Rocker Boy (SPIOLERS)

+
AGAIN SPOILERS
You've been warned
[...].

Honestly though, it's nothing TOO MAJOR I Guess other than just some Quests WAY down the line in the game.

After playing through Kerrie's Quests and everything. Playing in a Concert as a Samurai Guitarist (Johnny taking the lead of course) was the sickest thing I've seen.
Standing on stage, in front of all those people while your play the sickest songs there is in the game, hearing those speakers banging in your ear drums as you just straight up Rock the Fuck Out is Seriously and again, The. Sickest. Shit. Ever.

Absolutely loved it but afterwards I honestly was sort of bummed out that Rocker Boy wasn't anything of a Life Path you could've Chosen. I mean it's not like it doesn't make sense. You're dying and everything, be funny to be a Rocker Boy and just Jam out and go on the Road playing in Venus all the while some Construct is literally devouring your mind.

So REASONBLY it make sense that there was only 3 Basic ass Paths. That in all Honesty, mean Jack and Shit to the Story, World and V's Life other than meaningless ass dialog that don't do shit than useless filler info. RPG my ass. But still, doesn't change that I wished the Story was a lot more different. Letting the Player make a Legend of himself in his own Life than having to run around franticly like a headless chicken cause you got Cyber Cancer.
With that, giving us more of an array of Life Paths, Like Rocker Boy for one. DAMN I would've LOVED to be a Rocker Boy, making a name for myself and Banging ass Music. Honestly, doesn't even feel like V's story than Johnnies. V's story died with Jackie, you had the chance to make it big, and as Jackie said. To be in the Major Leagues and make a name for yourself. But instead, V was straight up shoved into another mans life, living out His Story. Jhonnies.

Honestly though, for all fuck I know, probably not possible to make a Rocker boy Life Path without some Specifics, for all I know, probably not even possible. Probably be like playing a Shooter Guitar Hero...Actually never mind, that sounds fucking Rad as Hell.

But Seriously, playing with Kerry and going through his Quests, there could've been something to being a Rocker Boy. Being more Aggressive, Occasionally playing on concerts to amp up the populist and meeting people, LITERALLY making a name for yourself. Being the straight up The Cyberpunk that you were meant to be. Maybe in this Story, there wasn't any room but hopefully down the line in the future. Maybe in another Cyberpunk Game. We'll get better Life Paths that Actually mean something. and Rocker Boy will be among them.

What Life Paths would you guys like to see in the future??
OR if your Content with the ones we have now, would you like anything Specific to go with them?

Guest 4412420

I personally think that people focused too much on the word "life" in lifepath and expected them to be more than they are.

They're just backstories who offer unique dialogue options from time to time, same as unique class or race dialogue options in other RPGs. A couple more would have been nice, like media for example, or encountering characters from V's past before they became a mercenary, but other than that I'm fine with lifepaths as they are.

Sounds like a cool idea. For a new faction I would like to see one added called
"Night City Vampires"

Last edited:
Adding Rocker Boy life path wouldn't be much of a hussle, I suppose, also a Cop could be nice. However, a better idea would be to flesh out the original three paths. Put a whole quest line for each one in the Act 1 and a single big followup quest for each subsequent act. Doable and worthwhile, but not critical.

Leave the supernatural stuff to Shadowrun.
Hey, you'd be VERY Surprised what you can do in Cyberpunk.
If you read the Play Book and the Manuals for Cyberpunk all the way to Cyberpunk Red. You could straight up be a bloody Furry if you wanted too, It's that wild in the Cyberpunk world. And having Fangs to be a Vampire isn't that far off either believe it or not.

Hey, you'd be VERY Surprised what you can do in Cyberpunk.
If you read the Play Book and the Manuals for Cyberpunk all the way to Cyberpunk Red. You could straight up be a bloody Furry if you wanted too, It's that wild in the Cyberpunk world. And having Fangs to be a Vampire isn't that far off either believe it or not.
Having actual vampires compared to people playing dress up are two different things.

I personally think that people focused too much on the word "life" in lifepath and expected them to be more than they are.

