Role-Playing Perspective

+
Cyberpunk = missing features simulator. As I said 1 month ago, they will surely fix the game and render it playable for consoles. But they will not add any more features EXCEPT new stories in form of DLCs. They already stated that PC version is what they're proud of. Adding features costs, and they want to eat all the money they made thanks to the preorders.

I'm never, ever going to buy a Cdpr game again.

The exaggeration of how Lifepaths effect your story in multiple interviews leading up to release is interesting. For the most part his answer was on point though, he doesn't really contradict anything in the current version of the game.

“How different and unique can our characters be from a role-playing perspective? Will there be a morality system? Factions? Jobs or roles? Multiple endings? And how much can we affect the world state? Thanks!”

https://cyberpunkgame.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F185546206679

not my words

And there are many more
actually, it plays exactly how he describes it. Life path is mostly how you got to night city, and options for communication. And me and a friend were playing the same time, and our games ended up pretty differently.

I would have loved to have at least few missions in every lifepath. But the is only one and then they all get the same collage of non-playable part until you just get to the one apartment that you cannot even upgrade in later point. Seems rushed.

No game the same?

We all play street kid merc V, no matter the Life path...

Besides one relation to Johnny's ending, we can experience all the same endings in one single playthrough.

I think each lifepath got an additional mission within the game. But that's it. No real conclusion.

It's really heartbreaking to hear them now.

The most infuriating part is...if you want to be ruleslawyerish you can argue...

You got different "choices" in how you want to say yes.

You have one mission tied to your lifepath.

Your decision regarding Silverhand can lock you out of one ending / decide who will show up in the end.

But everyone I have talked to so far agrees, the difference is so minuscule that they might not even matter/exist.

You are given the role of V, an up and coming Night City mercenary who has desire to become a legend.

You get to play your own twist on that role.

Sword? Pistol? Hacking? Sniper? Stealth? Brute? Car? Truck? Van? Motorcycle?

Does jobs as asked? Does jobs own way regardless?

Most of what you do choose does not really affect the overall story because unlike most other games, this world does not revolve only around your character.

No game the same?

We all play street kid merc V, no matter the Life path...

Besides one relation to Johnny's ending, we can experience all the same endings in one single playthrough.

I think each lifepath got an additional mission within the game. But that's it. No real conclusion.

It's really heartbreaking to hear them now.

The most infuriating part is...if you want to be ruleslawyerish you can argue...

You got different "choices" in how you want to say yes.

You have one mission tied to your lifepath.

Your decision regarding Silverhand can lock you out of one ending / decide who will show up in the end.

But everyone I have talked to so far agrees, the difference is so minuscule that they might not even matter/exist.
That's kind of Cyberpunk's raison d'être. You roleplay as yourself in a world that doesn't give two shits about you. Cyberpunk is not about saving the world, it's about saving yourself.

That's kind of Cyberpunk's raison d'être. You roleplay as yourself in a world that doesn't give two shits about you. Cyberpunk is not about saving the world, it's about saving yourself.

basically

imagination

abde788cdcba63b4b5eef5907232162c.gif

Listening to CDPR talk whether it be a person speaking or their marketing team, its like they live in another world. Its really mind blowing how out of touch with reality they are.

Well, you have to consider for a moment some of these developers are passionate about their work. They might want a feature to work a certain way. They might describe it as working this way when questioned about it. I don't think this is because they're deliberately trying to mislead. It's the passion showing through.

This is where cuts and whatnot likely come into play. They want a feature to work like X and it's a good idea but when it comes to delivering it doesn't "make the cut". It could be for technical reasons. It might be due to time constraints. Incidentally, the feature ends up as much less than X.

But, again, I find the facial expressions and body language for the guy on the right amusing. It's like when his peer says one thing he's thinking, "Yeah, that's how it's going to work.". When his peer says another he's thinking, "Yeah, that's probably not going to happen.", or, "Ehh, you're stretching things a bit there.".

Well, you have to consider for a moment some of these developers are passionate about their work. They might want a feature to work a certain way. They might describe it as working this way when questioned about it. I don't think this is because they're deliberately trying to mislead. It's the passion showing through.

This is where cuts and whatnot likely come into play. They want a feature to work like X and it's a good idea but when it comes to delivering it doesn't "make the cut". It could be for technical reasons. It might be due to time constraints. Incidentally, the feature ends up as much less than X.

But, again, I find the facial expressions and body language for the guy on the right amusing. It's like when his peer says one thing he's thinking, "Yeah, that's how it's going to work.". When his peer says another he's thinking, "Yeah, that's probably not going to happen.", or, "Ehh, you're stretching things a bit there.".
You make a valid point and a good one. I agree with you that the devs are very likely not trying to mislead and I would say personally as well as what you've described, they are also so caught up in the illusion of their plans and goals and what they want to accomplish that they cannot (perhaps even now) see reality just as we can't really see our noses too well. To continue along that path, even now that the game is released most of the communications to the public after launch whether it be from Marcin Iwinski or Adam Badowski have appeared to me in the same way, out of touch with reality.

They're in denial, they subconsciously know the truth and their body language betrays them. They simply as far as I am able to tell have not yet been able to face it.

and as usual gamers watched this and let their imaginations run wild and got disappointed when it didn't turn out like they imagined.
No doubt about that. The shareholders, people who've filed lawsuits and the Polish government are obviously guilty of the same thing. You've hit the nail on the head. I forgot Sony, Microsoft and retailers.

and as usual gamers watched this and let their imaginations run wild and got disappointed when it didn't turn out like they imagined.
yeah, its weird because even in this thread people are like omg here is proof! when its actually like exactly how the guy said it is. He literally says lifepath is backstory, and communication options and that its a lower level difference than other things. He also mentions gear
Post automatically merged:

No doubt about that. The shareholders, people who've filed lawsuits and the Polish government are obviously guilty of the same thing. You've hit the nail on the head. I forgot Sony, Microsoft and retailers.
yeah ... all of those people are focused on ps4 bugs not game mechanics

yeah ... all of those people are focused on ps4 bugs not game mechanics
They're focused on the game and how bad it is. The shareholders aren't upset because there are bugs, they're upset because the game is in such a horrible state that lawsuits, refunds, being kicked of sales platforms and investigations by the government are the results.

You can chop the game up in categories of God Awful, Terrible and Really Good if you want but in reality it's all one game.

To me, cyberpunk is about expressing yourself.

Be the rebel, be the last spark that wants to do something. Not just another cog in the machine.

You do everything to survive, to matter. You modify, sacrifice your own body just to cling on to whom you want to be.

The Corpos don't care, everyone can betray you, that's why true friendship is so highly valued.

Yes, in the end, nothing matters at all...you die...but you lived.

That's exactly what's missing in the game, V never got to live. We never got to live through V in Night City.

It's like watching a trilogy with the first movie missing. We don't know anybody/we just know them through a flashback.

We experience a story but never had the chance to care.

The choice to fuck everything up and show the world our middle finger, THE ICONIC CYBERPUNK MOVE is stripped away from us.

Kill Hanako, kill Yorinobu, blow up the board meeting at Arasaka, and delete Mikoshi.

Let them burn! You can't do that in this game.

In this game, you can only choose how to die.

Top Bottom