Roche vs Ioveth fight scene(after EE)

+
Roche vs Ioveth fight scene(after EE)

Not changed what so ever? WHOOOOTTTT?

Sorry, but this is a big disappointment for me after seen the fight scene is exactly the same one we all complained about for so long.... So far that has been my only letdown on EE.

Last edited:
It shouldnt be there in first place. It was just silly.

Iorveth: blah blah blah I wont kill you because what a shame blah blah

Act 2
Iorveth: He is the only one left. I will kill him derp

This surprised the hell out of me too. They changed Cedric's scene which was never considered bad, and left this part in.

@Babli

Oh, at least Ioveth reaction if he wins, makes some minimal amount of sense(very very little, but well)....

Roche's one if he wins is the worse of the 2. He has time to talk like a parrot but cant cut Ioveth throat? That would take like 2 seconds?! WTF? It would have made some minimal amount of sense, if at least we see an arrow being shot at Roche but missing, or something like that.

Also, same question we have asked millions of times: How the hell did Ioveth scaped from the boat he was prisoner in? No explanation is given what so ever, and what was Roche doing in the middle of the forest alone anyways??

So many potholes surrounding that meaningless fight sequence....

@slimgrin

I know! Cedric's sequence got me by surprise, i liked it quite a lot! But Roche vs Ioveth fight? Dammit so damm disappointed, i was really looking forward to it being adressed somehow on EE!

Last edited:
Those fight sequences are by far the worst scenes in the game. I have to headcanon that it's just bullshit on their part to save face.

I was also suprised they didnt change it. It was just so out of place, and for me the most obvious plothole.

Yuuup, I facepalmed when I saw it was still there.

It is not the only plothole left unfilled - there's Margot's letter, Geralt's remark about Ves being a liar, absence of Biggerhorn (OK, not sure if he was supposed to be in the game, but some characters made it sound like he was)... and probably other minor stuff I cannot remember.

And yes, the scenario in which Roche wins is the worst x_x

Dona said:
Geralt's remark about Ves being a liar,
Thats not a plot hole. Former writer, Jan Bartkowicz, explained it on Bioware forums few days ago. He said this:
"Geralts says Ves lied in regard to her telling Roche that Henselt just let her go."

Babli said:
Thats not a plot hole. Former writer, Jan Bartkowicz, explained it on Bioware forums few days ago. He said this:
"Geralts says Ves lied in regard to her telling Roche that Henselt just let her go."

Yes Dona, that was always my impression, i never had any second toughs about Gerald and Ves thing.

Btw who's Biggerhord? I really cant remember that name.

Last edited:
Dona said:
And yes, the scenario in which Roche wins is the worst x_x
"I defeated you once and I'm totally going to do it again even though I could kill you right now instead of wasting time telling you I'm going to do it in the future. So c ya later, lol!"

*5 minutes later*

"Geraaaalt! That bastard Iorveth got away!"

Me: *facepalm*

Dona said:
But didn't she say to them both "I can still smell that swine on me!" I thought it told pretty clearly what happened to her o_O.

CreeperX said:
But didn't she say to them both "I can still smell that swine on me!" I thought it told pretty clearly what happened to her o_O.
That could just slipped her tongue. She never actually admitted it to them. Doesnt matter, it is now cleared out :)

Babli said:
I understood it like that, but many players didn't. It's nice of Jan to have explained that - on a forum that has nothing to do with the Witcher - but in my opinion, that is one thing that shouldn't have been left unclear. The remark made it sound like she was lying about Dethmold, the Henselt situation was pretty clear (he grabs her in the flashback).

Babli said:
btw whos Biggerhord?, i really cant remeber that name....
Biggerhorn is mentioned a few times on Iorveth's path, apparently he is someone who apparently saw Saskia kill the dragon. Someone tells you to "go and see him" if you want to hear the story. But he doesn't exist in the game. That is why I said it's not really a plot hole, I imagine his story would've been just a few funny lines of dialogue.

Babli said:
"I defeated you once and I'm totally going to do it again even though I could kill you right now instead of wasting time telling you I'm going to do it in the future. So c ya later, lol!"

*5 minutes later*

"Geraaaalt! That bastard Iorveth got away!"

Me: *facepalm*
Iorveth: "I don't regret that it's you..."

Me: "Now kiss!"

So much wtf.

All they would have to do is remove the scene and write some extra dialog for both Roche and Iorveth side explaining that one or the other got away. That they didn't even meet up in the first place.

Dona said:

So much wtf.
Hahaha! XD. That was pretty much what I thought too. Iorveth had that stupid expression on his face and said it in such a dreamy voice and all.

Dona said:
It is not the only plothole left unfilled - there's Margot's letter
What's wrong with the letter?

Yes it was disappointing. There is one way to fix that scene. Remove it entirely, it didn't add anything.

Ves also lacked closure which was not provided. The fix was simple, in the transition scene between Act 2 and 3, mention her. That would have sufficed.

And I am still adamant about the Auckes flash sequences. You will not convince me that Serrit and Auckes massacring guards right outside the royal tent did not alert Henselt and Geralt. The fix is more elaborate, but possible. Either make it a stealth section where you take down guards one by one (with Serrit). Or make it a dagger throwing sequence (a la competition with Ves), where you have to take out 4 guards or so in quick succession while Serrit is taking down the others stealthily.

KnightofPhoenix said:
What's wrong with the letter?
It remains in your inventory forever, Iorveth never receives it :/ I know it doesn't really serve any other purpose other than letting the player know Margot's been working for Iorveth and that Malena was indeed doing some shady business (although Dmitri says it, too) but a simple "here's the letter" "thanks" would suffice.

I agree about Serrit & Auckes sequence.

Dona said:
I understood it like that, but many players didn't. It's nice of Jan to have explained that - on a forum that has nothing to do with the Witcher - but in my opinion, that is one thing that shouldn't have been left unclear. The remark made it sound like she was lying about Dethmold, the Henselt situation was pretty clear (he grabs her in the flashback).

Biggerhorn is mentioned a few times on Iorveth's path, apparently he is someone who apparently saw Saskia kill the dragon. Someone tells you to "go and see him" if you want to hear the story. But he doesn't exist in the game. That is why I said it's not really a plot hole, I imagine his story would've been just a few funny lines of dialogue.

So much wtf.

I thought the same thing about Geralt's comment on Ves. I thought he meant that Dethmold would never have let her live, and she must be about to betray them somehow because Dethmold was using her somehow.

What is wrong with Margot's letter? You mean her suicide note, right? I thought it was pretty clear...am I missing something? I thought the scene added a lot--it was a dark little aside; a window into the desparate and sad life of a woman trying to live the best she can in the cold world of the witcher.

LoboLawNM said:
What is wrong with Margot's letter? You mean her suicide note, right? I thought it was pretty clear...am I missing something? I thought the scene added a lot--it was a dark little aside; a window into the desparate and sad life of a woman trying to live the best she can in the cold world of the witcher.
I think he's speaking about her letter to Iorveth you can find in her room. I thought it was useful, maybe hand it to Roche or Loredo but no it just stuck in my inventory doing nothing

Top Bottom