They're just backstories who offer unique dialogue options from time to time, same as unique class or race dialogue options in other RPGs. A couple more would have been nice, like media for example, or encountering characters from V's past before they became a mercenary, but other than that I'm fine with lifepaths as they are.
Fair Enough actually.
Then I'd say CDPR should do a better job Advertising their "Mechanics" than, if their Far less then they show them off to be.
I mean it's fairly self Explanatory when it comes to these Features. Unique Classes don't give off the Impression that we're living a Unique Life, nor does Race Dialogue other than having some Pros and Cons when it comes to some ones play through. The way CDPR Brough it up, made it seem like Life Paths are more to impact how our Play Through all the way than Simple and Often Meaningless Extra Dialogue Option. If that was the case, than their literally nothing more than simple "Traits" to a Character than some "Life" Path.
But you right on the putting too much infuses on "Life" in Life Path. It's a very Fair Point!

Media though, i've always been curious on how they could put that in. That'd be a really neat Life Path.
Post automatically merged:

Having actual vampires compared to people playing dress up are two different things.
You're in a World where you can Straight up Augment your shit to LITERALLY be something that your not.

You can not only look like some furry freak but be one also. You can Literally change your mind in the process.
You can straight up give yourself Fangs that could Quite Laterally suck the blood from your enemy, you can give yourself Cybernetics that can straight up give your super human abilities. In Cyberpunk, you can straight up be as close to a monster of any kind if you wanted too.
And had the Money too.

Fair Enough actually.
Then I'd say CDPR should do a better job Advertising their "Mechanics" than, if their Far less then they show them off to be.
I mean it's fairly self Explanatory when it comes to these Features. Unique Classes don't give off the Impression that we're living a Unique Life, nor does Race Dialogue other than having some Pros and Cons when it comes to some ones play through. The way CDPR Brough it up, made it seem like Life Paths are more to impact how our Play Through all the way than Simple and Often Meaningless Extra Dialogue Option. If that was the case, than their literally nothing more than simple "Traits" to a Character than some "Life" Path.
But you right on the putting too much infuses on "Life" in Life Path. It's a very Fair Point!

Media though, i've always been curious on how they could put that in. That'd be a really neat Life Path.

You're in a World where you can Straight up Augment your shit to LITERALLY be something that your not.

You can not only look like some furry freak but be one also. You can Literally change your mind in the process.
You can straight up give yourself Fangs that could Quite Laterally suck the blood from your enemy, you can give yourself Cybernetics that can straight up give your super human abilities. In Cyberpunk, you can straight up be as close to a monster of any kind if you wanted too.
And had the Money too.
And it's still just glorified dress up. Vampires, orks, and the like are the result of mutation of the human body in Shadowrun. There's no changing back, or into something else. It's what they are, not for show.

And it's still just glorified dress up. Vampires, orks, and the like are the result of mutation of the human body in Shadowrun. There's no changing back, or into something else. It's what they are, not for show.
It's not about What's Real. Food in that world isn't even real anything half the time, it's all just superficial supplements to give a illusion of whatever your eating, Everything in Cyberpunk is fake.
To say if their Really some Ork, or Vampire is besides the point if you can still be one in that world. "GlorifieD Dress Up" or Not.
Besides, your trying to compare Two Different Fictional Games. I don't what to tell you lol Want some Real Monsters with Harry Potter Magic with a Metal Arm, go play Shadowrun then.
In Cyberpunk, you can still be one. "Dress Up" or Not.

It's not about What's Real. Food in that world isn't even real anything half the time, it's all just superficial supplements to give a illusion of whatever your eating, Everything in Cyberpunk is fake.
To say if their Really some Ork, or Vampire is besides the point if you can still be one in that world. "GlorifieD Dress Up" or Not.
Besides, your trying to compare Two Different Fictional Games. I don't what to tell you lol Want some Real Monsters with Harry Potter Magic with a Metal Arm, go play Shadowrun then.
In Cyberpunk, you can still be one. "Dress Up" or Not.
I can get surgery to make my ears pointy, but that doesn't make me a Vulcan. Cyberpunk stayed away from things like magic and mythical creatures. That's not debatable. All the cosmetics in the world can't make you something you aren't.

