip turrets off their mount and use them like a gun or something like that.

I've not used them yet, but I guess Gorilla arms let you rip turrets off their mount and use them like a gun or something like that.

They say that, but they don't do that. It's a Body stat check that allows all feats of strength. High body stat and no gorilla arms and you can go nuts on doors and turrets. Gorilla arms by themselves won't do it, its weird that they haven't fixed the item description.

Last edited:
I did a playthrough just like this, and I just stuck with Gorilla Arms.

You could always start punching when your ammo runs dry, especially with a Berzerk mod, and you'll feel more tanky than with blades.

Top Bottom