Romance in this game is horrendous. [Spoilers]

+
The random requirements in this game makes romance actual dogshit. Imagine not being allowed to participate with Panam simply because your character is female. You spend a hour or two doing everything right but then just get friend zoned because being a male isn't immersive for me. Honestly this left such a bad taste in my mouth that it ruined the game for me tonight. Dont put stupid restrictions that limits the players experience. Especially when there is already almost zero romance options. It sucks being a woman in this game.

Last edited:
Imagine not being allowed to participate with Panam simply because your character is female.
Not a problem for me. You should respect the lady's sexual orientation. On my playthrough, I failed to romance Judy, but I guess she is a les, because in some dialogue she mentioned something that she was somehow close to that bossy doll and Ev. There is nothing wrong to just be a friend, pitty but give me some times and I can deal with it. What disappoints me is that limitation of joytoy. So far I only found two and I'm not interested in any of them......

Based on what I've seen in this forum, you get to have Judy instead, whom is quite popular.

That aside, considering that this game has blurred the lines of gender and sexuality soooo much, the fact they have orientations still intact is confusing to me. It would have made better sense for ALL the romance options in the game to be available to the character, regardless of the sex of the character (I mean, you can literally play as a trans character). It feels like a modern societal pressure to put LGBT in the game, when it should have been 'the future has no orientations'.

There's was an opportunity to explore a future without orientations that could have made for a thought provoking discussion.

[
i heard you dont get judy as a corpo. Never the less its all stupid any way you look at it. They give zero options, and then make stupid restrictions. Implemeting it is a horrible idea. It doesnt let players play the game how they want. It just pisses people off by denying them for no real reason. It only takes away from the game
Post automatically merged:

Here I was upset that I couldn't fuck Judy as male V. Wanna trade?

Yes! PLEASE!

***Minor spoilers about romance partners and what happens***

I role played in this game as a male V that was attracted to female body type. The amount of romance characters in this game is so few. Not to mention there's a total of one, that's right ONE, main story female character you can romance if you play as a male body type V attracted to female body type. It's also very bad because your V gets CB and BB hard and gets interrupted by enemies. Overall my V was left sexually frustrated and sexually unsatisfied. you could tell it to when V responds that he regretted that they didn't have enough time. There's one other woman you can romance whose part of the story but she's such a side character you only interact with in one mission prior. It feels more like just hooking up with a random person.

In the Witcher 3 you get to Romance multiple woman who are main story characters and several side characters that feel like main characters because there missions are so well thought out and meaningful. It feels like it was just added on at the last minute in this game, and more of like a joke, like the developers were laughing at V because V gets interrupted.

In DLC please give us more romance options that don't result in getting CB or BB.

While I agree that the romances depth in the game is not very impressive, I don't don't agree that there should be so many available characters to romance, that would leave you with the same problem. Adding more romance NPCs will not fix the lacking depth in the existing ones, and before they can think about adding new NPCs to romance, I think they should seriously overhaul the ones we have already first. THEN when CDPR has managed to make the existing romances waaaay deeper and more meaningful, with new variating dialogues rotating to give more immersion and more interactions to do like kiss, hug, sex etc. After that they can add more romance NPCs in my opinion. It doesn't matter how many NPCs you can romance if all of them feel like some shallow quickly written crap.

[
i heard you dont get judy as a corpo. Never the less its all stupid any way you look at it. They give zero options, and then make stupid restrictions. Implemeting it is a horrible idea. It doesnt let players play the game how they want. It just pisses people off by denying them for no real reason. It only takes away from the game

Yes! PLEASE!
This is wrong. I am playing with a Corpo background and I have successfully romanced Judy.

I understand the frustration with the limited choices of romances, especially with their sexual orientations. BUT, I would rather play a more immersive game with characters that have their own personalities, likes and dislikes instead of playing a game where you can seduce everyone and nobody disagrees with your choices. That will feel VERY sour and flat VERY quickly.

In my opinion I think Judy should stay lesbian for example because given her affiliations and the way she acts, talks and everything about her wouldn't make sense if you could suddenly romance her as a male V. CDPR has made the characters that way to fit in with the story and the character's stories, don't ask them to rewrite the whole game.
Instead what I would like to see happen to romance options and depth is this merged quote from myself and user "Trinixy" on 2 other threads. It highlights pretty much everything that could make the available romances REALLY worth playing, and what would give the existing romances in the game some SERIOUS impact to the game as a whole:

--This is a merge of 2 comments from the thread "Romance options and updates", both pretty much saying the same things, but I think both comments have really solid points:

MY COMMENT FROM "Romance options and updates":
I have quite a few points about romance companions I would like to make that I hope CDPR will seriously evaluate to bring A LOT more depth to the game, the romance companions and V as a character. I romanced Judy in my playthrough, still not halfway through the game though. And the story arc and everything about the Judy missions are really amazing in my opinion, up to the point where you complete "Pyramid Song". After successfully romancing Judy it all turns sour very fast and the following list of suggestions will definitely remedy that to some extent in terms of making romances actually FEEL like proper relationships, because at the moment they absolutely don't. I don't know how any other romances are currently, but this could be done for every single romance partner:

1. After successfully completing a romance, let the player be able to initiate physical interactions like kissing, hugging and even the occasional sexual intercourse. Perhaps with a short 24 hour cooldown in in-game time for example. Adding this with some new dialogue attached would go a LONG way.