I think the life paths we got are good. The three life paths are cool.

Street kid! Your an average kid man! In the mean streets on the future! You seen shit man. Real stuff, know what I mean? Drug deals, turf wars, prostitution, black market deals, back alley surgery, corporations taking advantage of people just like you, and more. Its rough, and you managed to survive in this hell and learn a thing or two in the process.

Corpo! Your a cutthroat business savvy silver tongued individual. Your a slick dude/lady, you think your hot shit. Your power hungry and you want money, and baby, you know how to do it. Corporate life is complicated. Lots of rules and other cutthroat people who want to make you fail, but your a step ahead of them. You were playing 4d chess while they were still playing checkers. Making power moves. You gotta adapt and change if you wanna be a successful ambitious self serving corpo that you know you are.

Nomad! "On the road again" by Willie Nelson is a great song and an awesome song to listen to as a nomad wandering the badlands and stuff. Nomads are cool! As a nomad you value family and freedom and sweet rides man. Cool car. Yeah. Fixed her up my self. Thing has enough horse power to make Arasaka shit himself. Your basically mad max. Your living life to the fullest and giving a big middle fingers to ths loser corpos. Ride hard!

Playing as rocker boy would have been epic. No doubt, but I appreciate the starting points we got so I don't think about it much.

I can get surgery to make my ears pointy, but that doesn't make me a Vulcan. Cyberpunk stayed away from things like magic and mythical creatures. That's not debatable. All the cosmetics in the world can't make you something you aren't.
Whatever you do with your ears is your business, you wanna believe your a Vulcan or some leprechaun. Fine, don't care.
Your the guy who spent thousands on that, not me lol.
But OFCOURSE its all Fake. I don't think I was trying to Debate whether or not some Gang in Night City who Act like Vampires, Dress like Vampires, even straight up behave like them ARE Vampires lol That's just an Image for them. Some for sure Believe their one but in all Reality, their not. DUH. But fuck it, their Vampires cause you know...thats their Gang? It's what their called?
It's like trying to Argue if the Gang Animals are Actually Animals. They don't look like one, sure as hell don't Behave like one, licking themselves clean and shit. No. it's their Image as a Gang. Your taking the name Way to Seriously lol.
Again, want that Real Stuff. Those Legit Monster Furries who can throw Fire Balls at you or whatever. Go play Shadowrun.

I think the life paths we got are good. The three life paths are cool.

Street kid! Your an average kid man! In the mean streets on the future! You seen shit man. Real stuff, know what I mean? Drug deals, turf wars, prostitution, black market deals, back alley surgery, corporations taking advantage of people just like you, and more. Its rough, and you managed to survive in this hell and learn a thing or two in the process.

Corpo! Your a cutthroat business savvy silver tongued individual. Your a slick dude/lady, you think your hot shit. Your power hungry and you want money, and baby, you know how to do it. Corporate life is complicated. Lots of rules and other cutthroat people who want to make you fail, but your a step ahead of them. You were playing 4d chess while they were still playing checkers. Making power moves. You gotta adapt and change if you wanna be a successful ambitious self serving corpo that you know you are.

Nomad! "On the road again" by Willie Nelson is a great song and an awesome song to listen to as a nomad wandering the badlands and stuff. Nomads are cool! As a nomad you value family and freedom and sweet rides man. Cool car. Yeah. Fixed her up my self. Thing has enough horse power to make Arasaka shit himself. Your basically mad max. Your living life to the fullest and giving a big middle fingers to ths loser corpos. Ride hard!

Playing as rocker boy would have been epic. No doubt, but I appreciate the starting points we got so I don't think about it much.
Very true man.
The Three Life Paths seem fine sense their just like All Around explain everything. It's a very open Path that could lead you down to more.
Rocker Boy, Cop, Media, could be Minor things you could tackle afterwards. Sense they do seem fairly Specific honestly for a Life's Path.

