Romance and Sex in The Witcher 3

+
I too would like. Especially I would like to see an evolution of what we saw in the first Witcher; choice between the two women who love and vie Geralt, development of plot and missions based on the same, romantic adventures, etc.etc. :)

I fear that there will be very little from this point of view, if not some cutscene.

I think your fears are unfounded, the developers have said again and again that the game is all about Geralt's personal relationships and story. With that in mind it's difficult for me to imagine that romance won't play a huge role in the game with plenty of related content attached to it. :)

TW2 would be my best choice. Loved the romances there. Just no with the cards....
Triss all the way for me.

Cards are long gone and thank Melitele for that. That concept was rather silly :p

.Hm, I'd like a mixture of developing a relationship by actually interacting with the characters

The thing is, by the time of Wild Hunt his main romantic relationships are already quite developed. Triss is his lover for a few years now (since TW1/TW2) and Yen was the love of his life with an on/and off/then on again kind thing going on. And since he regained his memory there's no point in "falling in love again The Bold And The Beautiful-style" plot device. It's not a bad thing at all. The difference with any other game I know is, that these relationships are very complicated, in case of Yennefer even pretty messed up. Triss haven't been exactly forthcoming with Geralt on everything either.

Add in the fact that the last time Yen and Triss have met Yennefer threatened to melt Triss' face off if she so much as lay eyes on Geralt

Add Shani to the mix and the possibilities for drama and complex interactions are pretty great. REDs have a pretty tough nut to crack how to show all those drama feels flying around, more so to new players and those that haven't read the books. Oh man I can't wait for that. Epic mage-chick fight in 3...2...1... :D

Last edited:
More like Ves, and the one you saved in TW2, some wild ones like in the 1st as well, like a Naiad this time. ;)

Cards were like photos today, doesn't bother me either way, but at least it made sense to me. Sometimes, those I have a relation with, a memento is nice. Doesn't have to be anything specific.

Yen has been his heart, his memory will confirm. However, he has grown fond of Triss by now as well, and I'd love to see Shani at least for a roll in the hay. That's exactly how she was in the books, smart cookie, too.

Last edited:
Well, if Yenn and Geralt fully regained their memories, that relationship must be interesting...They have a lot of history ;)

But as I said many times before-please CDPR, let me see
Fringilla Vigo :wub:
just one more time...So I can die in peace :D

We would like the return of romance cards?
No please, the whole romance cards thing added fuel to a very old controversy about Geralt 's promiscuity, when people can't understand there's the player behind it, lol. And then suddenly so-called-sexism around Witcher series.

:p

Jennefer??

Well that's good to know. That's pretty much how I wanted romances to be in TW3. I thought the way they did it in TW1 was way better than TW2 because they actually build up to it. Instead TW2 just thrusts Triss on you at the beginning and then expects you to care when
she gets kidnapped

Hm, I'd like a mixture of developing a relationship by actually interacting with the characters we can romance and having them frequently be a part of our quests so we can make "more informed" decisions on who we like more, etc. Ex. Triss & Yen are both part of a quest, both offer different solutions and we can make a choice between one or the other (really, really generic example).

We should definitely see the impact of our relationship with our interest(s) in our quests as well imo. Ex. If we like Yen and the game registers that because of decisions we made earlier in the game, they should have additional or unique dialogue or choices we can make within a quest.

But what we get is what we'll get. :)

Edit - Added examples.

Nah Idk.

Having to choose between two different solutions they suggest to you? That is kind of too... gamey IMO. I would say just have them in some of the quest-lines regularly, let them accompany you sometimes and talk with you during that and then let us just decide. Who we like will be a decision the player has to make, not the game based on decisions we make throughout the game. If we - hypothetically - treat them both equally in all dialogues the decision should be up to the player in the end, and context should be given by letting them accompany you once in a while an talk to you.
Don't like this "decide between Triss' and Yennefers suggestion"... Idk...

Nah Idk.

Having to choose between two different solutions they suggest to you? That is kind of too... gamey IMO. I would say just have them in some of the quest-lines regularly, let them accompany you sometimes and talk with you during that and then let us just decide. Who we like will be a decision the player has to make, not the game based on decisions we make throughout the game. If we - hypothetically - treat them both equally in all dialogues the decision should be up to the player in the end, and context should be given by letting them accompany you once in a while an talk to you.
Don't like this "decide between Triss' and Yennefers suggestion"... Idk...

Haha it's not a suggestion, it was an extremely generic example, as I stated so. I guess my example was too hastily written and didn't illustrate what I meant to say.

Everything that you wrote is what I actually meant, I just gave a really poor example lol.

Actually, I would be down for the cards again... sure, it was cheesy as hell, but TW2's scenes combined with the "collection" model of the first game would lend itself quite well for an open world game, I think. That's only for random flings, of course, not for "love interests".

Actually, I would be down for the cards again... sure, it was cheesy as hell, but TW2's scenes combined with the "collection" model of the first game would lend itself quite well for an open world game, I think. That's only for random flings, of course, not for "love interests".
I hope so!

CDPROJEKT, I want to have mini games when having sex in the witcher ! Something like PRESS LEFT CLICK to plough, and you have to do it in a time sequence, like the combat in the witcher 1.

Lol not going to happen but it would be hilarious

CDPROJEKT, I want to have mini games when having sex in the witcher ! Something like PRESS LEFT CLICK to plough, and you have to do it in a time sequence, like the combat in the witcher 1.

Lol not going to happen but it would be hilarious

Yes, as long as there's an option to control it with one hand ;)

Just make it the same way as it was done in Witcher 2. With the introduction of Yennefer we will probably get more stuff which resembles a more typical relationship and not just being "sex-friends" like Triss and Geralt. But I hope they manage to portray the relationship between Yen and Geralt in way like it is portrayed in the books (not a typical relationhip) and don't go the bioware road, where the characters behave like virgin teenagers who are going to have sex for the first time when you start a romance.

Top Bottom