2. MORE DIALOGUES. This is a must in my opinion. I can somewhat understand the lack of dialogue options before romance, but I think there should be more romance-related dialogue options from the start and way past successful romance/completion of final mission for romanceable NPCs. These options could be gradually unlocked as you progress the main missions, which would bring more depth to the game, romanced partners and V as a character.

3. Let the player invite their romance partner to V's apartment, and let the player also be able to sleep at the romance partner's place as well as store gear safely. This could be tied with physical interactions as well, for example when approaching the bed you get a prompt to "get busy" as they say, maybe even in the shower in V's apartment.

4. Why not be able to go on a date in Night City with your romance partner? Great way to get immersed in the incredible world and it could be woven in with more dialogue options. For example when progressing the story and unlocking more and deeper dialogues, they can be their own instances where you get a call or you call your romance to go on a date, and that is where you experience the new dialogues the first time. And of course the new dialogues should always be available after such an event! Very important in case the big "I love you" comes into play.

5. This one I assume could be very tricky, but I will mention it anyway. I had an idea where if you're about to assault a relatively difficult side gig or some such, you can in some cases get a prompt to call your romance partner for backup, and they'll fight with you to complete the gig. This can bring some cool RPG elements where your romance can have negative or positive reactions to the gig at hand, depending on their own morals. And after completing the gig together they will either kiss you goodbye or scoff and ignore you for a day or something.

That's about it I think. This is what I want to see regarding romances at least. Romances feel so empty at it's current state (mind you I have only romanced Judy and all the missions before successfully romancing her were amazing, these are mostly suggestions for after successful romance)

QUOTING USER «TRINIXY»:
The biggest issue by far is that the romance to your character of choice basically ends at the beginning of your relationship. Lack of depth and things to do, quests to go on past the first intimate moments left me so damn sad. It may sound silly to some but this will make or break it for me going forward. The single most rewarding experience in the game was my relationship and romance to Judy, it's what will stay with me in memory going forward. And any single bits more with her, messages, quests, events, intimacy and dialogue will make me play the game all over again. And this is why i don't advocate for more romance options atm because simply they would disappoint you all that want them i fear for the same reason. At the moment no matter where you finish Judy, Panam, River, Kerry you will still be left with the void of knowing the best has passed and your sweetheart is nothing more than few sweet messages and repeating lines of dialogue. It will crush you because you know all the investment and emotion you put into it leads to loneliness and unfulfillment.

I don't agree that the restrictions should be removed they were made to keep the integrity of the character and define them within their world and background story. Making the romances all player sexual takes away from the immersion in the realities of life. In a Cyberpunk future where unimaginable things are real this bit of human interaction and character is same as it is in reality and it is better for it. I personally feel that making everyone bi would water down the significance of who these characters are and sever many peoples connection they hold in relating to them and who they are at the core.

For purposes of hammering down the points that could improve on romance ill list few i wrote earlier:

1. Your character of choice for romance should be the only one that calls you by your full name after the start of the relationship.

2. Work on what is there already and build on it, randomize and expand the answers these characters can give us, its same lines atm, have them surprise us with different answers based on met conditions. If i ask Judy what new braindences she mixed up have her tell me 5 different things and let me choose other things to say based on her response.

3. More messages and text responses, this shouldn't be difficult but its what couples do endlessly so please. If they ask me what i want to eat for dinner or arrange a dinner after based on my response.... you get the point.

4. More quests together, casual or serious, romantic and sweet. Don't tell me that there isn't some misfit that wouldn't try get back at me tru my gf/bf in Night City, you can make so many stories its a damn gold mine.

5. More intimacy, option to kiss, hug should be somewhere in these responses we give to our person of choice. Ways to trigger more sex scenes with our partner, the ones already there are so damn tasteful and wonderfully artistic.

6. Don't make it easy. We want the challenge and sharp decision making to getting into the heart of ones we love. Triggering the intimate scenes should come with perfect decision making in dialogue choices and actions in quests/events.

7. Make more use of that apartment after they let us live with them i beg of you.

8. Let us take them with us in our car or on our bike on a mission. These characters are basically invincible and invisible anyways so just having them as support fire and some dialogue would mean so much already.