Last edited:
Whatever you do with your ears is your business, you wanna believe your a Vulcan or some leprechaun. Fine, don't care.
Your the guy who spent thousands on that, not me lol.
But OFCOURSE its all Fake. I don't think I was trying to Debate whether or not some Gang in Night City who Act like Vampires, Dress like Vampires, even straight up behave like them ARE Vampires lol That's just an Image for them. Some for sure Believe their one but in all Reality, their not. DUH. But fuck it, their Vampires cause you know...thats their Gang? It's what their called?
It's like trying to Argue if the Gang Animals are Actually Animals. They don't look like one, sure as hell don't Behave like one, licking themselves clean and shit. No. it's their Image as a Gang. Your taking the name Way to Seriously lol.
Again, want that Real Stuff. Those Legit Monster Furries who can throw Fire Balls at you or whatever. Go play Shadowrun.
Now you're just being ridiculous. Anyone with half a brain cell can tell the animals are called that because of their attack first ask questions never attitude. Also, nice misuse of the term Furry. A furry is someone who dresses up like an animal. I have an ex-friend who bought a fur suit, and no, that's not the reason they're not my friend. But your last sentence just makes my point, if you want vampires, play Shadowrun.

Now you're just being ridiculous. Anyone with half a brain cell can tell the animals are called that because of their attack first ask questions never attitude. Also, nice misuse of the term Furry. A furry is someone who dresses up like an animal. I have an ex-friend who bought a fur suit, and no, that's not the reason they're not my friend. But your last sentence just makes my point, if you want vampires, play Shadowrun.
EXACTLY man!!
You get me. "Anyone with half a brain cell can tell the animals are called that because of their attack first ask questions never attitude."
Yet here you are, arguing whether some gang who calls themselves the "Night City Vampires" are actually Vampires in Cyberpunk lol
Guess it goes to show, the Gang Animals arn't Animals then...So...that means some gang that calls themselves "Night City Vampires" arn't actually Vampires then???
Problem Solved!! Well damn, took so long lol

EXACTLY man!!
You get me. "Anyone with half a brain cell can tell the animals are called that because of their attack first ask questions never attitude."
Yet here you are, arguing whether some gang who calls themselves the "Night City Vampires" are actually Vampires in Cyberpunk lol
Guess it goes to show, the Gang Animals arn't Animals then...So...that means some gang that calls themselves "Night City Vampires" arn't actually Vampires then???
Problem Solved!! Well damn, took so long lol
You're intentionally avoiding the definition of animal that relates to the gang. They're called animals because of their ways that some would say "You're acting like an animal." Also, Beastly, etc, etc.

I think the Night City Vampire group sounds cool. Hear me out. These aren't demons that will burn in the sun or turn into a vampire bat when the mood strikes them. Duh. Now that we have deduced they aren't mythological creatures, let's focus on their body augmentations. Cause blood sucking isn't something people can do. Fangs surgically built into your jaw that are designed to take blood? Now were getting somewhere... augment your body so that the blood you intake doesn't outright kill you cause you took blood from some non-compatible blood type. Body augmentations could simulate some vampiric abilities.

I don't see this as something the player can do unless it were a mod. Though for world building I could see this as a potentially interesting subfaction.

I think the Night City Vampire group sounds cool. Hear me out. These aren't demons that will burn in the sun or turn into a vampire bat when the mood strikes them. Duh. Now that we have deduced they aren't mythological creatures, let's focus on their body augmentations. Cause blood sucking isn't something people can do. Fangs surgically built into your jaw that are designed to take blood? Now were getting somewhere... augment your body so that the blood you intake doesn't outright kill you cause you took blood from some non-compatible blood type. Body augmentations could simulate some vampiric abilities.

I don't see this as something the player can do unless it were a mod. Though for world building I could see this as a potentially interesting subfaction.
There would have to be filters for diseases, among so many other things that could cause complications. Not to mention the gang would likely be on par with Maelstrom in terms of borderline cyberpsychosis from all the augmentation.

Top Bottom