All these are within reach and not unreasonable. If at least some of the upper ones aren't met then please don't start introducing new romance options. "Quality over quantity, V." All the aforementioned can simply exist easy outside of the main storyline and simply build on the side. I'll tell you now that any new additions and changes that expands the romance of my character of choice will have me easily play tru all of the game again. And a separate multiplayer game without them as romance choice or extension of the main game will get no real interest from me. Build on your strengths, don't be a Destiny or Warframe that will get boring and beg for play tru simple grind. Build on story and dialogue and relationships that is what will make your audience sing praises.

Last edited:
The random requirements in this game makes romance actual dogshit. Imagine not being allowed to participate with Panam simply because your character is female. You spend a hour or two doing everything right but then just get friend zoned because being a male isn't immersive for me. Honestly this left such a bad taste in my mouth that it ruined the game for me tonight. Dont put stupid restrictions that limits the players experience. Especially when there is already almost zero romance options. It sucks being a woman in this game.

Sucks being a straight dude when you despise everything about Panam but she is your central romance option.

So count your blessings, OP.

Seriously, my interactions with her are like:
"I'm just going to sit here next to you and look up at the sta..."
"I don't care. G'night choom."

It also sucks being a man in this game... it sucks to expect anything from this game that goes beyond mediocracy... it is nothing more than a mediocre looter shooter action adventure on a nice big map with a decent but short story... if you like such things... you will have a good time... expect more and you will be disappointed!

Really like to see romance build up along the way filty not Judy nice ass lets go for a swim then have sex so this is a one night stand or Panam lets go take a ride in the tank then have sex who wrote this stuff? i expected something like yennifer a filty romance to build up to the moment , guess the programmer who wrote this is in there later years in life where romance does n"t matter was a disappointment for me.

Really like to see romance build up along the way filty not Judy nice ass lets go for a swim then have sex so this is a one night stand or Panam lets go take a ride in the tank then have sex who wrote this stuff? i expected something like yennifer a filty romance to build up to the moment , guess the programmer who wrote this is in there later years in life where romance does n"t matter was a disappointment for me.

I can do without it altogether, honestly. I just wish that I could skip the romance parts of the storyline altogether.

So the battle from Dragon Age 2 continues.

Do video games go the "realistic" route and create NPCs who have their own sexual orientation?

Or do they go the unrealistic route and make all the NPCs Bi/Pan/Playersexual in order to make the players happy?

I can see the positives and negatives for both. Overall though, I am fine with NPCs having their own developed personality and preferences. Maybe what would have benefited the game (and I guess the player) more is if they had more romance options to choose from.

At least, I thought that Cyberpunk could have a drink with a woman walking around the streets and freely use the doll club or brain dance club.
romance is not freedom even a date with a romance character like Judy or Panam.. not to mention other romance options.

I think the main problem is romance in general feels lackluster due to not having anything besides missions to do with them. There are bars in the game, you can't call either Panam or Judy to hang out, you can't call them to come over help them with a side-quest or something.
There are motels but the only "romance" you have there is with Stout and that's barely anything, there are no arcades or tennis courts or anything really to do either alone or with a loved character.

It's stupid that characters have pre-defined preferred sexuality? I think that makes them more... like real people. I think it's silly to expect every character you have a close relationship with to equal a romantic relationship. I do believe there should have been more choices for all V genders.

I am a male player, and sure, i am 100% ok with sexual orientation being completely open in this game. It is the future, and hopefully in the future everyone is everyone, gender doesnt define ones outcome in relationships or sexual experiences.

That being said... I would love to go on a date with judy. lol.

However, that being said, I got duped when i went to do a mission and i was going to do a braindance thing or something and they had me choose between 2 npc's to interact with and i chose the name angel because i though angel = angelica = pretty = yep thats the girl. WRONNGGGGGGGG lol, much to my surprise I told my wife that I have no idea why there is a guy standing in my room that i was going to meet. I was supposed to meet angel, maybe its part of the game play.

My wife so no you idiot, did you not read... the guys name was angel lol.

ohhhh i had to use the safeword like superfast lmao.

Good times though lol.

I am a male player, and sure, i am 100% ok with sexual orientation being completely open in this game. It is the future, and hopefully in the future everyone is everyone, gender doesnt define ones outcome in relationships or sexual experiences.

That being said... I would love to go on a date with judy. lol.

However, that being said, I got duped when i went to do a mission and i was going to do a braindance thing or something and they had me choose between 2 npc's to interact with and i chose the name angel because i though angel = angelica = pretty = yep thats the girl. WRONNGGGGGGGG lol, much to my surprise I told my wife that I have no idea why there is a guy standing in my room that i was going to meet. I was supposed to meet angel, maybe its part of the game play.

My wife so no you idiot, did you not read... the guys name was angel lol.

ohhhh i had to use the safeword like superfast lmao.

Good times though lol.

Happened to lots of us. I banged the male hooker on accident, too. I thought he was a pimp.

Top Bottom